Possible Mg deficiency?

alixbd

Hi guys. First-time grower here (All jump with delight!). Here's my setup:

Seed: White Widow from Nirvana
Medium: Peat Moss (it actually works pretty well!)
Light: Phototron (something like 360 total watts. Vertical lights)
Nutes: Phototron nutes. Will definitely use something else next time. Currently in flower, so using 6-12-6.
Stage: 5 weeks into flower
Watering: Water when top level is dry. Turns out to be once every 3 days or so. Alternate RO water with nute mixture according to phototron instructions.
pH: Using kind of a ghetto meter, but has been around 6.5 - 6.8 every time I've checked. Currently is so.
Pests: None apparent. Other than discoloration, leaves look healthy
Temperature: No outside cooling, so night gets to around 70, day up around 80.

Alright, so pics are attached. I thought it was an Mg deficiency due to the purpling of the stems, the locations of the sick leaves, and the discoloration pattern, so I got some epsom salt and have been foliar feeding for 2 days, but it doesn't seem to be helping. Other idea was Zn, but that apparently is pretty rare, and the young leaves are not affected. Any ideas?

Thanks!

photo_2_1_15.JPG

photo_1_1_15.JPG

I have to thank Coke420 for slapping me upside the head with this same diagram. Thanks man! Let me throw another one in the mix that worked for me as well.

I am a newbie but going through the same sh*t. Check your runoff PH and soil PH. Peat moss leaches bigtime and from what I understand now you have to counter it with lime.

Nutrient_and_Deficiency_Table.jpg

Thanks much guys.. I'd checked a couple of those diagrams before, but there's some new ones too. I still think it's an Mg deficiency. Trying the flush then 1/4 strength nutes thing. We'll see how it goes.

Thanks much guys.. I'd checked a couple of those diagrams before, but there's some new ones too. I still think it's an Mg deficiency. Trying the flush then 1/4 strength nutes thing. We'll see how it goes.

Do some research on the peat moss. It drops PH down bigtime.

So I read.... But it all came with the phototron kit... The nutes provided must make up for it, because my ph has been pretty steady, if not a bit high the whole grow. However, next time I will def be going to soil.

Back
Top Bottom