Possible Cal deficiency

Hi all! I have possible Cal deficiency (possibly by over watering?). Can anyone confirm this? Pic is in Member Galleries tagged Grow Problem under my username. Any help is greatly appreciated.

That's a deficiency of a sort, although you're not giving a whole lot of information on your grow.
Is it caused by overwatering? Nope.
What's it caused by? Who knows, you didn't give enough details.

1487122600656-1233737723.jpg

I'll add grow info when I get to my desktop and clean my post up so this isn't so scattered. Thanks for your patience, I'm somewhat new to this forum thing :)

Ok. Here is what I've got. Indoor grow, 4'x3' area, VIPARSPECTRA Reflector-Series 300W LED Grow Light, Microbe Life Hydroponics all-in-one nutes (can use in soil grow), 2 gal. plastic bucket with Jiffy Natural & Organic soil, temp: ~70*F during dark and ~72*F during light, humidity between 40% and 60%.

Fanning leaf damage started on bottom around week 4 veg and continued through what is now week 5 of flower (for a total of 6 weeks). Damage started at lower fan leaf and worked its way up one leaf at a time but has not affected anything except fanning leaves. I checked for spider mites and have found no evidence supporting their existence (close examination of leaves including upper leaves that have no signs of damage yet and there is no webbing).
1487122600656-1233737723.jpg

I have not used cal-mag. I need to get some, though. I'm not doing any corrections at this point as my yield is low and this was a practice plant. But the next grow will be better as I know what to look for :)

I thought the same thing about spider mites. From top to bottom, the spots, otherwise healthy (a little over watered)... all pointed toward mites. But, using a non grow light and a loop i checked the leaves from top to bottom for spider mites and found nothing. I will definitely be using sterilized soil on future grows.

Okay, we've ruled out mites, but just for reference if it were mites the dots would be whiter and with that many dots the mites would be very noticeable.

My best guess (and that's all it is) is some combination of micro-nutrient deficiency. Since you're already using organic soil mix I would top dress with worm castings and maybe make some worm casting tea. That will restore trace elements without risk of pushing other nutes out of balance.

I like your attitude of treating this as practice grow. Every grower here is still learning with each grow.

Back
Top Bottom