Possible Herm found

phiGweed

Greetings!
So out of 5 plants, this plant was the last to show its sex. I finally saw hairs this morning!! Was super excited considering 4/5 seeds were “regular”. Once I found hairs, I decided to look through it even more to see if I could find ANYMORE! Well, I came across something alright. I’m pretty sure this indicates I have a “hermy”. Wanted to see what you all say before I tossed it out the window! (Not literally)

4D63F6A8-18B3-463A-92D0-71AEF71B3E0D.png
159B8C1E-DB29-49A7-B21E-7E7B4FA0DFE9.png
68179530-F1A9-40B0-AE62-738EF3A78475.png

Greetings!
So out of 5 plants, this plant was the last to show its sex. I finally saw hairs this morning!! Was super excited considering 4/5 seeds were “regular”. Once I found hairs, I decided to look through it even more to see if I could find ANYMORE! Well, I came across something alright. I’m pretty sure this indicates I have a “hermy”. Wanted to see what you all say before I tossed it out the window! (Not literally)

4D63F6A8-18B3-463A-92D0-71AEF71B3E0D.png
159B8C1E-DB29-49A7-B21E-7E7B4FA0DFE9.png
68179530-F1A9-40B0-AE62-738EF3A78475.png
That girl has balls for sure sorry.

Personally , I would isolate it if you can and wait one or two more days..I,m not convinced, look like prebuds right now
I was thinking that for the first 3 seconds but went completely back to paranoia. Unfortunately, I only have 1 tent and am not able to separate it.

I feel you .. it will still behave for another 24 ( I think ) if indeed it is a hermie... I’m not convinced ...
I just had a male drop his balls... my denial carried on exactly 48 hours and I still got him out In time.. by the second 24 hours of denial there was no mistaking it.. they will drop quick..
Your garden , your rules !
good luck!

I was thinking that for the first 3 seconds but went completely back to paranoia. Unfortunately, I only have 1 tent and am not able to separate it.
If you dont want to risk any pollen , the light from your window is sufficient for 24-48 until you make up your mind , but , it will slow it down so you may have to wait longer and don’t forget to provide 100% darkness for 12 ... or you could force it to hermie it to be sure .
environment
Light schedule
Genetics
Stress
Nutes
Interference from humans
Are causes for hermie ..generally
You have 4 healthy plants - rare for just one in the same bean sack to hermie ?
Have a great day !!

I feel you .. it will still behave for another 24 ( I think ) if indeed it is a hermie... I’m not convinced ...
I just had a male drop his balls... my denial carried on exactly 48 hours and I still got him out In time.. by the second 24 hours of denial there was no mistaking it.. they will drop quick..
Your garden , your rules !
good luck!
Yeah, I think I’m going to leave it in a little longer. I took it out to investigate closer and saw nothing but tiny hairs. I’ll be stalking her in the meantime!

If you dont want to risk any pollen , the light from your window is sufficient for 24-48 until you make up your mind , but , it will slow it down so you may have to wait longer and don’t forget to provide 100% darkness for 12 ... or you could force it to hermie it to be sure .
environment
Light schedule
Genetics
Stress
Nutes
Interference from humans
Are causes for hermie ..generally
You have 4 healthy plants - rare for just one in the same bean sack to hermie ?
Have a great day !!
Right! After the 3rd started to show hairs, I figured they all would! I looked closer and haven’t been able to officially say whether or not they are sacs because hairs are coming out of some. I’ll be monitoring it now for sure

52 days old from seed -
in week 2 of flower
Pick them off and clean up the inside down low along the main stem so you can see any more in case some more show up. Not likely after you pick them off.

The plants require more water in flower so increase your watering. They think there's a drought coming when the soil constantly dries out they will herm. Thats a normal response. Dont let the soil dry out. This is prolly the 2nd most common reason the other is genetics.

What strain are you running that has this??

It's not the end of the world - just be vigilant and pick them off she will stop doing it. They only do this early in flower 95% of the time. Late in flower its usually nanners up high from heat stress. I just chop when I see that.

Pick them off and clean up the inside down low along the main stem so you can see any more in case some more show up. Not likely after you pick them off.

The plants require more water in flower so increase your watering. They think there's a drought coming when the soil constantly dries out they will herm. Thats a normal response. Dont let the soil dry out. This is prolly the 2nd most common reason the other is genetics.

What strain are you running that has this??

It's not the end of the world - just be vigilant and pick them off she will stop doing it. They only do this early in flower 95% of the time. Late in flower its usually nanners up high from heat stress. I just chop when I see that.
The seeds I used were found in my weed I got from a dispensary. Wifi OG. I definitely will start to give them more water! I’be started to see how parched they can make them selves appear lol

I've ran wifi and several variants weed made with it.

Will be good weed and not really known for hermie so yeah stay on the watering and dont let the soil get dry.

The fact that you found seeds in the bag tho points to hermie! A few seeds not the end of the world. How I get my seed stash.

Problem is when you have hundreds of seeds on one plant.

Hey, I just wanted to give an update on this post! I left the plant in the tent for a few days to see what would happen and I’m happy to say that SHE is fully female. No sacs at all. I’m still monitoring them all but I’m happy to get 5/5 females!

Hey, I just wanted to give an update on this post! I left the plant in the tent for a few days to see what would happen and I’m happy to say that SHE is fully female. No sacs at all. I’m still monitoring them all but I’m happy to get 5/5 females!
There was never a doubt ;) Haha
Congrats ! :green_heart::goodjob:

Back
Top Bottom