Possibly root rot?

Hydro guard is enzymes if I understand correctly that’s organic and H2O2 would work against the enzymes. It’s sterile or live res.
“The uc roots would kill the bio life in the Hydroguards. One is a enzymatic clean and uc roots is a sterile clean. It would be redundant and probably make your water unstable to use. Iv used both in multiple hydro methods and uc roots hands down is the winner”
Simple web search this is my understanding of hydroguard its organic not sterile.
You can use H2O2 to reset and clean up before a water change but definitely dont kill your beneficial bacteria when you first fill your res.
Thanks for the info.

Hey Vasdef

Hope your doing well brother.

Hydroguard is a beneficial bacteria mixture, h202 kills it and makes it inert.

To clear up root rot, h202 works great. Works even better if you combine it with enzymes. I used a combination of them (and made the buckets be at 3% h202).
Here, this was taken from Hygrozyme:

CAN I USE H2O2 WITH HYGROZYME?

Hygrozyme is the most effective without hydrogen peroxide, therefore, we do not recommend using H2O2 with Hygrozyme, but you can use up to 2 mL of H2O2 per gallon with Hygrozyme.

Once the rot has been taken care of, you can reintroduce microbes, or finish sterile.

Back
Top Bottom