Pollen chuckers paradise

Anyway, I was thinking it would be cool to do a thread on Annunaki gear if that would be allowed. The Huckleberry Soda that I tried was so good that I bought some of their gear. A few people growing their gear seems like a good enough reason to grow some. We can bask together in the glory that is Annunaki genetics.:passitleft:

I see people do group grows of certain strains, you may be able to get a group grow going for a breeder, but I am unsure. If you do I may join in if I have any spots open. I have a few things of his I need to run.

Crossing & back-crossing
"With several generations of crossing together brothers and sisters from the same parents—selecting on the basis of desirable traits—a greater degree of consistency and therefore predictability can be achieved. Desired traits become dominant and will always appear, while undesirable traits are gradually eliminated from the gene pool and are no longer expressed.
For some traits, back-crossing plants to previous generations allows traits to become stabilised more quickly. Many breeders erroneously believe that some degree of back-crossing is necessary to stabilise any strain, but in reality this technique is only required for certain characteristics."

Good idea. Not many companies have time to stabilize anything these days. Most are pumping out at least 4 or 5 new F-1 hybrids every year.

Another way some of this info is helpful to pollen chuckers. Most of us don't have original parents of the strains we are growing. Back crossing can be a helpful way to breed. If you can take a hybrid you like and cross it back to one of the original parents. For a example. Crossing your best Blue Dream back to one of its parents. What weed you like will help you decide which parent. Blueberry for more body or SSH for the sativa side.

The outcome of those seeds is probably going to be better than a F-2 hybrid.

Red Poison Auto is getting hers today

GDP
ATF
ACDC
Daddy's Lil Devil aka DDA x GDP

One branch of each...painted on

Fun fun fun
0211201023c.jpg

I guess my search for the best males ended yesterday. After looking at both males with a scope. I found no trichomes on the shorter bushy male I was calling Billy. I don't know that it is not going to be a good breeding male. I do know I found nothing to give me the impression that it would be better than the other male. I went ahead and cut it down.

Bob on the other hand still has a few tiny trichomes on the pods and some leaves. Not many as of yet. The females are not showing frost yet either. It still has a better up side as of now. Mostly I wanted to limit the amount of pollen that is going to show up. The Haze side of SSH is what interests me the most. I am pretty sure this male has those genetics. Whether I use it is still up in the air. Plants in the 60 x 60 tent are about ready to be pollinated soon. Pollen may show up just in time.

Which brings up the question. If this male does not impress me totally. Do I save pollen. Probably yes but I just don't know. I will use it this run if it shows up in time. No reason not too. Saving pollen that I am not totally impressed with goes against what I really want to accomplish. I can still find SSH genetics from the female side. I am hoping to find one to regenerate.

I guess my search for the best males ended yesterday. After looking at both males with a scope. I found no trichomes on the shorter bushy male I was calling Billy. I don't know that it is not going to be a good breeding male. I do know I found nothing to give me the impression that it would be better than the other male. I went ahead and cut it down.

Bob on the other hand still has a few tiny trichomes on the pods and some leaves. Not many as of yet. The females are not showing frost yet either. It still has a better up side as of now. Mostly I wanted to limit the amount of pollen that is going to show up. The Haze side of SSH is what interests me the most. I am pretty sure this male has those genetics. Whether I use it is still up in the air. Plants in the 60 x 60 tent are about ready to be pollinated soon. Pollen may show up just in time.

Which brings up the question. If this male does not impress me totally. Do I save pollen. Probably yes but I just don't know. I will use it this run if it shows up in time. No reason not too. Saving pollen that I am not totally impressed with goes against what I really want to accomplish. I can still find SSH genetics from the female side. I am hoping to find one to regenerate.
If you're gut feeling is he's not the one. Then I wouldn't go through the hassle of dealing with pollen

Chris keep a eye out for red withered hairs after pollination. It will show you how well the pollen took. Pretty easy to know it took with the painting on method but it is worth checking.
Exactly

Easy way to know they got prego

Personally, I keep the males till they are fully mature/about to bust to pick the best looking/smelling of the group. If your getting bad genetics then definitely no point in continuing but if you got something you like then i will start selective breeding/ back crossing on the offspring to make the strain better and better. Just keep selecting the best of the bunch with the traits you like and you'll start seeing more of the plants your after.

Yummy pollen collecting..... :yummy:

CIMG2732.jpg

the boy in the window
CIMG2734.jpg

I back crossed a triple purple rhino male to a sister female. I did it early enough in flower to get fully formed seeds and still have lots of budding later. You can see the seeds in calyx with retracted withered pistil and bunches of new white pistils.
I want 5 weeks before harvest for seeds to mature but 4 will do.

CIMG2784.jpg

it is great fun. I just wish I had more room to run pheno hunts.

That prism should be a real treat..... anything with huckleberry seems to get big and be real nice, dense buds. Anmunaki gear definitely doesn't disappoint

Thread must have been scrubbed. Saw a couple interesting posts and now they gone. 420

They clean up after me a lot ... I'm like the PigPen of 420mag. :ganjamon:

Yeah popped some Prism and they all had tails and I put them is peat pellets waiting for helmets to show. tap tap tap.....

Now we gotta do a thread on inbreeding and BX so people can actually stabilize their creations. That would be pretty interesting. Not for everybody, but definitely interesting.

Well reversing takes a lot of extra work out of the process. Select a worthy female and you have S1 seeds of the keeper.

Not saying growing out males is bad per se but ya you can get some variation if the parents weren't worked on very far.

Interesting process for sure.

I learned an interesting tip from @Lerugged - pollinate the young females soon after they show sex. Can save you space and time. If its a cut/clone they are already mature so all you need is some roots and some pollen.

Back
Top Bottom