Possibly getting tested, need input.

Rudy420

Hello... I have a 2nd interview with an employer tomorrow, and if I get the job I may be hired as early as Monday, 6 days from now. A drug test hasn't been discussed yet, but its a good possibility.

I am a 22 year old male, 6'0, 160 pounds. I exercise about 4-5 times a week, and have a very high metabolism even without the exercise. I had stopped smoking for nearly a month, and then just last week, I said to hell with it and smoked on 3 different occasions.

When I smoke its a very small bowl, we are talking 2, maybe 3 hits tops. Its always shitty regs. Just to give you an idea of how much I do each time, it takes me a month minimum to go through an 1/8th if I smoke once a day.

The days I smoked last week were Tuesday, Saturday and Sunday. So I haven't smoked in 2 days now. Based on personal experience, when does the employer usually ask for the drug test? On the first day of employment or after the last interview?

Also, whats my odds with my situation of getting it out of my system soon enough? The last 2 days I have starting drinking lots of water, exercised twice each day (weight lifting and cardio), and sat in a sauna once for 20 minutes.

Any insight onto my situation is appreciated it.

And 1 more thing... the weed is pretty old. Id say the stuff I smoked last week is over 2 months old now. It was very dried out. Ive read that as weed ages it loses its "potency", so does that mean that im actually taking in less THC?

Your chances are fair with dillution. I would pickup a couple cheap thc test strips off of ebay and check yourself at home.
To help get clean.
Continue to exercise.
Eat a high fiber diet with metamucil
Drink just enough fluids to stay dehydrated. Drinking lots of fluids now won't help pass the test.
3 dayd before UA switch to high fat, red meat diet and stop exercising.

Morning of the UA
Drink about 40 ounces of gatorade
Pee 3 or 4 times
Use your midstream urine.

I would also check into subbing with synthetic urine. If you sub you don't have to go through all the hassle of getting clean.

I have noticed youve recommended gatorade on several threads now. Is this because it will add some color to my urine so its not so clear? Or is there another reason for the gatorade?

Just an update... this morning I took one of those first check home drug tests. It was my first pee of the morning, and I did the caught the middle part of the stream. The results came back as a weak negative... which is encouraging since it has only been 3 days since my last smoke, and it was the first piss of the morning.

I went to the interview a few hours later and things went well. If I get the job I will know by tomorrow sometime. So far no talks of a drug test, so im hoping if there is going to be a test I will have until Monday when I start at the earliest.

Gatorade helps keep the ph within limits.
Any line that can be seen is a pass on a dip strip. The lightness or darkness has no bearing on the levels of thc.

Am I out of line suggesting an alternative, high percentage of success method to passing the test?

Why not just use someone else's urine? Unless this job is for a secure position (govt?), and you will be watched as you urinate, then that's the easiest way to pass. Simple and surefire. In my humble opinion, of course.

As a construction worker, I'm tested at the start of many federal and state jobs for D+A, and I've yet to fail a test.

Yes subbing with someone elses urine works fine. Just be sure they do no drugs including prescriptions. The nice thing about synthetic urine is you can heat it up multiple times and not hurt it. With real urine you only want to do it once. Plus you'll need a thermometer to make sure you have the temp right. Most synthetic urines come with a temp strip on the side of the container.

In the past when I had one coming up Ida drink a lot of cranberry Juice. The doctor told me it flushes you out better than water.......my to cents

As weed said a pre test will ease your mind.....

Yes subbing with someone elses urine works fine. Just be sure they do no drugs including prescriptions. The nice thing about synthetic urine is you can heat it up multiple times and not hurt it. With real urine you only want to do it once. Plus you'll need a thermometer to make sure you have the temp right. Most synthetic urines come with a temp strip on the side of the container.

Good advice regarding the prescription drugs. MAke sure your donor knows what CAN'T be in his/her urine. I also agree that you want to only heat your urine once.

I've never brought a thermometer into the test with me. Sometimes I use hand warmers to heat the urine, sometimes hot coffee. Neither will heat the urine too high, out of a reasonable range. Once the urine is transferred into the donation cup, its right around 100F, and cooling quickly. All set. Wait a minute and hand it in.

Back
Top Bottom