Pollenating Mutiple Females

NormanTBates

Ok, so here is the question. I have ordered some feminized seeds and would really like to keep the strains around. I started some bagseeds to find a male plant for pollination. Can I flower the one male and save some pollen sacs to use later? I am going to pull the possible male from my flower room before the sacs open, so can I just pollinate some areas of the plant? Or will the female just be pollinated and produce seeds everywhere? Sorry, I have no experience with breeding so I need some help here.

You are on the right track. The only problem is your male will be of unknown strain that when cross bred with your female will create a strain completely different than the original ladies. Ideally you would want a male plant from the same strain to keep the genes intact. Grow the male and pull it from your veg area before the sacks open. You can save the pollen and apply it to specific buds you would like to have seeds from. Stored properly pollen will keep for a very long time.

Thanks, Screw thats what I needed to know. The strains to keep are all very indica dominant so I picked a male that has very strong Indica traits. It was good smoke so hopefully, it wont alter the genes in a bad way.

Back
Top Bottom