Pookss's 2x4x6 High Brix Garden FT, Smurfzilla, Dark Plasma #9 & Cereal Milk

2-18-2019 Picture Update

Nothing crazy to report. Some are drinking faster than others. Really don't want to have to drench/spray back to back to back to back.... More than likely they will be getting a normal watering tomorrow. Do you guys drench plain water or just top/bottom feed? Still battling humidity, i'm just going to keep the light at what i'm assuming is 50-ish%

just a couple of group shots tonight. Some are happy. Some arent. Mostly the smurfzillas, theres maybe one or two happy ones in there. hope to good one of the happy ones turn female!

Pooks! Those girls look pretty decent. I think they're a little hungry. I went back to see what you fed at and see it was 1oz (30ml) in 5 gallons of water. You can up that If your so inclined and have enough transplant drench. Did you get the basic kit? If so would you be ok buying quart sized trans and growth?

Duggan has a good easy method which is 15ml of drench per gallon of water, no matter which drench or when, but he also feeds/waters down the top only. With dunking, were supposed to double drenches. So your girls drank all 5 gallons, I'd say next feed, you could do 2.5oz (75ml) of trans in that 5 gallons of water. @Duggan does not give any growth drench until in the big pots. Trans is good for roots which is what were after at this stage. Even though your dunking, still 2.5 oz because they're gonna drink it all.

@TheGreenYeti @Duggan @Graytail @DopyLemontree what did thou guys think?

Pooks! Those girls look pretty decent. I think they're a little hungry. I went back to see what you fed at and see it was 1oz (30ml) in 5 gallons of water. You can up that If your so inclined and have enough transplant drench. Did you get the basic kit? If so would you be ok buying quart sized trans and growth?

Duggan has a good easy method which is 15ml of drench per gallon of water, no matter which drench or when, but he also feeds/waters down the top only. With dunking, were supposed to double drenches. So your girls drank all 5 gallons, I'd say next feed, you could do 2.5oz (75ml) of trans in that 5 gallons of water. @Duggan does not give any growth drench until in the big pots. Trans is good for roots which is what were after at this stage. Even though your dunking, still 2.5 oz because they're gonna drink it all.

@TheGreenYeti @Duggan @Graytail @DopyLemontree what did thou guys think?

They look relatively healthy to me, just overall droopy. I thought they looked hungey but figured the lower end of the feeding would have been enough. I was planning on a plain watering followed the next light cycle with their first brix spray.

I will up the next trans drench to 75ml/5 gallon! I didnt know about the dunking/doubling up. They drank almost the full 5 gallons when i did their first drench. Im scared i might run out of transplant, I bought the basic kit. Hopefully they show sex in a week or so, i can save some ingredients by culling any males, picking my winners.

Thanks for always helping out ween!

You're welcome! I'm happy to help. Go ahead and brix now. You could probably get by doing 2 waters in a row but let's see what the others say. Brix away though.

:passitleft:

Right on brotha. I'm probably going to be watering tomorrow and i will follow with a brix spray. Excited.

To me the plants look slightly overwatered. I know you stated that you let them go completely dry, but when I see droop, and the leaves are puffy inbetween the veins (crinkle leaf) in my plants, it means I have not let them dry enough. For quite a while I had to leave a dry soil filled pot handy to compare my plants to see if they were dry. Prior to this When I thought they were dry, they actual could go another 2 days, before I would see wilt. That’s what you want, to water just before they wilt. We are trying to build roots now, not lush growth, that comes later. It’s counterintuitive, but this tech that Doc teaches really works. Complete wet dry cycles build a huge root system that will build huge buds. Next time you water, ask yourself are the plants starting to wilt? If no, give them 12 hours, then check again and repeat until you see wilt. Then feel the weight of that pot, and there is the dry threshold. It took me a bit to get it...I was a hydro guy for decades.

Also I recommed just following the instructions schedule this first time to the tee. It’s on Docs site. Alternate drenches with drinks (just water) inbetween. I do as Duggs does, 1 tablespoon (15ml) of Tp or GE (whatever you’re doing) per gal of water. And for the dunking the 1 gal pots, you double the amount per gal (2 tablespoons/ gal). Because you not using it all if you dunk, but end up dumping some. Some don’t dunk because of that, and still have great results.

Remember the terminology:

Drenches are water, tea, TP or Ge
Drinks are just pure water
Dunk is dunking the plant 3/4 under the drench or drink solution and simultaneously top pouring a solo cup of the same solution. If dry you will see percolating bubbles.

Yes you can dunk with a drink or drench.

Thanks Dopy! Pooks, listen to Dopy! I'm not great at diagnosing problems. Since you have limited supply, maybe top water for now so you don't have to double...? You should be able to get by with using 3 maybe 4 gallons...? But wait until completely dry. Do the pots feel like they're filled with feathers? I learned than one from Dopy! Go ahead and Brix right away, it does not need to follow a drink/drench, just not supposed to be on the same day. Wait 1 hour after lights on, 3oz of water with 3ml of Brix and lightly spray the bottoms of the leaves.

