Pollen chuckers paradise

Hi Dank ,I Bought some short stuff auto reg mix last year so I could make my own auto seeds
Planted 4 seeds & got two male & two females
one male & female bloomed in 21 days the other two took longer
the male was about 50 days the female was later 1st or second week July

used the pollen from the late male to pollinate the female, also had some photo plants growing so figured I would start some auto seeds lines Jack Herer & White widow

My luck it turned out I got some of there super auto seeds
Grew out 3 seeds so far & Got a male I killed ,A female that bloomed in 21 days
& the last one looks like it's going to be a super auto ( still vegging past a month now)

IMG_1373.JPGIMG_1556.JPGIMG_1435.JPG
I thought the plant was only going to be 3 ' or so, had to top it at about 3 & half feet , got to 5' x 5'

I haven't got to where I have tried to save any pollen yet, but only done experimenting 3 times so far and they have all been more spur of the moment thing prior to culling the male. I don't have tons of space to do it correctly as I try to stay close to the 4 plant max for Rec (which is pretty much impossible, stupid lawmakers that don't know squat as seedlings and clones shouldn't count as a plant).

Think this was pic of the Ace of Spades I used last time I messed around with chucking, dusted a Black Columbian OG clone that I had an extra of at the time.

Had a clone of the cross of those outside this last year that got chopped in November and a one inside I let go full cycle month prior:

Well ok sorta 4 experiments or on the shelf anyway as may test out the Hermie seed theory sometime with the Acaplulco Gold that hermied on me that I caught late so said screw it and let it go (whether high chance of hermies on hermie seeded bud or not....maybe someday or maybe never I will test theory ;) ). Haven't found any seeds yet on the Panama Red or that Black cross I made above that were on either side of that Gold so hermie pollen must not be very strong or something (but don't take my word for it and screw up your grows, or a "try at your own risk" ;) :rofl: ) Gold was middle plant with the red on left and black on right:

old school fluffy sticky buds full of seeds on that Gold :rofl:

back in the late 70s I had a friend that could get black Columbian let me tell ya when you've been toking brick weed for 6 mos that black was killer good stuff wouldn't mind toking some now!

I got those beans at a THC Fair in town a few years back, the guy was quite the character and he had/has a bunch of old school stuff that he has made Hybrids out of (think it's Gold Crown Seeds for the breeder). He has a book about the old hash smuggling days of old, quite the read (good to see there was folks crazier than I was back in the day ;) :rofl: )

I pollinated Pink Kush CBD Auto a couple weeks ago

Excited to see if I can get that AMAZING smell and color in a photo cross

Fun fun fun
0204201037a.jpg

I'll join, it's been fun hucking pollen and then working those strains further and further. When I started, i never planned on "breading" but now I'm all about the hunt. Just wish I had more space. I've tried pollen in the freezer but never with rice may have to try that. It lost its viability and now i just keep it room temp.

Here is the boom boom room. Set to a inline fan and filter and my seedless tent runs one of those dust shrooms to keep pollen out

Here I have a reversed GSC Xtrm for pollination on a GSC Xtrm and Garlic Sherbert. The GSC xtrm is my special pheno and I'll be giving it a new name.
20200208_070340.jpg
20200208_065635.jpg
20200208_065603.jpg
20200208_065539.jpg

It's funny, all my other plants would explode pollen when touched. This one had a ton of pollen but I had to take it by hand. I used my trim bin to collect all the pods and shake them on the screen to collect clean pollen under the bin. That Sherb is now elevated on another 1gal pot to get better lighting
Looks amazing!

Hi Rich is that a trim bin? Did you just lightly brush them across it. I've been wanting to get one of those
Yes sir, think it was @Pennywise that turned me on to them.
Basically I rub or shake the plant over the screen and the sacs fall off and some that stay on open and release, then I use the brush to move the pods that have fallen to get them to open up. I like the shake the bin to make it release some more. I then leave the sacs ontop to dry and release more pollen and the pollen below to dry for storage. The male has now been culled but before I did I took closed trim sheers and rubbed all the pods so that all sacs got stripped off. That's what left of my collected pollen after giving the girls the final dusting.
Looks amazing!
Thank you :passitleft:
That screen is fantastic

I've got something similar I'll try next time

Saweeeeeet
It makes storing pollen so much easier, enjoy :passitleft:

Back
Top Bottom