Polyploid Northern Lights auto

Pyr0

Hi everyone

I think this is my first proper post related to growing, I've been mostly lurking and learning up until now.

So back at the begining of February I popped some seeds as you do.
White Widow, Blueberry and Northern Lights auto and thought the NL auto should be ready by the end of April, it will tie me over until the WW and Blueberry are ready in early June.
It soon became obvious that this plant was a little bit different.

full

White Widow on the right and Northern Lights auto on the left and look, it's got 4 leaves where there should be 2

full

So I had heard about polyploid plants before, but this was a first for me.

full

WW at the front, Blueberry at the back right and NL at back left. The blueberry was germinated a week later.

full

Almost 4 weeks old and starting to look real weird, see how the main stem is getting thicker above each set of leaves and then split in two.

full

full

4 weeks growth. A lot of nodes have 3 or 4 leaves and also 3 or 4 new branch growths, doing the maths this is going to get busy real quick.
full

So I was unsure if I was even going to keep this or just cull it now, popped another NL seed but that just germed and died a couple of days later so I decided to keep this one out of interest.

As the weeks went on it became pretty obvious that this auto was in no way going to be ready in 75 days, so I just left it and focused on the White Widow and Blueberry, and I also had some Early Skunk to harvest.

Fast forward a couple of months....

full

Quite a lot of the leaves are strange, 4 or 6 nodes
full

you can almost make out the 7th leaf on the right.

oh and how about under the canopy, branches and more branches, it was very hard to get a clear shot, too many branches in the way, lol.

full

branches every-fucking-where

This was originally an indoor grow, in a small 24"x14"x28" kitchen cabinet under diy LED, but the intention was always to move it outdoors to make the most of our usually crappy summers and harvest before the weather turns bad and mold sets in. So it's been moved out to a plastic greenhouse, along with some Strawberries and other veg.

So here she is earlier this week. approx 120 days since popping above soil.

full

Lot's of buds, but very small.

full

Starting to frost up nicely, but I'm not sure how many days this has been flowering, but the little buds are starting to get a bit fatter.
There's some really strange top buds, I giess they are from where the main branch split back when a few weeks old. I'll try and get better pics.

full

full

full

and a night shot of the whole plant

full

So, looking at the trichs, I reckon there's around 2 weeks or more to go, but I'm still just a novice at all of this so we will wait and see, I want to get at least 15% amber.

Some parts of this plant are very bushy and dense, so I've been keeping an eye out for any bud rot, weather's been hot and humid, which is unusual as we normally get crap summers. I'll do some more defoil on it to help with ventilation.

Peace.

Poly's are always interesting. Part of the reason for the small buds is the fact that there are so many bud sites on all then branches. While outdoors you get plenty of light to build buds. The root ball has to feed everything. Small pots and lots of branches will give you smaller buds. They all smoke so in most case's it does not matter. I feel it is better to go with less branches, easier to control and the buds tend to be bigger.

Ill take a fresh pic of them tommorow now that they are like wk5 of flower.
Poly's are always interesting. Part of the reason for the small buds is the fact that there are so many bud sites on all then branches. While outdoors you get plenty of light to build buds. The root ball has to feed everything. Small pots and lots of branches will give you smaller buds. They all smoke so in most case's it does not matter. I feel it is better to go with less branches, easier to control and the buds tend to be bigger.
Oh yer I lost control lol regained it though. They aint small though that pic was a whiiiile ago. This is them about 4 days ago

Yeah they are crazy looking plants, some of the buds kind of look like co-joined twins.
Lol thats exactly what I thought and its actually accurate

Back
Top Bottom