Pollen chuckers paradise

It is only the two little ladies, Wildfire and Bessie that I am wanting to pollenate. The pollen is from a sibling seed, so their inbred offspring will be my first, what I call baseline strain, from which others will derive. They are close enough together that I should be able to just put a huge sheet of plastic over Tink while attending to the other girls...which for good measure, their flowers will likely be done by putting a plastic baggie with the pollen in it over them. Cheapo sandwich bags are in infinite supply at Dollar Tree anyway.

I am really hoping Tink can keep her V card for max bud, since she is my biggest plant after so many total Fs in the A with all those males this year. If I can get a good harvest off her, then I can be decently supplied until next year's harvest (coupled with last year's which I am still processing) without another dispensary trip.

Well, I have started on Wonder Dog's pollen sacs. But before I continue... am I doing it right? This is a mix of loose ones that fell off from normal handling, and a bunch still attached to their twigs.

I just can't tell at this point if this is what I should be seeing.

RPR - Wonderdog Harvested Sacs.JPG

I think I may be running short on time since the girls have also flowered, and they need the seed before they come too far along, I presume?

I have also been thinking that if I am too late with Wonder Dog's pollen, Runt's may possibly be usable by now. Runt was the one that flowered early due to being planted outside too early, and ended up being male.

I saved a bunch of pollen sacs in a pill bottle, with a few pieces of rice as a desiccant, sealed it up real good, and have had it in the freezer since 01-JUN.

Here is how it is looking now...

RPR - Runts Pollen.JPG

I'm not sure what to think. Although it has been frozen since June, it feels all damp still, though a lot of the pollen sacs do look like they matured. Should I have let them mature first just in a room temperature place before freezing?

Anyway, the rice did not seem to work as expected, so now I have added a silica gel desiccant packet and put it in the fridge. I figure freezing a second time would likely render any pollen useless.

Separate the pollen from plant material, I had the best results leaving the male in the garage overnight out of any wind and collecting pollen on a large piece of aluminum foil. Then fold foil down center and use gravity and paintbrush to move pollen to center.

I don't think there is any pollen yet to separate out actually. I think I am done harvesting this batch, and am just going to let it sit in a dark drawer to dry out. Would blowing hot air like from a hair dryer possibly help expedite this, or would that cook the sacs and the pollen inside?

I am also thinking that if this little project fails, I may still be able to stay "on schedule" with some of my projects and experiments.

Runt flowering early due to being planted early may have meant that he was out there during the Spring Equinox, which would be a 12/12 day. That probably triggered his flowering. So, if during the Winter, I can manage to get one confirmed female and one confirmed male from my Wildling seeds going inside, then come Spring, I can just put them in decent sized pots out in the enclosure. Then when they flower early, I should get a proper inbreeding pollenization, and could conceivably have seeds in time to get started right away and have ready for planting beginning of Summer.

It's worth a shot. After all, I seem to have an infinite supply of seeds, all siblings, to work with, and more on the way as I continue processing 2019's haul.

Plants from my first generation of breeding out Chemdawg D BX3:

I'm going to take the best plant from this grow and pollinate it with a male from a strain I bred out three times (Chem D v1.1), then breed that out a few generations to see what I get. :)

Got some seeds to pop from my bud rot plant that my treatment of anti-fungal and baking soda
seemed to sterilize seeds, I took seeds from lower pop corn bud that didn't get much treatment.

Cross is Boreal lights auto/Cheese auto : plan is to start in cups, the best four into 1 gallon fabric and from there pick the best male/female. I'm only using 1G pots because my indoor space is limited to 2x2 and a small plant gives plenty of seeds.

After seeing how lovely Wildfire's buds are already starting to look (will get some good shots tomorrow), I have decided to not pollinate any of this batch, and will put that project off for just a tad longer. Perhaps I can get a couple sibling seeds going this Fall inside, then put them out early next year so they flower when the Spring Equinox hits (keeping them potted though), and then putting them in the grow room or bud room together for a conjugal visit.

We will see how things go. For now, I would rather get as much unseeded bud from this year's grow as possible. I have plenty of Wildling seeds standing by for future attempts.

Hey Chuckers!

Here is the current pollen chuckin project I'm on...

Orange Fruity Pebbles OG open pollination.. 4 males, 2 females of OFPOG as well as a bunch of other strains that are my go-to's.

Here are the 2 OFPOG females...