Thanks both of you for your input. The last time hey got wet was the drench a few days ago(can’t recall the date). I will let them go completely bone dry, could have sworn I let them go till wilted last time.

I’ve used the empty pot trick before! I’ll try it again. They more than likely will need plain water tonight or tomorrow night. Half of them seemed a bit heavier than others.

Thanks Dopy! Pooks, listen to Dopy! I'm not great at diagnosing problems. Since you have limited supply, maybe top water for now so you don't have to double...? You should be able to get by with using 3 maybe 4 gallons...? But wait until completely dry. Do the pots feel like they're filled with feathers? I learned than one from Dopy! Go ahead and Brix right away, it does not need to follow a drink/drench, just not supposed to be on the same day. Wait 1 hour after lights on, 3oz of water with 3ml of Brix and lightly spray the bottoms of the leaves.

Oh. I did not know brix could be sprayed whenever. I think I maybe just stick 100% to the schedule. Just for this first run.

Just checked on them as the lights came on. The once happiest and healthiest dark plasma seems to be eating itself. They all seem to be cannibalizing a bit. Was my drench really that weak that they're starving? Still wasnt planning on water most of them due to pot weight. Trying to snap photos now

edit: was my dunk really that weak?* correct way to ask that question.

What do your roots look like? Mine will start looking like that when they are ready to be up-potted. Even some strains, such as my Star Pupil, will do that when they are not root bound. You really do want your dunks to be on the strong side. I would not go a full on 15 ml per gallon with the dunks since they are in 1s but I would do 2 ounces or 60 ml of drench in the dunk water. You can also do between 5 and 10 ml of tea in that dunk water as well. Those are the amounts I use and my plants love it. Also I have found that being under LEDs, blurples in particular, causes my plants to demand more feed. I have never vegged under white LEDs, but when i go from my small cheap LEDs in early veg to my T5s I get a lot less of those brown spots on my leaves. People have mentioned that for some reason LEDs increase calcium demand and that could be a part of the issues.

To recap though, pull those girls out of the pots and show us those roots, if the roots are fine increase feeds. I would still work on environmental controls though like GT has mentioned.

Wondering why you can't pick up a cool mist humidifier pooks? Vpd is soo important for slowing transpiration and not overworking the plant metabolism and for thirty bucks you could control both humidity and offset heat as well bu using cold water/ice in the humidifier..works almost like a swamp cooler, meaning there's a limit to the cooling, but it keeps me in check, running around 82 degrees with at least 75 percent humidity throughout veg.

Wondering why you can't pick up a cool mist humidifier pooks? Vpd is soo important for slowing transpiration and not overworking the plant metabolism and for thirty bucks you could control both humidity and offset heat as well bu using cold water/ice in the humidifier..works almost like a swamp cooler, meaning there's a limit to the cooling, but it keeps me in check, running around 82 degrees with at least 75 percent humidity throughout veg.

Hey dredd. I understand the importance of staying within a resonable vpd. I just moved into a new apartment and with baseboard heating the apartment is extremely dry. I have a pretty decent humidifier already in the tent. The problem is that the entire space the tent is in, is too dry.

edit: i caved and bought a SECOND humidifier for the space. if i cant get to 60% humidity with the lights on with 2, ill skip growing in the winter in this house.

What do your roots look like? Mine will start looking like that when they are ready to be up-potted. Even some strains, such as my Star Pupil, will do that when they are not root bound. You really do want your dunks to be on the strong side. I would not go a full on 15 ml per gallon with the dunks since they are in 1s but I would do 2 ounces or 60 ml of drench in the dunk water. You can also do between 5 and 10 ml of tea in that dunk water as well. Those are the amounts I use and my plants love it. Also I have found that being under LEDs, blurples in particular, causes my plants to demand more feed. I have never vegged under white LEDs, but when i go from my small cheap LEDs in early veg to my T5s I get a lot less of those brown spots on my leaves. People have mentioned that for some reason LEDs increase calcium demand and that could be a part of the issues.

To recap though, pull those girls out of the pots and show us those roots, if the roots are fine increase feeds. I would still work on environmental controls though like GT has mentioned.

When I prepared the dunk, it didn’t state anywhere on the instructions to double up the dosage. It only states that it can be increased without worry. I went with the recommended minimum to try and make the transplant product stretch.

I’m now learning that I basically only fed them half. So my question is do I follow the schedule and let my plants continue to cannabilize or do I stray from the schedule and do another feeding? I truly don’t know because I haven’t used this method before that’s why I’m posting.

Here’s the pictures of the roots on the one dark plasma. Not rootbound in my eyes.

Back
Top Bottom