Possible root rot?

mcviti

Hi

I have started my first dwc grow and seem to be having problem after problem? I need some advice and your views please. So here is my situation......

Im running a 75ltr bucket with 6 air stones 2 plants,1 x 600 watt kind led light andusing vitalink schedule and products.
My temps are 28 c in tent humidity 45. Water temp varies from 18 to 20 c but have reached 22 once or twice for couple of hours max.
My ph is at 5.8 and E.c at 1.0.( ppm 770) Plant have been in dwc for 2 weeks now so keep e.c at 1.0 until it asks for more nutes. I clean also clean out tank every 7 days and refill fresh everything.

Currently im in week 3 and seem to be panicibg about root rot. I would like your views as ive attached pics of the roots and see if anyone has advice on if they look well or should i get some h2o2?

One plant is completly out weighing the one in growth and the other has hardly grow?

Leaves are a nice green colour and roots smell like fresh potatos if i squeeze them.

Please responed with your views.
Cheers

20150817_183119.jpg
20150817_182904.jpg
20150817_182942.jpg

Thanks pete2 pics above

The first pic and third pic don't look to bad. The second pic looks pretty bad. Not sure what is available where you are at, But I used something called " hydroguard " and it took care of the root rot. Mine looked lick pic 1 & 3. #2 should be ok [ no guarantees ] . U can also post on this site and ask for suggestions about what to treat it with. Hope this helps. Good Luck

Allways need some form of prevention in dwc
ie. beneficial bacteria or sterile is your choice
i have a photo in my gallery of my roots in last dwc run i was using h2o2 and a chiller i think in your case bennies might be a better option because u have one tank not a recirculating setup and your temps are close

Hi.

Thanks for the responses. In pic 1 its a different plant but 2 and 3 are the same expect one has the flash on.

I have been to my local hydro shop today askibg the same question and same pics. His response was very similar to yours but recommended hydro essintals h202 12%. He said put 7.5 ml per 10 ltrs.

Before i do what do you guys think? I have hot here but think i should only add a small amount and see how it goes?

Hydroguard and z7 water treatment is what I use. I gave up using H2o2. That just kills everything and then the bad stuff comes back faster then the good so you have to keep using it over and over.

With Hydroguard and z7 you just add when you change your water and they keep everything spotlessly clean.

With them there is no need for H2o2 or tea's. There is also no need for bleach to clean anything.

I also put them with tap water in my mist cloner to keep everything clean in there.

I use them with GH 3part in my DWC's

Hi.

Thanks for the responses. In pic 1 its a different plant but 2 and 3 are the same expect one has the flash on.

I have been to my local hydro shop today askibg the same question and same pics. His response was very similar to yours but recommended hydro essintals h202 12%. He said put 7.5 ml per 10 ltrs.

Before i do what do you guys think? I have hot here but think i should only add a small amount and see how it goes?

Hi.

I would go with what was recommended to me, or at lease what the container says. I'm sure it is root rot and pic #2 needs some serious help quick. Just my opinon. Good Luck

Thanks again.

I will look more into bennies but really want to get a good crop and understanding of dwc. Just to say i done it and done it well.

I have now put 40ml of h202 in my tank so will keep you updated with pics. I hope this solves it but i still see no improvement will try the hydoguard.

Thanks for all the responses

:thumb:
DWC is probably the 'best' of all growing methods in many ways- but the root rot issue can be a real killer. I really reccomend reading that thread from the Cap'n I linked to. You won't regret it. Best of luck!

Thanks again.

I will look more into bennies but really want to get a good crop and understanding of dwc. Just to say i done it and done it well.

I have now put 40ml of h202 in my tank so will keep you updated with pics. I hope this solves it but i still see no improvement will try the hydoguard.

Thanks again.

I think you'll see an improvement with in a couple of days. Make sure to add h2o2 every three days. It stops working after that unless you add more.

I think you'll see an improvement with in a couple of days. Make sure to add h2o2 every three days. It stops working after that unless you add more.

So every 3 days h202 needs another dose per ltr or just a top up and complete dose when i clesn whole system on the 7th day. Just to clarfiy.

Back
Top Bottom