Pollen chuckers paradise

Unless you plan on using the male I would scrap it. You could potentially pollinate other people’s crops in your area. Being in NorCal there’s plenty of guys growing in your area right now in greenhouses light dep style.

This is the one stem that had pistils, I just wanted to make sure that those where male organs in the other pictures. Wish any of you guys were in a NorCal area I'd give the plant to you. more than likely I'm just going to put him outside in the garden to see if he would grow by himself.
20200224_101603.jpg

Don't put it outside. It looks to be a hermie or male. Mostly male. You are not the only person growing marijuana. Just because you don't grow them all outside others do. The pollen your plant can produce could screw up someone else's crop. Not worth it just to see a plant be useless.

Seeds are starting to show up on this girl. This is one from the open pollination. What's everyone's guess on the amount of seeds she's going to put out?

IMG_20200226_175855424.jpg
IMG_20200226_174854473.jpg

100,100,001 seeds....ish

Give or take a dozen

I am going to give that a try. I have not seen any pollen yet. I should know tomorrow how the dry branches thing worked. I don't have high hopes for it. Maybe the glass jar with water idea will work.
The water in jar method works. Just did it myself for the first time.

Is 5 weeks after pollination the average time for seed maturity? I'm trying to make future plans. Thanks
Normally yes

I had some at 4+ weeks..but most still weren't viable

I'll be checking some at 5 weeks on Saturday when I get home....so e were not ready a week ago

Seeds are starting to show up on this girl. This is one from the open pollination. What's everyone's guess on the amount of seeds she's going to put out?

IMG_20200226_175855424.jpg
IMG_20200226_174854473.jpg
Very nice!!!

A plant that size could put out anywhere from 50-400+ mature seeds :) If I were to guess based on the photo. I would say 250 mature seeds :)

Is 5 weeks after pollination the average time for seed maturity? I'm trying to make future plans. Thanks

I usually wait until the seed pods bust open and this signifies that you are getting close. I generally then will pull a couple seed pods off the plant, open them and see if the seeds are starting to "tiger stripe" if they are, then I usually give them an extra week or 2 to fully mature.

From 12/12/ flip I find that going around 65-75 days has given me quite good yields of mature seeds if the pollen was spread during early flowering. (strain dependant). It seems that some strains take longer for the seeds to mature than others.

Back
Top Bottom