Pookss's 2x4x6 High Brix Garden FT, Smurfzilla, Dark Plasma #9 & Cereal Milk

pookss

SET-UP
Light - 240w Quantum Board from Kingbrite on alibaba
Medium - Doc Bud's High Brix Kit (1g Plastic pots to start -> 10g Fabric to finish)

This is my first time doing a High Brix grow, not my first grow. But treating it as such and following directions!

This is about 8 days from seed so far. Nothing crazy or fun happening yet, just straight water after first watering of transplant.

Pictured
-7 Smurfzilla REG by North Genetics (culling these down to 1-2)
-2 Dark Plasma #9 by Ocean Grown ( talked to the homie, seeds were produced by environmental stress, he said they should be fine with 0 light leaks.)
-1 Cereal Milk Bag seed ( Getting culled at the sight of a single banana )

Excited for a few weeks from now!

I'll shoot for weekly updates but life is crazier than all hell right now.

Attachments

• IMG_0483.JPG
    IMG_0483.JPG
    819.3 KB · Views: 223
Hey pookss just a heads up. Back awhile ago a few of us were having issues and the only thing that was same amongst the different people were fabric pots were being used. But at same time a few were using with great luck. Not sure while in my absents from forums if this issue had been figured out but figured I’d bring it up. I’ve since changed back to plastic pots and haven’t really had that issue again

Hey pookss just a heads up. Back awhile ago a few of us were having issues and the only thing that was same amongst the different people were fabric pots were being used. But at same time a few were using with great luck. Not sure while in my absents from forums if this issue had been figured out but figured I’d bring it up. I’ve since changed back to plastic pots and haven’t really had that issue again

I've seen that issue. I don't know how i feel about it. From what I can recall it comes from moving them around too much and damaging the roots. I hope its a non-issue. I used them last run with no complaints, but that wasn't with docs kit.

I've seen that issue. I don't know how i feel about it. From what I can recall it comes from moving them around too much and damaging the roots. I hope its a non-issue. I used them last run with no complaints, but that wasn't with docs kit.
Seen some people use fabric pots in milk crates to move plants not sure if 10 gal will fit tho.

Seen some people use fabric pots in milk crates to move plants not sure if 10 gal will fit tho.

doubt the 10 gallons will fit in a milk crate. Once they get transplanted I dont plan on moving them really, so im not too worried. Last run i did was 7G fabric pots non high brix and i moved those bitches around a lot with no trouble at all.

doubt the 10 gallons will fit in a milk crate. Once they get transplanted I dont plan on moving them really, so im not too worried. Last run i did was 7G fabric pots non high brix and i moved those bitches around a lot with no trouble at all.
I used to run the fabric pots exclusively and can't say I had any issues. I switched to plastic pots when all the issues were popping up and I don't really see a difference. I didn't pull them out of tents though, I'd just lift one edge to feel if they were ready to water. I've stuck with the plastic pots for now but I still have a bunch of new fabric pots ready to go.

I used to run the fabric pots exclusively and can't say I had any issues. I switched to plastic pots when all the issues were popping up and I don't really see a difference. I didn't pull them out of tents though, I'd just lift one edge to feel if they were ready to water. I've stuck with the plastic pots for now but I still have a bunch of new fabric pots ready to go.

Same here neiko. Ran fabric pots for awhile before issue happened( growing in non high brix Soil)and since changed to plastic and all good. When I ran fabric pots I never moved them much after planting as I couldn’t dunk them anymore in those pots. From what I remember it was possibly due to fact that roots on outside of pot were drying prematurely causing problems

Same here neiko. Ran fabric pots for awhile before issue happened( growing in non high brix Soil)and since changed to plastic and all good. When I ran fabric pots I never moved them much after planting as I couldn’t dunk them anymore in those pots. From what I remember it was possibly due to fact that roots on outside of pot were drying prematurely causing problems

Sounds about right. I litterally moved my whole grow( only a tent but still) at week eight of flower. No stress brought to the ladies and they were moved in fabric pots. If I see any issues this time around in the high brix soil I’ll switch to all plastic.

Back
Top Bottom