Possible nitrogen toxicity?

Update:

Checked them again for the first time since Friday as they were in the flush. Since that I have drained the ph water back out of the tank and refilled with the 'light' nute feeding cycle from canna and half dose recommended calmag (0.5ml/L). My Ph has been 5.7 since then. Everything looks like it's coming back to again. Especially the middle left plant that was looking wilted and under watered.

This was the plant with the calmag def. Since then I made the rash decision to drop 1ml of calmag into its own feeding pot which when I checked it again a few hours later I massively regretted. It had wilted over and looked like it was suffering both N toxicity and overwatering. However on checking it again with the lights on, it looks to be all gravy . got pretty lucky, hopefully the signs of the mg def. clear up soon too.

Left - Friday. Right - Saturday.

ef06db128a5659e5e6420b4a3b879388.jpg

The one on the middle left was the one that looked like it was under watered. It has made the most significant recovery.

06eb481ccecb12e97b53aaa1a4b344ae.jpg

And these lot just for general reference. The one closest to the camera was fairly clawed up, but seems to be springing back nicely now. Biggest lesson is to be patient when waiting for results. Trust in the flush, make your adjustments to the feeding cycle (in this case half strength calmag), and just await your results. I will keep an eye on these over the next few days just to make sure and will check in again.

a3283e0c39b71d9e6f04e1210b0d872d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

How long is it before these should be showing signs of recovery from the calmag and nitrogen issues? There's one plant particularly affected by N (though they all are I suppose), and one particularly affected by the calmag issues. I made the ec of my water up to 0.4 with the calmag, then up to 1.6 total with nutes, following the light feeding schedule for canna coco. Been a couple of days now and still seeing signs of deficiencies and toxicity.
59cde6aa305b3327ffb6f5a0f9b77c8e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Epsom salts is magnesium sulfate and when added it boost mag without the extra nitrogen it is not high in calcium but a lot of times it is just the mag needed but unsulphured molasses adds calcium with no nitrogen. But the molasses is for soil im sure of but maybe someone else can tell whether it can be used for coco

anything that occurs in nature cannot be unnatural!

Back
Top Bottom