420 Magazine Background

Post your Polyploids

Norcaliwood

Plant of the Year: 2017 - Grow Journal of the Month: Feb 2017 - Plant of the Month: Nov 2009, April 2017 - Nug of the Month: April 2017 - Photo of the Month: Jan 2018 - Creme de la Creme Photos: Feb 2017
Guys what we are seeing is fasciation unless the whole plant is effected.

Polyploid = whole plant
Fasciation = single branch.

Really would love a genuine polyploid to see just how big the buds are cos from what iv seen as far as fasciation is concerned are hollow buds full of stem. Really cool to look at but I hate getting them now haha.

Good read..I have the 4 main branches that express polyploid and 4 secondary ones.

philthegeek

"Guys what we are seeing is fasciation unless the whole plant is effected. "

Yup, i think thats the case.

Plants with abnormal growths: The interesting phenomenon of plant fasciation

My experience with fasciation has been via people doing plant virus research at work but it can be caused by other things.

If its viral and showing on cannabis plants then its probably something that may get transferred between grows, especially if your doing a "perpetual grow" in the same space.

I looked into the whole colchicine thing, as years ago heard about it as a way to get polyploids for potency. Decided not effective or reliable enough and colchicine is horrible toxic carcinogen in people. What i have at the moment a locally bred WWidow cross with an industrial variety. Not as potent as straight WWidow but gets me pretty ripped, makes good tincture so all good. :)

Greenlizard

This is my Purple Kush from seed.
She has never been topped or trained at all yet. All the growth is natural. I believe she is Polyploid.
Should I grow to harvest, keep for a mother plant, or clone a little prior to flowering?

Attachments

Pennywise

Member of the Year: 2017 - Member of the Month: Mar & Oct 2017, Aug 2018, May 2019 - Plant of the Month: Aug 2017

Greenlizard

Looks like maybe fasciation, really don't see anything pointing to polyploidism.
Oh really? Interesting. It was suggest to me that it may be Polyploid but I myself have no real knowledge of these things since this is my first grow. Thanks for the info.

Pennywise

Member of the Year: 2017 - Member of the Month: Mar & Oct 2017, Aug 2018, May 2019 - Plant of the Month: Aug 2017

Jackalope

There is so much freakish growth out there it is hard to give it all a name. Some will name them all I am sure LMAO. Still I thought it was odd when I saw it the first time. Now I see something in every grow. Some plants just have a freak branch. One headband is making one of the weird ass tops on just one branch. I will get a picture later when it has formed better.

Still at least 4 other plants has had weird leaf or branch formation. Headband genetics seem to have it a lot. I have had one 2 growns in a row with Blueberry Headband and now a regular Headband.

Pennywise

burgess buds

the only snail bite out of 100 seedlings was on my poly sad.ultimate auto cross with green crack auto. looks healthy tho good soil morning to night sun. had a few triploids 2. im guessing colloidal silver pollination was the cause. the cross went well best features of both strains . best auto strain ive had by far green crack flavour and stability health but the density of ultimate .surprised how homogeneous the cross came out.got very lucky .will seed up this strain again.

the cross was originally a mistake from cross pollination. only had a few seeds come out originally. but once i saw the performance i crossed on purpose.

Attachments

burgess buds

im considering getting some cuttings off the poly and forcing it to stay in veg with low light. or micro cloning. ill need more research its hard to know if it will work being a auto and all.

420Brasica

Hi all, new here, got a few grows under my belt. Nothing special but. I joined to see if anyone can tell me how their polyploids looked from seed.

Here is my suspect! It's a lemon kush
IMG-20181204-WA0001.jpeg

I tried to upload a video but it doesn't have correct file extension (any ideas?)

Also, a it's been really slow to grow, did you guys experiencece a slow take off? I'm guessing it's maybe cos it's trying to squeeze so much growth out a seedling? It's shot out 4 or 5 starter leaves and now its firing out deformed looking first sets at 3 locations so far. Glad I am the curious type as I think most folks would've scrapped it when the first set of leaves basically stalled for best part of a fortnight before it started pushing out new growth.

All my other seeds are a few inches tall now but this one's been sooo slow to start, I've kept it under a dome and been treating it with kit gloves as I want to grow it out and try cloning it then maybe seeding it with coloidal silver.

I also got a 3 branch at each node (forget name) white skunk mutant on the go from same seed vendor. It's in flower now with another 2 white skunk and a peyote critical.

All in I've got triple cheese, red dragon, white widow, white skunk, lemon kush, peyote critical and a few speedbud autos on the go for good measure. All but the 3 white skunk and the peyote are in veg tent.

White skunk and peyote are about 2 weeks into flip. I'll post some pics if interested. Really I just wanna suss my mutant out though.

Oh... Is there a trusted app to use for this site? Typing on my phone screen on webpage is a tad nippy.

Cheers for looking.

Pennywise

420Brasica

Welcome to 420, you have a little mutant for sure. No mobile app for 420 Magazine, I use an iPad normally.
Quasimodo more like mate. The photo does not do it justice it really doesn't! Out of 4 lemon kush seeds I have 1 and Quasimodo.. one bean didnt split and the other just didn't root well ..

420Brasica

Here's a few more pics plus my other ones..

Attachments

Pennywise

420Brasica

Seedlings do weird stuff sometimes but give them time and they figure things out as they grow.
Yeah man. I've had a few funky starters in the past but this little blighter is either going to be something special or just an absolute mess ... I'm really hoping it's a polyploid but.. time will tell, it's certainly started growing the past few days. Hopefully the trend will continue. My theory is the slow start would be caused by it pushing out multiple roots at the bottom.. Its established in that sense that's for sure. The wee freaks anchored lol

Pennywise

Top Bottom