Pookss's 2x4x6 High Brix Garden FT, Smurfzilla, Dark Plasma #9 & Cereal Milk

The seedling stage always feels slow. They really start growing fast when they have bigger pots.

They were just watered. Got them nice a good last night with just filtered water, came home and they looked like they doubled in size.

next watering will be the first drench! super excited.

Here they are as of right now. I see 2 smurfzilla that are super happy. The cereal milk also seems super pleased. The dark plasmas are VERY stout and bushy, they are all leaf, no stem so far. I'm assuming that will change come flip time.

image1.jpeg

The two smurfs that stand out are far left and far right.

Hey guys. Quick question that some advance users might be able to answer.

Some of my seedlings seem a little lacking in color and seem to be slightly sluggish. One even has its single blade true leaf that’s almost fully yellowed. My question is have I waited to long for a drench? Are they hungry? Seeds were planted 1/20 and have only gotten straight water after the initial planting of the seeds with a 1/2 strength transplant watering.

I’ll try and snag pictures later.

Hey Pooks. I know we talked about this a little, the wet dry cycle, if you planted on 1/20 and the soil was completely soaked then, you really should not need to give any water/drench for about 30 days, so more info like we're pots fully wet at planing and then how much water did you give them since and how many times? Sounds a little like wet feet. Temp and rh in the zone?

:passitleft:

Hey Pooks. I know we talked about this a little, the wet dry cycle, if you planted on 1/20 and the soil was completely soaked then, you really should not need to give any water/drench for about 30 days, so more info like we're pots fully wet at planing and then how much water did you give them since and how many times? Sounds a little like wet feet. Temp and rh in the zone?

I do remember the post. Soil wasn’t 100% saturated when they were planted.

Planted on 1/20 with cooked soil. Soil was cooked with 5 gallons of water. That cooked soil itself wasn’t really moist when seeds went in.

Dropped seeds in pots with semi moist cooked soil. Watered with about a gallon of water + 1/2 strength transplant to get them started.

They were lightly watered maybe once and heavily just a few days ago. They only got water when the pots felt as light as possible. Bone dry.

They been getting straight filtered water foliar sprays to help with humidity.

Edit: temps 70-80 rh 30-60. Been battling winter dryness since the start.

I agree with Ween. Most soils can feed seedlings for a good little while and they usually will be only stunted by temp, humidity, or overwatering.

I really doubt it’s over watering, and more so low humidity. Or maybe a little trifecta.

If they turn around by tomorrow morning and stay that way, than I’ll chalk it up to over watering.

No picture update!

Woke up today right before lights out and all the plants were bone dry and begging for some water. So they got their first drench today. 1oz Transplant drench + 1 TSP Tea! in a 5gallon bucket. Dunked each one, and fed water to the top and waited for all the bubbles to stop. These 10 girls drank almost the full 5 gallons! Drench was fun!

Question time

-They were drenched at 9am, lights are back on at 4pm. Should i go ahead and do my first destress foilar when lights turn on or wait until tomorrow after lights turn on?

Wow pookss, those little plants were dry already since watering them Friday night?
Thirsty little devils eh!

Why are you considering destress, tell us what you’re thinking?

I’m just following the chart that was provided. Calls for a drench one day than followed by destress. I might be mistaken but I can double check the instructions later today.

I knew that some of the droopiness was thirsty combined with low humidity.

I’m expecting them to wake up super happy.

I’m just following the chart that was provided. Calls for a drench one day than followed by destress. I might be mistaken but I can double check the instructions later today.

I knew that some of the droopiness was thirsty combined with low humidity.

I’m expecting them to wake up super happy.
Good answer Pookss, your following the instructions that came with your kit. I will encourage you to observe and note how each product affects your plants...usually takes a day or two before you start seeing subtle changes. All good info and knowledge to have for your future grows.

When to destress? Since you drenched and then lights went out, lights on will be a “new day” so you can spray IMO. Remember, a fine light spray on the undersides, you don’t want big droplets on the leaves.

Good answer Pookss, your following the instructions that came with your kit. I will encourage you to observe and note how each product affects your plants...usually takes a day or two before you start seeing subtle changes. All good info and knowledge to have for your future grows.

When to destress? Since you drenched and then lights went out, lights on will be a “new day” so you can spray IMO. Remember, a fine light spray on the undersides, you don’t want big droplets on the leaves.

Hahaha. Gotcha, ‘twas a test! Yup, I’m treating this as my very first grow for the most part. I figured lights off would make it a new day for the ladies.

They’ll get a half strength destress spray like suggested by ween. They were just thirsty/ low humidity. I’m sure they’ll enjoy it.

Thanks for the info you two!

Happy vday everyone! Hope your ladies in the garden are loved and the ladies in your homes are as well.

Pictures in coming tonight. Checked on them before running to work. They’ve bounce back but still seem a little droopy. Next winter I’ll have to figure out a better way to humidify my space. The healthiest plant so far is one of the dark plasmas. She was preying to the max this morning!

Picture update! (HAPPY V DAY LOVERS!!)
Yesterday morning was the first drench. lights off. Lights on. First foliar destress spray was done at 1/2 strength. fast forwad to right now this is what they are looking like. All my issues thus far are being chalked up to low humidity... fuck you indoor dry winters... If anyone has anything to point out or add please do so!

Lets start off with the whole gang together!

Dark Plasma #9

This is the happiest plant in the tent, and personal favorite. It is stacking low and hard. Insane growth.

Ughhhhhh... I ate an edible between taking these photos and posting this and have forgotten what plant this top and side view are from..... i'm super stoned. So, here are two plants from the tent haha. I want to say they are the happiest of the Smurzillas.... sounds right.

Smurfzilla

Really surprised by how well the Dark Plasmas are doing. Sad that most of the smurfzillas are struggling. Cereal milk is in there some where. Its decently happy. I just need more humidity : [ Anyways, Thanks for stoping by!

Edit: Ahhh, question! So as far as training goes, I normally do the basic few. A few toppings, some super cropping, lst, and a scrog. I've done some homework and understand how vital each leaf and branch is to achieving high brix numbers. What would you guys recommend in-terms of training for a 2x4x6? Have a good amount of head space.

Attachments

• IMG_0552.JPG
    IMG_0552.JPG
    614.6 KB · Views: 36
They grow up so fast! It seems like you planted them not to long ago.

Are you planning on keeping them all? If so, maybe less training but if you Will narrow down to 3 our 4, train add usual.

Haha it feels just like yesterday. At least the fun has begun!

Yup. I’m culling. I’ll run the one cereal milk. I’ll choose one dark plasma, aka the one I posted the side shot of. The smurfzilla will have makes, just hoping for one decent female.

3 plant total. Last grow I did two plants.

Would you recommend topping? If so when? Should I spray destress the day after?

Back
Top Bottom