POLL: Rosenthal Wants A New Trial

Should Ed continue with endless retrials or move on to other things? Is enough enough

• Yes - It's Time To Move On

Votes: 22 29.3%
  • No - Keep Fighting This One

Votes: 53 70.7%

• Total voters

Jim Finnel

Fallen Cannabis Warrior & Ex News Moderator
Ed Rosenthal, twice convicted of violating federal drug laws by growing marijuana for medical patients, wants a new trial.

The 62-year-old Oakland man claims U.S. District Judge Charles Breyer in San Francisco wrongly barred him from telling jurors his goal was helping the sick.

In a motion filed earlier this month, Rosenthal's attorney argued Breyer should have allowed him to present evidence regarding "the scientific value of medical marijuana."

Assistant U.S. Attorney George Bevan said Rosenthal's allegations are without merit, according to a motion he filed Wednesday.

A federal jury on May 30 convicted Rosenthal of conspiring to grow and distribute marijuana and other charges. Federal agents in February 2002 seized more than 3,700 pot plants at an Oakland warehouse run by Rosenthal.

He was sentenced to one day in jail, which he'd already served.

Rosenthal was convicted of similar charges in 2003 but an appeals court overturned the verdict because a juror called a lawyer for advice during deliberations.

News Hawk- User 420 MAGAZINE ® - Medical Marijuana Publication & Social Networking
Source: San Francisco Chronicle
Copyright: 2007 Hearst Communications Inc.

so I side with Ed
i think you can side with ed regardless of your position.

for me its a question of best use of energies and resourses. i don't see his cases on main stream media so all that happens is singing to the choir. but i feel his cause is just. i would wonder how is his health, is he strong enough to fight. could the costs of the fight be better use some other way, like bribing politicians. hey, it works for everyone else.

something or some things that are big need to happen. because the people we really need to reach are not getting the message.

Not allowing him to present the scientific information supporting his argument is a violation of his rights, by him not having the ability to use his argument does not give him a fair trial which every person is entitled to in this nation. The government won't allow scientists to research marijuana legally because they know its legit and would look like complete ass hats when everything they have been saying for years is proven 100% false.

Not allowing him to present the scientific information supporting his argument is a violation of his rights, by him not having the ability to use his argument does not give him a fair trial which every person is entitled to in this nation. The government won't allow scientists to research marijuana legally because they know its legit and would look like complete ass hats when everything they have been saying for years is proven 100% false.
i agree 100%. i don't question the rightness of his cause.

i'm still not sure. i'm fence stradlin' :hmmmm:

its more a states right question in my mind. which is a much more important issue. we've already had a civil war over states rights. thats why there is this problem now. the south should have freed the slaves and then fought over states rights. no i'm not pro-slavery. i am for states rights. ultimately i would be for things to be decided on local levels by popular vote. boy am i rambling. but its all connected. its all the same struggles in different shades of grey. they/we can't admit any medical marijuana testimony into evidence because the darkforce does not recoqnize a states right to decide for itself. this is the sort of thing revolutions have been fought over and blood spilt.

ok, i just talked myself into it. i'm voting to continue the fight. i must be stoned i'm talking to myself, well... and you too.

Ed has absolutely nothing to lose and everything to gain by continuing his legal right to have his day in court.. another day that is.

Kudos for Ed! :cheesygrinsmiley::peace:

I don't think that's the point Mr Moose. Ed has a legitimate federal soap box to preach from.. I say, "Let him do it, power to him".

Neither here nor there, he gets to fuck with federal prosecutors and indirectly, the DEA while carrying a "get-out-of-jail-free card". I cannot imagine what could be more fun.:cheesygrinsmiley::peace:

^ good point Pinch. Thank you.

Thanks for your comment.:cheesygrinsmiley::peace:

P.S.: I don't mind seeing my tax dollars spent on cases like this. It generates great "world" press for the Medical Cannabis cause.

he gets to fuck with federal prosecutors and indirectly, the DEA while carrying a "get-out-of-jail-free card". I cannot imagine what could be more fun
when you put it that way i can't think of a better reason for him to keep it up. fucking with them makes sense to me.

Back
Top Bottom