Pollen chuckers paradise

I chopped my plants a few days ago and that was 31 days from pollination. I won’t know until I germinate them but they look viable to me.
Did you try and press them into your finger to see if they break under forceful pressure. I got over 500 seeds that passed the hard pressure test on my last run. And i pressed hard.. Weak shell can still be fertile.. But out of my recent germination rate. All 144 germinated 3 took a few more days

I did the squeeze test on a few and they passed for the most part had a few that smashed between my fingers.
I would keep the ones still in the buds for storage has the shell will probly protect the ambryo better and sow the one in the collection vyle before. Just in case.. Keep em in a dry area cool temps.. A well sealed container in a fridge.

My fingers were in pain after i selected all my seeds. Lol i'll show a pic once i get home
From left to right.

1st. Female f1 cross#2 much more vigourous. Little more the 50 left from the same cross as the seed for the breeding journal.

2nd cross female f1#1 similar to female little less vigourous but more peppery smell same male. I forgot the exact seed count

3nd... cross female F1#3 as vigourous as cross#2 but with a banana smell during curing still don't know how this came to be.

4th.. 18 of the f1 seeds (siblings) to grow and test.. Past sibling showed smell of chocolat, pine citrus, and pepper amongs few other terpenes.

5th is some auto bleuberry that was crossed with the males used in all 3 cross. But i'm more then likely not going to keep these has i don't feel like making crazy maths about the odds of stabilizing this mess..

I can only work one line at a time. (1 generation every 4 months top if done really fast) but better result will be obtain if i spend more time testing the ....

I'll be topping up soil to the cotyledon on my breeding selection thursday. And it will be developping time for the next month. I'll keep a good journal for this. Since the first 2 weeks is pretty much the boring part growth wise other then root formation not much happening

Attachments

• 15844036638063244536094244829938.jpg
    15844036638063244536094244829938.jpg
    709 KB · Views: 40
Hey shotta did you dry the plants like normal before removing the seeds or broke up the wet buds for collection
I harvested the plants and took the seeds out fresh. I also still have some hanging with more seed still. I’m blown away at how many seeds one branch can make!

I didn't get to harvest any pollen off my SSH male. It did get to propagate a new generation though. I think I mentioned the Cataract Kush had seeds. Now I have found what I hope is a seed in the Bag of Oranges. Pretty sure the pod with the hair sucked down inside is a seed.
While not planned I am hoping for a few seeds from each plant. I only need to save the ones from the best mothers.

So after I was on this thread a couple days ago I started questioning myself and if I didn’t let them go long enough. I was curious to see if I could germinate one of each. Dropped em in water on Monday night put in paper towel Tuesday afternoon and today I checked them and two had tap roots. Not even a week off of the plant. Super stoked.

So after I was on this thread a couple days ago I started questioning myself and if I didn’t let them go long enough. I was curious to see if I could germinate one of each. Dropped em in water on Monday night put in paper towel Tuesday afternoon and today I checked them and two had tap roots. Not even a week off of the plant. Super stoked.
That's great news! I'll be chopping my Ting today. 2 days shy of 5 weeks. She's done, past done. Lol. Pics to come later

On the conversation about when to take the seeds out of the buds. I am not sure it really matters to the seed. The fact that you have spent so much time getting them to the point where you are drying plants. A few more days will not hurt. I do know that plants with seeds take longer to dry.

I have pulled a seed or 2 off if the pods were split and I thought it would fall out. Other than that I dry the plant and clean the seeds out as I smoke the weed. That is on branches anyway. Full plants I do with a sifter then use the weed for butter or shatter

Here’s my first test cross. Pollinated feb 12th plants taken down March 14th. I mutilated a couple buds to get some seed and then I left some on the plant. I got about 40-50 seeds of each. So 31 days incubating on the plant and we have life. I’m happy with my results.
Seed on the left is GG4xZkittles x icy hot the other is icy hot x icy hot

Back
Top Bottom