Possibly Amusing Story

RangerDanger

It was 1967 (the Summer Of Love) and me and a friend took the bus to downtown L.A. with a coupla joints and some bread crusts for the ducks.
We went to MacArthur Park. There's a small lake there and we rented an electric boat to smoke out in the only safe place we could think of (back then smoking pot was a xserious crime), the middle of the lake.
So we motor out to the middle and fire one up.
We weren't paying attention and the boat had drifted close to shore where we were spotted (and smelled) by a cop walking his beat in the park.
"Hey" he yells. We wave and say "Hey" back and motored back out to the middle to continue our smoke session.

The cop calls a friend and they sprint to the boat house and get in a boat and set out after us.
Now these boats had a top speed of like 5 MPH. It was a snap to keep away from the cops. They followed us around the lake for about 10 minutes, us puffing furiously the entire time, getting rid of the evidence. They ordered us to stop and we did--I knew they couldn't get from they're tiny little boat into ours (the boats were big enough for 2 people).
We knew the cops wouldn't get in the water (the lake is only like 3'--4' deep) cause they didn't want to get their bullets wet. So there was nothing they could do. They talked about it for a few minutes while we continued to blaze our weed.
About the time a couple of other cops show up in another boat we had smoked the joints down to tiny roaches. They ordred us to return to the boathouse and we did, taking the long way around, followed by 2 boats and 4 cops. Just before we got there we tossed the 2 roaches into the water where they were immediently gobbled up by ducks.
Completely clean but with a beautiful buzz we dock and get out. There were 2 more cops there waiting for us.
We got throughly searched and they threatened to arrest us, but a sergeant showed up and he asked the cops "did you order them to stop?"
The cops said yeah and the sergeant asks if we did stop and they admitted we had.
Anyway they decieded that they couldn't arrest us for anything though we were obvious stoned (my friend had blue eyes and his eyes looked like the American flag, red,white and blue).
One cop said we were probably anti-war commies (back in '67 anyone who had long hair was labeled a communist) and I said "look at Bruce's eyes--they're the color of the American flag!"
Bruce says "Yeah, we're very patriotic. We're so patriotic we'll go a a ball game and stand up for the entire game."
So they let us go and as they leave one cop looks us up and down. We looked like Cheech and Chong--long hair, beards, love beads, etc.
He says "Man you know this place is going down hill when their type move in" but he had kinda a smile on his face.
We hung out at the park a bit longer, feeding the ducks bread crusts and then took the bus home.

you have the coolest fucking stories RangerDanger i love it :allgood:

About 4 or 5 months after that incident I got busted for GIVING a jr. narc a handfull of weed (about 1/4 oz.). The cops gave me the option: turn in 3 of your pot smoking friends and join the army and we'll drop the charges (a common offer back then). That's how I got busted; the jr. narc had got busted and the spineless weasel rolled over on 3 of his friends.
I refused and got convicted & sentenced to 9 months in prison and 5 years probation.

And the weed we were getting back then was the legendary Acapulco Gold, very potent and still one of my all-time top 3 strains.
There was both killer bud, schwag and everything in between back then, just like nowadays.

I love a good ending and the 'low speed' boat chase was funny as hell, we used to get high in the boats out at Playland in Rye, N.Y. in the 60s/70s, never got caught and we usually went out 'boating' twice if we spent all day at the park....... thats some funny story tho RD.....:cheesygrinsmiley:

that was a great story!! very amusing, told like a story i could actually picture myself about to face those policeman.

That was great!!! I laughed my head off.

And in true smokers form, you didn't just toss the smoke, you finished it. I can just see this little boat at top speed puttering down this lake with the keystone cops in hot pursuit. But you were smoking that hoober @ top speed!!!

Peace and happiness:peace:

Indiegenerate said:
Haha. Hope those ducks liked the bud.

I just got called "a god damn dirty peace-loving hippie" by a cop that arrested me a month or two ago (had long hair and a pretty thick beard at the time...and a bag with peace signs all over it that I had a brand new glass piece in). Sounds like times haven't changed too much.....The boats just got faster.
I've never been called a dirty hippy...sorry to hear that by the way. But I agree with you. The boats did just get faster! Perfect way to put it.

RangerDanger said:
About 4 or 5 months after that incident I got busted for GIVING a jr. narc a handfull of weed (about 1/4 oz.). The cops gave me the option: turn in 3 of your pot smoking friends and join the army and we'll drop the charges (a common offer back then). That's how I got busted; the jr. narc had got busted and the spineless weasel rolled over on 3 of his friends.
I refused and got convicted & sentenced to 9 months in prison and 5 years probation.

And the weed we were getting back then was the legendary Acapulco Gold, very potent and still one of my all-time top 3 strains.
There was both killer bud, schwag and everything in between back then, just like nowadays.
Wow! Sorry to hear about the jail time. yikes! But good for you sticking to your guns! That's real character.
Also good to hear that the smoke back then is still a killer smoke! I had heard that weed had gotten more potent sence then...?
Thanks for the story!

great story and well writing..and like said before, you can really picture your self in the boat token away ...being chased by cops and ducks

Indiegenerate said:
Haha. Hope those ducks liked the bud.

I just got called "a god damn dirty peace-loving hippie" by a cop that arrested me a month or two ago (had long hair and a pretty thick beard at the time...and a bag with peace signs all over it that I had a brand new glass piece in). Sounds like times haven't changed too much.....The boats just got faster.

I got called a hippy today by a bunch of koreans at a mall. I was buying some screens for my hash pipe and they were all looking over my shoulder all snickering and whispering. I looked at them all wierd just to be a dick (I do that to ignorant people) and they kind of stopped. Then one asked me if I was really a hippy and I said "I'm really trying hard!" and walked off, the look on thier face was funny, don't think they ever really met one before...But the story was bad ass! I would have loved to live back in the chill days man. I just dream about it. I didn't know it was crazy laws back then I thought since "everyone" did it that it was just kind of excepted as a fad.

"One cop said we were probably anti-war commies (back in '67 anyone who had long hair was labeled a communist) and I said "look at Bruce's eyes--they're the color of the American flag!""

:laughtwo: That story was funny...

glad you didn't get caught.

Back
Top Bottom