Also included in this project is a strain I created with a reversed Black Cherry soda (CS) x Black Diamond OG... and now getting dusted with OFPOG pollen :)

After snooping around other sites before I had to redo my Windows build and lost bookmarks, I found one giving some step by step on pollen harvesting. One thing I seem to recall was putting them in a bottle or baggie, and letting them dry out. Then once dry, they can be cracked open and the pollen collected.

I presume I still want to put a few pieces of rice in the bottle to serve as a dessicant, but if I can't find where our rice supply was stowed, perhaps just a normal dessicant packet should do, like the ones we get from our beef jerky packets on our weekly grocery shopping for example... been putting those into the bud jars to help last year's cure.

Guess it is almost time to go ahead and start collecting Wonder Dog's pollen sacs for Operation Red Rocket, before Wildfire and Bessie get too far into flowering to make seeds. And hopefully I don't accidentally pollinate too much of Tink's flowers...perhaps I can rig up a clear plastic partition to seperate Tink from the others, or find out from my neighbor again what he said was his technique to reduce accidental pollenization when growing outdoors (his grow is looking very enviable right now).
Just put some dry ruce in the oven to compketely dry them for a few minutes aking and some flour or cornstarch.. take a shot glass and a masson jar and some glaas vike with screw lid. . Colect the pollen and and dump in the shot glass.. put the dry rice in the masson jar and drop the shot glass without lossing the pollen. Close the lid the next day open the lid and add about 4 time the amount of flour or corn starch. Mix it in with the pollen and wait another day after thus add it to the viles.. you can store it in the freezer keeo it in the rice and masson jar to insure it stays dry.. (place in more vile if you want to usebut more the once. Since everytime you open a vile humidity can get in and degrade the life.

Collect fat male flower just befire they burst (you can collect every day) cover the plant part you dont want to polinat (you can mist the leafs and buds with water) then polinate the branche you want and civer it with a paper bag for a few days... the best time to do this is from week 3-4 past this point it gets harder since some of the pistil are starting to die off slowly lower branch can be used past that point.. it should takr a good 5 weeks to mature. But after a week the place that worked will all have curled up pistils that turned.. just let the seeds there and don't collect them. Harvest the plant first and leave it for another week if you can.. by week six the seeds will start falling sign of coplete maturaty.. din't be like the cheap seedbanks. Crush all the seeds between your fingers and only keep the nature seed that don't break... This is a cross if a strain i'm working on called red cyn and a red congolese from california. The seeds will br backcrossed to red congolese to add vigor

Attachments

• IMG_20200906_191829949.jpg
    IMG_20200906_191829949.jpg
    542.8 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_20200906_191031158.jpg
    IMG_20200906_191031158.jpg
    694.5 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_20200906_190733594.jpg
    IMG_20200906_190733594.jpg
    690.5 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_20200906_190526180.jpg
    IMG_20200906_190526180.jpg
    839 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_20200906_190026261.jpg
    IMG_20200906_190026261.jpg
    704.8 KB · Views: 16
Just put some dry ruce in the oven to compketely dry them for a few minutes aking and some flour or cornstarch.. take a shot glass and a masson jar and some glaas vike with screw lid. . Colect the pollen and and dump in the shot glass.. put the dry rice in the masson jar and drop the shot glass without lossing the pollen. Close the lid the next day open the lid and add about 4 time the amount of flour or corn starch. Mix it in with the pollen and wait another day after thus add it to the viles.. you can store it in the freezer keeo it in the rice and masson jar to insure it stays dry.. (place in more vile if you want to usebut more the once. Since everytime you open a vile humidity can get in and degrade the life.

I will keep that in mind when I get back to this task. Definitely just going to let all three girls produce unviolated buds and try with an indoor grow to produce a brother sister pair to breed together. :) Like I mentioned previously, seeing how lovely Wildfire's buds are already looking, very impressive for such a small little lady; it would be a crime to pollinate her. :)

I will keep that in mind when I get back to this task. Definitely just going to let all three girls produce unviolated buds and try with an indoor grow to produce a brother sister pair to breed together. :) Like I mentioned previously, seeing how lovely Wildfire's buds are already looking, very impressive for such a small little lady; it would be a crime to pollinate her. :)
You should clone her with some of the lowest brach. Just take a few cuttings from her remove some of the flowers while leaving the fan leafs and sugar leaf what wiukd be a crime would be not keeping the gene pool active.. i always keep a clone somewhere. Even if i'm late in flowering or i revedge juste fir tgat seed purpose

Back
Top Bottom