Pollen chuckers paradise

It’s my understanding that they only need a few hours for pollination to occur but I could be totally wrong. That’s why this thread is super cool. I’m learning new things everyday and been growing this plant for quite a long time now.
Man I hope that's true. I'd love to get it done in few hours. I totally agree with you about the thread. Hopefully it will help others for a long time :high-five: knowledge is power and needs to be shared!

Man I hope that's true. I'd love to get it done in few hours. I totally agree with you about the thread. Hopefully it will help others for a long time :high-five: knowledge is power and needs to be shared!
there fine youll see that's what I do ill leave the bag on for a couple days it doesn't hurt a thing then spray and keep those girls fed well to there going to be using a lot of energy building seeds!:)

I do my painting of a branch or two in my tent

Fans off, hit the buds. I usually mist adjacent plant just in case before I start

I've had some collateral damage..but not much

Lady few times I did 3-4 different pollen on each plant...went very well

And that pollen is perfect to go in the freezer..the rice will suck up any moisture

Last night I gathered up 2 more small viles of dude dust. Chopped my man down. Took all the girls out for a good spray down. Then put them back in the main bloom tent.

I was amazed at how much pollen he was still putting out on the third day.

Next time I will use a smaller male. He was way too big for what I needed.... That just didn't sound right :rofl: Oh well you know what I mean

I am getting closer to that day myself. The bud formation is starting to bulk up a bit. I am still seeing some trichomes and like the male I have more and more each day.
Good deal! Is it typical for male's to be really smelly. Mine smelled worse than any plant I've ever been around. Like a musky skunk. I could smell the shed for a long ways

Good deal! Is it typical for male's to be really smelly. Mine smelled worse than any plant I've ever been around. Like a musky skunk. I could smell the shed for a long ways
Yes that's a really good sign. Stinky is one of the most important things when picking a male. Cheers

That’s a good thing! :woohoo:

Subbed! :passitleft:

The beloved cola monster one of the few members here whom have stood the test of time and patience here at the mag. Welcome Legend

Thanks shottafire!:thanks:
Never to old or late to learn a thing or two from my peers and how they do things.:high-five: Great thread Dank, makes for some good reading!:thumb:

Smell is the one thing I haven't noticed much on the SSH male I am looking at yet. I am going to try one more time to get pictures of the trichomes on the pods. There are even more of them then there was before. Enough for me to know what I am looking at now. I am sure that is what I am seeing now. I just can't get pictures clear enough to see them very well.

What is showing up is enough to make me want to use this male. I just wish I could show it so others can see what I am talking about. I thought I could do it with just cropping the photo's but that doesn't look like it is the case. I may have to get a microscope for the laptop to get the pictures I want.

I may have pollinated my whole house to do it but I did get the pictures I was wanting. They are not the best but they do show the trichomes. The fact that it seems they are cloudy from the start was part of the problem. Plus they are shorter than the hairs that grow all over the leaves and flowers. Here are the best close ups I have found so far.

@Jackalope

Yes they are definitely trichomes. There are at least 3 different types of trichome on cannabis.
The stalked bulbous ones most growers will watch, bulbous without a stalk, like on your male their and ones that just look like little hairs.

The bulbous ones are the ones that contain the majority of Cannabinoids and terpenes.

Thank you. I need to keep going through the pictures. I thought I had one that showed the stalks also. I just need to crop the right spot LMAO. What stalk they have isn't much.

So Celt. Have you seen many males to give me a idea of how this one is looking compared to others? I know it is the most I have seen on a male. I have only really looked hard at 6 or 7 males. This male and a Jack's Cleaner 2 male are the only ones I have seen noticeable bulbous trichomes like this. The JC 2 didn't have this many when it released pollen.

Great info and pics everyone. Stupid question for you all..... I have autos that I want to have pollinate each other in the same tent as my vegging photo. How long is the pollen viable and if I wait to flower my photo can I avoid having it being pollinated despite being in the same tent just at a later date? To clarify they are all in the same tent, I just wouldn't be flipping to 12/12 until the autos are long gone Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom