Pollen Chuckers!

Harvested most of the Recon plant. Truly happy weed from early test on a broken branch. While this cross was a after thought. It could very well be special. A lot of similar traits in both strains. If the Trailer Trash Betty transferred its no ceiling to this strain it could be great. They both carry tons of crystal and produce well as a bush. The TTB needed flavor. The Recon has that in spades. The 2003 TTB has the best smell and flavor of all the seed batches. With a melon smelling pheno it should cross great into the Recon. This strain was bred in the days that strength and production were the main concerns. Flavor was a after thought. For years this was the strongest strain I had smoked.............................................................................................................................................................................
As much as I am looking forward to growing this I will probably get screwed LOL. It started forming seed pods early but who knows if there are seeds in there. Nothing splitting out yet. I have yet to see if pollenating 1 branch and letting it continue growing after harvesting non seeded branches will work. Only time will tell.

good evening, just scrolling through things of interest... I've recently collected pollen from a male haze2.0 auto and storing till further use. If I use the pollen on a photo female, I'll get reg auto seeds with a 50/50 of being reg photo when it grows out...

I'm not trying to re create anything, it was an off chance at collecting pollen and finding out the results from that attempt, but I'm waiting for a decent fem to show up...

Not sure how the Auto part transfers. Probably like any others with only a percentage being Auto. Breeding 2 Auto strains together may raise your ruderalis percentage to the point it doesn't produce much THC. A early problem with the early Auto strains. You have to let me know how things go.

Not sure how the Auto part transfers. Probably like any others with only a percentage being Auto. Breeding 2 Auto strains together may raise your ruderalis percentage to the point it doesn't produce much THC. A early problem with the early Auto strains. You have to let me know how things go.

Thankyou mr.J, will be doing some research see if I can turn anything up, I'll let you know how it goes....

LMAO. This was one of the threads I started back on the old nerve medication. Boy could I type back then. Still Chucking away. Just for laughs I will update here.

This is a reversed female of a strain called Purple Betty. There is another clone in the female tent so I can self this plant. It is not a purple one but it produces great buds and color don't get you high. This same plant will be crossed with a Afgooie and a Blueberry Headband. just for laughs. I also have a C-99 from Grimm that I hope there is pollen for. Its already starting to flower and flower fast so we will see. Mostly this is to increase my supply of female seeds. I know how good the Purple Betty is so its not a huge risk. I choose these strains just for their hybrid traits and I think they will blend well.
Here's a look at the tent a females

Not really. It is definitely cheaper. There is a lot more to than just making seeds. Plants can do that on their own really well.

Knowing what plants to use takes time. If you start breeding before you really understand what plants are going to do what. You could end up with a bunch of subpar seeds.

I am not saying it is not doable by the common grower. It just takes a few years to really understand plants enough to do it right. Nothing happens overnight.

Not really. It is definitely cheaper. There is a lot more to than just making seeds. Plants can do that on their own really well.

Knowing what plants to use takes time. If you start breeding before you really understand what plants are going to do what. You could end up with a bunch of subpar seeds.

I am not saying it is not doable by the common grower. It just takes a few years to really understand plants enough to do it right. Nothing happens overnight.
What's doing it right? Just asking. Or better Who is doing it right.

Make seeds,grow them seeds,smoke the nugs,report the effects..
If good keep,if not toss(or pass out as freebies like most breeders)

One of the first chucks I made hit second place indoor cup.
Fireballs(fire alien kush x cherry puff)

I am not saying people can't get lucky. I have and hope to again.

Doing it right has a lot to do with the choices you make. Any 1 pack of seeds is going to have multiple phenos. There will be everything from just ok to great. Smoking OK weed is one thing breeding it is a whole different thing. Male or female you need to make the right choices.

Way too much stuff to go over in just a few words. It comes over time. I had lots of grows and plenty of quality mentoring before I ever tried it. It took a lot of grows before I even knew what I wanted to breed and why.

Bottom line. People will disagree. Some swear you have to be a pro while others thing they can do it right away. It is all up to the grower and their own expectations.

Here's an interesting occurrence, anyone have any thoughts?

Same Dad different moms. Seeds were harvested, stored, and planted in the same manner at the same time. One set was 100% success the rest nothing. I also dropped another set at the same time, different moms and dads which 9/10 popped on.

Harder shells maybe? You may try scuffing a few and trying again.

My mentor had a feminized project. That produced great seeds. Ended up nothing was in them at all. They were just a shell. Don't know if that can happen in regular breeding or not. Might be time to crush a few seeds and see if you can figure it out that way. Best way may be to try and crack it and split the halves like a start would. It will show you if any part has dried.

G'mornin Jackalope, :passitleft: I think I may have succeeded in pollinating a few small nugs on this little girl. Mom and dad were both from some really good purple punch. I think these could be full pods.

Pic, hehehe.
20200509_101928.jpg

The one right in the center with the red hair is making a seed. Looks like a see a few more red hairs down were the lower pods are. You will be able to tell the pods that are going to make a seed. They will dry and suck right up to or in the seed pod.

Good job and good luck

This is fascinating. I've been thinking for a while about producing my own seeds but have no idea where to start.

I suppose you'd start with your setup. You would have to set your space up for it first.

Anyone able to point me to any decent threads on seed chucking?

Best,
~Magnus

There are a couple Pollen chucker threads. This was a old one. That project actually worked fairly well. The hybrid of Recon Og x Trailer Trash Betty worked pretty well. It ended up being called G.I. Jane. A friend grew it out and was real happy with it. I still have more seeds but haven't tried them yet.

There are a couple Pollen chucker threads. This was a old one. That project actually worked fairly well. The hybrid of Recon Og x Trailer Trash Betty worked pretty well. It ended up being called G.I. Jane. A friend grew it out and was real happy with it. I still have more seeds but haven't tried them yet.
Do you by any chance have links to the other pollen checker threads? I cant seem to locate them...

Do you by any chance have links to the other pollen checker threads? I cant seem to locate them...

Not sure the other one he is referring to, but this one is probably one of the ones he is:

quite a few pages of discussion from various folks and recent discussions

Back
Top Bottom