Post Your Polyploids

Yes they tend to do that. mine has 2 main ones and at least 1 smaller one. The rest of the branches are fine. It is just a big horseshoe shaped bud here it is from the front and the back.

There are actually 2 buds in there that both poly'ed. Sure hope it puts on some weight. Hairs are turning red but this plant should need more time. We will see.
Here is the smaller one.

Here are updated pics from my little freak. This plant has some good buds on it also which is good. These 2 buds are going to be a pain to trim LOL.

Here is the main stem that feeds the cola. "IF" that is what you would call it Starts with about 5 branches in one then breaks off into a 3 headed one and a 2 headed one. Still just a big horseshoe of buds.

My new poly is just a 3 leaf model LOL. Already starting to rotate out to single leaves. Shouldn't get weird buds from it I don't think. That would suck. 2 grows in a row. They are fun but really don't produce very well.

Here's a Red Desiel,,,, expressing polyploid genetics;;;

Flat stemmage,,, and buds run sideways due to irregular chromosome splitting

Keepem Green

Thought I posted this one. It is in the new grow. Problem with it is the second set of leaves came out as one leaf. No place for branches. The fact that it happened when it did only gives me 2 branches below where it happened. If it had not been for that the plant would have had no way to grow bigger. This one could be intresting.

No as with people each plant has it's quirk's. Most grow out of them. Unless as in the case with mine it grows itself into a corner. The main stem in this plant ended up a leaf. If that would have happened earlier then there would have been no place at all for new growth. At least now I have 2 branches coming from the first set of leaves. These 2 branches will have to be the plant now.

Poly's are very rare..

You could make your own polyploid plants, using Colchicine. Colchicine is used for gout treatment and over ingesting it can actually kill you, so you don’t want to be smoking the 1st generation of plants, just the ones you grow from the seed you create. It mutates the plants to double up the chromosomes and then it becomes a polyploid.
You ca make some polyploid plants, by subjecting seeds to Colchicine which derived from Autumn Crocus (a common flower which is poisonous) by crushing their seeds or extracting from the plants.

This is the same stuff you use to see ad's in back of cartoons that claimed 50-pound tomatoes, 100-pound potatoes. They were true,, but the fruit was poisonous and inedible. As is the first generation of this weed is unsmokable after treating with this poison. But it does RARELY happen on it's own.. And most of the really good pot strains came from poly plants.. But it also holds true that a poly plant don't mean your going to get an off the hook pheno of anything.......... But it's worth me growing it out and finding out.. Keepem Green

Guys what we are seeing is fasciation unless the whole plant is effected.

Polyploid = whole plant
Fasciation = single branch.

Really would love a genuine polyploid to see just how big the buds are cos from what iv seen as far as fasciation is concerned are hollow buds full of stem. Really cool to look at but I hate getting them now haha.

Back
Top Bottom