Post Your Polyploids

I got one for you guys. There is only one I have found on this plant. It is a bag seed from mexican commercial weed. I have two different strains/bags in flower right now. I have been watching it's growth for a while.
SAM_15704.JPG
SAM_15344.JPG

Here is a stem shot.
SAM_15724.JPG

I got one for you guys. There is only one I have found on this plant. It is a bag seed from mexican commercial weed. I have two different strains/bags in flower right now. I have been watching it's growth for a while.
SAM_15704.JPG
SAM_15344.JPG

Here is a stem shot.
SAM_15724.JPG

Yup absolutely a polyploid :)
Crazy how much in a few of those pics, she looks like my mutant.
The flat wide stem, and the pics from above... the mutant bud formation and a regular flower shooting off the side.
Awesome :)
I had to take a closer look as I thought, aren't those my plants?!

Thanks for sharing!

Yup absolutely a polyploid :)
Crazy how much in a few of those pics, she looks like my mutant.
The flat wide stem, and the pics from above... the mutant bud formation and a regular flower shooting off the side.
Awesome :)
I had to take a closer look as I thought, aren't those my plants?!

Thanks for sharing!

I saw the resemblance in your pics. It prompted me to jump on the wagon, and go take the stem shot whilst she was sleeping. :high-five:

Well, I'll join in on the fun. This is my first Polyploid plant. It is a Darkstar, one of three that I'm growing. Seeds all from the same breeder.
A little history on it: When the plant was in veg stage, very young, I did some training on the lower branches and accidentally bent one on this plant too far causing a supercropping. The stem wound up flat from a couple inches below the "bend" and all the way up into the bud that formed into a polyploid. Now, whether the accidental bend on the stem was a factor in this or not is questionable...but I just wanted to be sure to document what happened. The pics are in order of current to beginning when I noticed it.

Polly_1.jpg

polly_3.jpg

polly_4.jpg

polyploid_2.jpg

polyploid_3.jpg

darkstar_bud_4.jpg

darkstar_bud_2.jpg

darkstar_bud_1.jpg

Well, I'll join in on the fun. This is my first Polyploid plant. It is a Darkstar, one of three that I'm growing. Seeds all from the same breeder.
A little history on it: When the plant was in veg stage, very young, I did some training on the lower branches and accidentally bent one on this plant too far causing a supercropping. The stem wound up flat from a couple inches below the "bend" and all the way up into the bud that formed into a polyploid. Now, whether the accidental bend on the stem was a factor in this or not is questionable...but I just wanted to be sure to document what happened. The pics are in order of current to beginning when I noticed it.

Polly_1.jpg

polly_3.jpg

polly_4.jpg

polyploid_2.jpg

polyploid_3.jpg

darkstar_bud_4.jpg

darkstar_bud_2.jpg

darkstar_bud_1.jpg

Thank you for posting.
It certainly looks like a polyploid, but I'd love to see pics of the stem, at the base of that bud :)

I do not believe "supercropping" can cause a polyploid, at least I've seen no documentation to support that. From my understanding polyploidy is a genetic mutation, or as I understand, can be induced with a chemical; not a result of stress or what have you. That being said, I'm no expert either ;) If my understanding is incorrect, someone correct, please!

Thank you for posting.
It certainly looks like a polyploid, but I'd love to see pics of the stem, at the base of that bud :)

I do not believe "supercropping" can cause a polyploid, at least I've seen no documentation to support that. From my understanding polyploidy is a genetic mutation, or as I understand, can be induced with a chemical; not a result of stress or what have you. That being said, I'm no expert either ;) If my understanding is incorrect, someone correct, please!

I really don't think the bend was the cause either, but I had to throw that in there because it happened on that branch.
I'll try to get some stem pics tomorrow morning for ya. :)

Did either of you do any topping and training? I understand stress would not cause it. If it was already a present genetic anomaly, could stress trigger it? Also does using Colchicine make the buds GMOs?

I did both topping and training on this plant. The poly is a branch, off of one of the original branches.

heres mine start of flower, best pictures i could get for now but the end of the stem has grown into a 90degree angle, i think the crazy node growth has pushed it horizontal, it hasnt stretched like the other branches but gone into a sort of fat interwined ball of growth.

20170406_175143.jpg
20170406_175136.jpg
20170406_175015.jpg
20170406_174957.jpg
20170406_174908.jpg
20170406_174835.jpg
20170406_174717.jpg
20170406_174813.jpg

Did either of you do any topping and training? I understand stress would not cause it. If it was already a present genetic anomaly, could stress trigger it? Also does using Colchicine make the buds GMOs?

I did both topping and training on this plant. The poly is a branch, off of one of the original branches.

Did the original plant, front which your poly is from, display polyploid traits?

heres mine start of flower, best pictures i could get for now but the end of the stem has grown into a 90degree angle, i think the crazy node growth has pushed it horizontal, it hasnt stretched like the other branches but gone into a sort of fat interwined ball of growth.

20170406_175143.jpg
20170406_175136.jpg
20170406_175015.jpg
20170406_174957.jpg
20170406_174908.jpg
20170406_174835.jpg
20170406_174717.jpg
20170406_174813.jpg

Ya mine kind of took a weird change in direction too, but then pointed to the light again in the stretch :)
It get hard to get in there to take a good picture, so thanks man!

Please keep updating here on the progress of your plant!

This is the earliest pic I have, and it is out of focus. :oops: I noticed that it was there early on. I didn't think to research it until it showed the elongated and split flower.

SAM_14155.JPG

Here is the one I have some weird growth to, she is still veg it's gold rush by canuck seeds, which is Tangie/Kosher kush
420-magazine-mobile2132789146.jpg
420-magazine-mobile611403394.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1776580615.jpg
never had a stalk so thick in a month old plant
420-magazine-mobile2019610964.jpg
Hmmmm here is my gold rush from canuck seed bank she is looking sexy .

4 days into flower
2aeb16badd5925c43a011eddf73c5455.jpg

Back
Top Bottom