Pollinating a vegging female / Two males pollinating

MysticMars88

Hello 420 members!

I've taken some time out of flowering to start breeding. I have a Pineapple female that I would love to pollinate. My male choices are a F2 hydrid Romulan and a Blue Dream hybrid. The Blue Dream Male seems more resistant to pest over the Romulan. I just have more experience with this Romulan since its the 3rd year Ive been able to grow from seed. Been lucky to get a few random seeds from the Female through the years of growing it outdoor.

I through my males outside once sex signs showed up. Males are now producing pollen. I set up a cheap green house to control the pollen from spreading to other outdoor gardens. I really want clone my Pineapple female then begin to flower it with the males. Ive been reading and seen pics of controlled pollination and every pic shows a female atleast 2-4 weeks into flower while breeding. I know i have the option to save pollen and freeze it, then kill my males.

Question 1
Can I pollinate a vegging Female?

Question 2
Has anyone used two different males in a breeding room??

I would love to hear from experienced breeders. Any input would help. My head is just spinning on this. I just want to make sure Im not jumping the gun. I want to make sure Im pollinating at the right time. Thank you fellow 420 members!!!!

:thanks:

If you are careful you can pollinate one cola with one male's pollen, Then put a bag over the cola to keep the pollen from blowing around. Then do the same on another cola with the other male's pollen.

If you are careful you can pollinate one cola with one male's pollen, Then put a bag over the cola to keep the pollen from blowing around. Then do the same on another cola with the other male's pollen.

agreed ... you can gather pollen on a q-tip, put the q-tip in the bag then ^ :cheesygrinsmiley: works great!

Hello 420 members!

I've taken some time out of flowering to start breeding. I have a Pineapple female that I would love to pollinate. My male choices are a F2 hydrid Romulan and a Blue Dream hybrid. The Blue Dream Male seems more resistant to pest over the Romulan. I just have more experience with this Romulan since its the 3rd year Ive been able to grow from seed. Been lucky to get a few random seeds from the Female through the years of growing it outdoor.

I through my males outside once sex signs showed up. Males are now producing pollen. I set up a cheap green house to control the pollen from spreading to other outdoor gardens. I really want clone my Pineapple female then begin to flower it with the males. Ive been reading and seen pics of controlled pollination and every pic shows a female atleast 2-4 weeks into flower while breeding. I know i have the option to save pollen and freeze it, then kill my males.

Question 1

Question 2

I would love to hear from experienced breeders. Any input would help. My head is just spinning on this. I just want to make sure Im not jumping the gun. I want to make sure Im pollinating at the right time. Thank you fellow 420 members!!!!

Hello 420 members!

Question 1

Question 2

I use equivalent to a bread sacs with different pollen in each placed over single each two to three weeks into flower depending on progress,if not that I hit the first two or three hairs that appear on a single branch at the beginning of flower, offspring most often are better than parents,from my experience that is

Care needs to be exercised when freezing pollen. Well maybe just the thawing out part. Any condensation formed within the pollen container will render it useless. Allowing it to properly dry before freezing is optimal and then freeze. Then removing and let sit in the fridge for a day before using.

Question 1
I think the caveat here would be, only if there are pistils available to catch the pollen, if the plants has no pistils then no pollination can result.

I grow outdoors and the vast majority of pistils don't emerge until the Summer Solstice has passed, but yet, I have noticed multiple times that well before Solstice (up to 7-8 weeks prior), that female plants do tend to throw out a tiny few early pistils and you won't see them unless you really look for them, in the same way you may find an early pollen ball on a male. Making your own seeds is great - good luck!

Hello 420 members!

Question 1

Question 2

I put the pollen from each male in separate long sac and carefully place it over a single branch 1 to 2 weeks into flower,that way you controle the process,I've done up to 4 different males on single mother,works well

I put the pollen from each male in separate long sac and carefully place it over a single branch 1 to 2 weeks into flower,that way you controle the process,I've done up to 4 different males on single mother,works well
Good info, but MysticMars88 hasn’t been heard from in over 9 years.

Back
Top Bottom