Possibly Amusing Story #2

RangerDanger

I posted this at another site a year or so ago; here it is if you didn't see it.

It's 1969. Me and 4 friends--Dennis, Bruce, Fred and Daryll--are at a Love-In at Griffith Park.
There were free concerts in the park by whatever bands were in town that particular weekend. We watched one band and when they finished their set we took a walk, knowing it'd be like 20 minutes before the next band came on.
So we're walking around this large urban park, bemoaning the fact that we had no weed.
It was dry dry dry like it always is in late Aug. We had all tried to score for days with no luck at all.
So we're walking along a path in a wooded area and we see a log perfect for sitting and we deciede to go on over, sit for a few then head back to the band area.
Daryll veers off to pee behind some bushes and as the rest of us get to the log, guess what we see?
3 fat ones, lined up on the log, with 3 wooden matches!
3 joints just sitting there, I kid you not.
We deciede to play a joke on Daryll.
I was wearing one of those wide brimmed leather hats popular back in those days and I put the 3 joints on top of my hat.
Daryll comes over and sits down. I'm standing and Fred says "God I wish we had some weed!"
I say "Lemme try this" and in a solemn voice I say something like "Oh great god of ganja please bless us with some of your wonderful bounty."
I put my hands out, palms up beseechingly and bow my head--and 3 joints fall into my hands, as if from heaven.
Daryll actually fell off the log.
We fire them puppies up and get all high and stuff, then walk back. And just as we approached the bandstand The Youngbloods break into "Get Together".
Great afternoon.

I have no idea who left those joints there or why (maybe it actually WAS the great god of ganja), but since then I have on several occasions left joints and wooden matches in parks (as have most of my friends who were there that day) and other locales like phone booths, etc., keeping the circle going.

damn man..i think i may start leaving soem j's laying around in hopes to get a trend going...even though i gurantee the greedy bastards around here would just take it and not think about donig the same for someone else

great story, "pay it forward"....

ANOTHER GREAT STORY! I WOULD ALSO LEAVE SOME FOR OTHERS, THE PROBLEM IS THAT MY JOINT ROLLING SKILLS ARE NONE EXISTANT.

IN THEORY, WOULD SETTING A BAG SO SOMEONE FINDS IT WORK?? :cheesygrinsmiley:
IT'S HAPPENED TO ME, WAS WORKING AT POPPA JOHNS DELIVERING PIZZA IT WAS LATE BUT A GUY THAT WORKS WITH US CAME IN WITH SOME FRIENDS. AS I WAS WALKING OUT, IN FRONT OF ME ON THE GROUND IS A BAG, I LOOK AROUND. NO ONE NOTICES ME CASUALLY PICK IT UP SO I WALK OUT. ANOTHER GUY WAS GONNA SELL ME SOME BUT I TOLD HIM I DID'NT NEED IT ANYMORE. (HE WAS BAFFLED CUZ 10 MINUTES AGO I WAS HITTIN HIM UP.) SO I OPENED THE BAG FOR THE FIRST TIME AND WAS BLOWN AWAY.
INSIDE THIS BAG WAS ALMOST A FULL EIGHTH OF THE SMELLIEST MOST SKUNKIEST HUGE BUDS I HAD SEEN SINCE LEAVING CALIFORNIA.:headbanger: I ENDED UP GIVING THE KID A BUD TOO. I WENT HOME AND SMOKED UP ALL MY FRIENDS.

Back
Top Bottom