Poor grower 1st time: Please help if you can

Lee1774

420 Member
NEW GROWER ON LOW BUDGET!!

I AM ATTEMPTING TO GROWN REGULAR GRADE aka “shwag” “Mexican brick weed” I’ll upgrade to growing more expensive grade strains when I actually gain experience to be confident growing efficiently.

I have been growing this plant for 3 or 4 weeks. Now in veg state on a 16 x 8 light schedule. The bottom leaves are dying off.

2 days ago I topped off after 5th node and transferred from the plastic cup to a bigger vessel(ice cream container that I fortified with duct tape). I will then transfer to bigger FINAL pot from wal mart.

Watering: I water the plant once every 2 or 3 days(maybe I’m watering too much?)
A leaf or 2 started to curl.

Feeding: The tips are starting to brown. I have only fed this plant once or twice in small portion since it’s veg stage(Miracle gro tomato shake n feed).

Thank you for any help in advance guys.

Attachments

• 8DCD48EB-EB9B-42D3-9368-EC007B5F82A2.jpeg
    8DCD48EB-EB9B-42D3-9368-EC007B5F82A2.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 150
  • BC813121-6FCC-44DC-855C-317E482F20D7.jpeg
    BC813121-6FCC-44DC-855C-317E482F20D7.jpeg
    573.3 KB · Views: 155
  • EE1617D0-03C2-4BAE-A90D-F8C7707813BD.jpeg
    EE1617D0-03C2-4BAE-A90D-F8C7707813BD.jpeg
    701.5 KB · Views: 161
  • 75B1C0EA-E5F7-4A36-86BB-546734BAF695.jpeg
    75B1C0EA-E5F7-4A36-86BB-546734BAF695.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 154
  • 7B44C0C0-73E8-4D09-894D-5CB2E77E6D97.jpeg
    7B44C0C0-73E8-4D09-894D-5CB2E77E6D97.jpeg
    621.6 KB · Views: 152
  • 2ED27F0E-E09D-4D5D-BBA9-C1AB8C57A3D4.jpeg
    2ED27F0E-E09D-4D5D-BBA9-C1AB8C57A3D4.jpeg
    560.8 KB · Views: 137
You are going to need nutrients. Mega Crop is inexpensive with great results. Lots of help on this forum with it also. In my signature read how to properly water a plant. It will help. Let your plants go through a wet-dry cycle in veg before you water. Also learn by weight when to water your plants. Your pots are much heavier when you water then are lighter after they use the water. You likely read the plant correctly by uppotting.

Welcome Lee to 420 magazine.
Great start , girls are coming on up . Don’t know anything about Miracle-Gro, but it may be a hot soil and not need nutrients yet . Yes that one looks over watered .
Below on my post is a link for new members the helpful one

Looks fine to me. If you stress about every little spot you'll drive your self insane.

If it starts showing up on new growth (top of plant) you've got problems and if it starts covering whole leaves you've got a problem. It's not unusual to see weird stuff happen early in their life cycle.

Your best bet is to start a journal so others can help keep an eye on your grow as you go.

Don't over react, ask for help here first and wait for a couple answers. Too many new people rush into stuff and make it worse. Your plant won't die over night. If anything does start going wrong it will take days before the plant actually dies.

You are going to need nutrients. Mega Crop is inexpensive with great results. Lots of help on this forum with it also. In my signature read how to properly water a plant. It will help. Let your plants go through a wet-dry cycle in veg before you water. Also learn by weight when to water your plants. Your pots are much heavier when you water then are lighter after they use the water. You likely read the plant correctly by uppotting.

Thanks I was hoping to get by with using the miracle gro. But if I need a certain brand like MEGA , I will definitely purchase it ASAP. As far as letting the plants dry out, I WILL TAKE HEED. Don’t want to drown them!! Thanks bro

Looks fine to me. If you stress about every little spot you'll drive your self insane.

If it starts showing up on new growth (top of plant) you've got problems and if it starts covering whole leaves you've got a problem. It's not unusual to see weird stuff happen early in their life cycle.

Your best bet is to start a journal so others can help keep an eye on your grow as you go.

Don't over react, ask for help here first and wait for a couple answers. Too many new people rush into stuff and make it worse. Your plant won't die over night. If anything does start going wrong it will take days before the plant actually dies.

Thanks dude because I’m starting to freak out, I’m getting great advice from you guys already. I literally have 4 more seedlings sprouting. I’m using these cheap regular grade seed batches to LEARN and try out. #trialNerror

Thanks I was hoping to get by with using the miracle gro. But if I need a certain brand like MEGA , I will definitely purchase it ASAP. As far as letting the plants dry out, I WILL TAKE HEED. Don’t want to drown them!! Thanks bro
MegaCrop is a new nutrient we are all trying, i have one successful grow so far . Here is the link if want to check it out !

Thanks dude because I’m starting to freak out, I’m getting great advice from you guys already. I literally have 4 more seedlings sprouting. I’m using these cheap regular grade seed batches to LEARN and try out. #trialNerror

It's the best way to start as far as I'm concerned. Go into it with reasonable expectations and a thirst for knowledge and you won't be disappointed.

I tried to find out what's in your shake n feed. The npk looks good, it's got some kelp and beneficial organisms so it may not be all that bad.

Folks are still trying to get a handle on the mega crop stuff, I see lots of questions about it anyways, and no one's run it enough to answer them with an surety.

It's cheap though, and I've heard you can get a free sample from the company if you email them. If you've got more seedlings coming up get the free pack and run em side by side. See what you like after a grow cycle.

Personally I run Dyna-Gro foliage pro, simple and I love it. I just pulled 2g/watt with it so it's obviously not junk. Haha

Welcome @Lee1774 ! I started growing handout hermie seeds on a shoe string under cfls, love the budget grows! I'd just say that if you treat your plant nice, take care of it properly, miracle grow will work just fine. Maybe not as good as other nutrients specifically geared towards our crop but it works. I seen it with my old red eyes.

Your plants look very happy! I agree learning how to not sweat the small stuff goes MILES in weed growing. Typically when you see something funny you are actually seeing the results of something that happened previously anyway, unless its bugs or wilting from zero water. Watch the tops for good healthy growth and thats a good indicator that it's not as serious as you think. CHeers mate, good luck to your grow! :yahoo:

NEW GROWER ON LOW BUDGET!!

I AM ATTEMPTING TO GROWN REGULAR GRADE aka “shwag” “Mexican brick weed” I’ll upgrade to growing more expensive grade strains when I actually gain experience to be confident growing efficiently.

I have been growing this plant for 3 or 4 weeks. Now in veg state on a 16 x 8 light schedule. The bottom leaves are dying off.

2 days ago I topped off after 5th node and transferred from the plastic cup to a bigger vessel(ice cream container that I fortified with duct tape). I will then transfer to bigger FINAL pot from wal mart.

Watering: I water the plant once every 2 or 3 days(maybe I’m watering too much?)
A leaf or 2 started to curl.

Feeding: The tips are starting to brown. I have only fed this plant once or twice in small portion since it’s veg stage(Miracle gro tomato shake n feed).

Thank you for any help in advance guys.
Lookin good. It's really not as complicated as it seems. You'll get the hang of it! DON'T GIVE UP!

Back
Top Bottom