Pollen Presses, plastic 4 dowel vs metal 2 dowels?

Lusi

Hey folks,

I'm looking for a simple pollen press to replace the keif in a bag. I'm tired of ordering something I've never seen on the internet. things seldom turn out advertised. I plan on pressing a gram or two at a time and also want one I can heat up in hot water, with or without a baggie is no problem. I do have carpal tunnel and can't open jars without a rubber grip. At least I have plenty of rubber grippers about. :)

Here's what I'm thinking:
1) CAN these thermoplastic dowels be heated? Will the plastic dowels leaving toxins in the kief when heated? Hot water looks like the best way to heat. Even if something was waterproof, I'd still put it in the plastic bag. :))
2) I found a thread on someone stripping the "delrin" pins in a space case press. Darn it all if I know what that is! Is this the plastic dowels?
3) I'd like to have the option to do 1 gram or more at a time.
4) Under $25, the cheapest that will work for me.
5) How much torque down it take to screw these down? The $22 press has T handles...

Here's what I've narrowed it down to: (I don't have to get from these sellers. These have the best photos.)

1) Magnetic Super Pollen Press $22 5 thermoplastic dowels and T handles.
Magnetic Aluminum Pollen Press | Vape World
**this is the most expensive, but could be what I need for carpal tunnel... IF the thermoplastic can be heated. Doubt they'd make them if there was a problem!

pollen_press_T_handle.jpg

breakdown

T_handle_press_breakdown.jpg

2) Aerospace $12 4 thermoplastic dowels
NEW! CNC ALUMINUM POLLEN HERB PRESS SPACE CASE QUALITY! | eBay
** similar to the one above, but no T handles. How's this compare to screwing off a beer top or ketchup bottle? Space Case copy. Original SC is $29!

Pollen_Press_Space_Case_copy.jpg

3) Sharp Stone with 2 Aluminum Dowels $9
NEW SHARPSTONE POLLEN PRESS #1 AUTHENTIC HERB/GRINDER | eBay
** All metal is safe to heat, but only 2 dowels seems limiting

Sharpstone_pollen_press.jpg

TY!

Back
Top Bottom