Pollen chuckers paradise

Dankman_420

I'm trying to make some seeds from collecting pollen and I thought it would be nice to have a thread about chucking pollen. Hopefully others will join in to share their experiences with creating seeds. I have a male that's about ready to start releasing pollen and a few different plants I want to cross it with. Here's my male

I'll be spraying more spunk in about a week

Have some of my newest seeds in water right now.. probably to paper towels tomorrow

I'll be spraying more spunk in about a week

Have some of my newest seeds in water right now.. probably to paper towels tomorrow
I have a question about a male I have. It's in tiny bathroom with a tiny window that light come through. It's all the light my male gets. He's 3 weeks in bloom and not releasing pollen. If I had him under a better light source would it speed him up?

Probably, but I've put em in a room, no light, and he kept spitting spunk

Maybe just turn on the light in there

Hi momma k. How's it going with your breeding? I saw your post with a huge amount of pollen. Really impressive

Not gonna lie, it was a lot of pollen. After collecting all the pollen when I showered there was a fine mist of it rolling away. I was covered. I loved the experiment and now I getting seeds from that pollen, however I doubt I will do it again. I didn't mind because our weather here isn't great, and its rained pretty much since I started it the process so I wasn't worried about pollenating my other garden it's in another building. Unless I did one plant at a time, just about tipped me over with only having two hands if ya know what I mean. On that note I'll see what seeds I get from pollenating my girls. That's still in play.

Not gonna lie, it was a lot of pollen. After collecting all the pollen when I showered there was a fine mist of it rolling away. I was covered. I loved the experiment and now I getting seeds from that pollen, however I doubt I will do it again. I didn't mind because our weather here isn't great, and its rained pretty much since I started it the process so I wasn't worried about pollenating my other garden it's in another building. Unless I did one plant at a time, just about tipped me over with only having two hands if ya know what I mean. On that note I'll see what seeds I get from pollenating my girls. That's still in play.

Pollen in vials, with raw rice, in freezer

I recently used pollen about 2 yrs old, still as good as the day I got it

Pollen in vials, with raw rice, in freezer

I recently used pollen about 2 yrs old, still as good as the day I got it
Yes I used flour, hope that works. Seems to be pollenating these plants ok though. I have seeds forming but have no idea when they are done.

I didn't like flour

Thinned it too much... One vial I tried 6mo later I got no seeds from

So been rice ever since

I didn't like flour

Thinned it too much... One vial I tried 6mo later I got no seeds from

So been rice ever since
Noted. I pollenated the ladies right away and that was without flour now come to think about it. I added the flour after for the storage. Well there ya go. I will use rice if I ever do it again. :green_heart:

Over the last 5\6 year's of growing mostly regs I've tossed lots of males into compost bin. Time to be some use out of them

That was why I would try because I have a bunch of non fem. coming up and thought I would collect but its alot and I don't think I can do both sexes at the same time. Never mind how that sounded, I prefer the girls in flower over the boys and the pollen

Back
Top Bottom