Popcorn Buds

Ganja Goose

Hello 420,

I've reached week 7f of my Chemo strain grow and I'm just thankful that she is alive!! Having overfed, under lit, and a variety of other rookie mistakes along the way, she still produced some flowers for me (even bandaged her up with duck tape!!). I went through the lollipop process around the 3rd week of flower and I haven't touched her since.

Despite the lollipop, she continued to produce popcorn buds down low. My understanding is I could let these grow after the initial harvest and they will possibly continue to mature into a higher quality bud. I might try this.

I do frequently see pictures of plants at all later stages of flower, and they seem to have been picked clean of all popcorn. How do you continue to have a clean lower canopy, if you aren't suppose to do any pinching or cutting after the 3rd week of flower? Maybe the 3rd week is just a guideline?

Any information out there would be appreciated.

GG

Attachments

• chemo bud oct 9 2020.jpg
    chemo bud oct 9 2020.jpg
    241 KB · Views: 50
  • chemo popcorn bud oct 9 2020.jpg
    chemo popcorn bud oct 9 2020.jpg
    235.8 KB · Views: 58
They lollipopped bottom 1/3 to send energy up top and to eliminate the popcorn. You can always cut leaves or budsites at any point in time but that doesn’t necessarily mean it helps. Yes you can do staggered harvest by taking the top buds or colas and let the lowers continue growing. If it’s a photoperiod the plant can even be revegged for a second harvest

that’s my 2 cents but see what else comes in

Those plants look sparse enough that I'm not sure the light is being blocked from reaching their lower areas. If not, might as well leave them intact and try to train the plants in such a way that everything is closer to being on one level so that you can get your light source as close as possible to all of it. IMHO.

On the other hand, if you've got a relatively large/thick canopy, then the top of the plant receives almost all of the light and, therefore, the bottom portion of the plant is not useful (and growth in that area should be removed).

Back
Top Bottom