Pollinated?

Botanical Bondage

@Emilya

Don't these pistils look like yours did when you pollinated some tops?

4 week veg
Flipped 6-8 showed preflowers next day
Started flowering at all nodes in earnest like 2 days ago. No visible clusters yet but showing flower at all sites now. Some with big fat pistils
These are the only 4 pistils on the whole plant that are red. And far sooner than any have a right to be normally.

3 of the 4 were male but beautiful skunky so they were left to make pods. After some second guessing on how early is too early they were cut in half and the pods put in folded paper. They had been bagged off and on with ziplock to prevent flyers. When they were cut one looked like it may have been open and exposing the bananas.

These two flowers were rubbed with the male parts and now the next day look red and withdrawing. Like the immature pods actually impregnated them.

If they are. Will the whole girl abandon resin production and peak flowering development just for 2 seeds?

Think any of the other pods are viable or will the bonsai boys need put back in the flower room in 5 weeks?

Attachments

• 20200621_053705.jpg
    20200621_053705.jpg
    431.2 KB · Views: 38
  • 20200621_053507.jpg
    20200621_053507.jpg
    485.7 KB · Views: 39
yes, they do look pollinated already. There will be more than 2 seeds, there will be seed clusters in those areas. If you don't get more pollen, the rest of the sites should produce normal flowers.
Thanks for the input. I did open a couple more pods and rub some more flowers. But I didn't have any yellow powder at any point. I would be surprised if anything else is pollinated already, heck I'm surprised those two look that way.. they are at the bottom of pic on the middle branch with the green wire support.

Thanks again.

Attachments

• 20200620_025455.jpg
    20200620_025455.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 35
To further my answer, yes, when producing seeds, a certain portion of the plant's resources are allocated to its prime directive, producing those seeds. Yes, this will reduce the overall quality of the pot, especially in pollinated buds. You can still smoke them, and some people would not even be able to tell a difference, but it is there. Regarding the buds that are not pollinated, their quality will of course be higher, being sensimillia buds, but it may be noticed in the length of the high as compared to the deepness of the high... you just never know how it is going to express itself, and being so dynamic it is very hard for some people to note the difference. These buds would go in my 420 Magazine glass display jar, and the seeded bud, once cleaned, goes in my "smoke with my brother" jar. It all has a purpose.
:Rasta:

To further my answer, yes, when producing seeds, a certain portion of the plant's resources are allocated to its prime directive, producing those seeds. Yes, this will reduce the overall quality of the pot, especially in pollinated buds. You can still smoke them, and some people would not even be able to tell a difference, but it is there. Regarding the buds that are not pollinated, their quality will of course be higher, being sensimillia buds, but it may be noticed in the length of the high as compared to the deepness of the high... you just never know how it is going to express itself, and being so dynamic it is very hard for some people to note the difference. These buds would go in my 420 Magazine glass display jar, and the seeded bud, once cleaned, goes in my "smoke with my brother" jar. It all has a purpose.
:Rasta:
Thanks for the detailed response. I know you can smoke them. For years, everything we got had seeds. I have been lurking a while and have learned quite a bit from your journals. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom