Possible mold?

GMT1975A

I have replanted some plants given to us in pro mix-85% spaghnum moss. We feed with nutrient mix almost everyday(1-2 cups) and our mix is 1/2 of normal mix. I have noticed a white residue forming on the surface of the soil, but not where the nutrients are added. Is this mold forming?, is it serious?, and what should I do to alleviate this problem?

Ms.Fox... No, it is more like a light mist. I have seen mold and it doesn't appear the same. After talking it over with my G/F, we think it could possibly be residue from an organic insecticide we sprayed on each plant before introducing them into the grow room. Just not sure, hoping that is the case. I will continue to monitor it to make sure it isn't spreading. I will take photos and post later. Thank you for your prompt response.

You need some more air movement, and also need to not over water.. You need to let the soil dry out a bit. You are probably getting mold because your soil is always moist. Get rid of the top layer and replace it.. If the plant is bushy then you can trim the bottom area ( just a level or two up from soil) to allow more airflow to the soil and the bottom of the plant..

Be IRIE, thank you for the information. We will certainly replace the top layer of grow mix and reduce the watering cycle to every other day. I will replace the small fan with a ceiling mount unit I currently have installed in the flowering space, as it is currently not in use. We took great pains to wipe down the entire grow room with water/bleach to ensure a clean enviroment. Once again, thank you very much.

Back
Top Bottom