Post Your Polyploids

Well fast update in case anyone is still tweaking on these freaks... I have one from Feminized Seeds' called Knock-out? She's doing her freak shit... One thing bout anyone growing these Polyploids whatever,,, is they are a thick ass bud,, and even with proper R/H control,, they will get rot if you ain't careful... Last one I had,, I lost that 'odd' buds to 'dry' rott..... But here's an update pic... She is starting to show amber in the trichrome department... the rest of the buds and all clear and way early....

Keepem Green Everyone

What are some signs of rot ..this poly is so thick and leafy I cant really see much ..

Attachments

• 20190306_185203.jpg
    20190306_185203.jpg
    405.3 KB · Views: 104
I have that issue when I get them. Gotta keep the room RH lower. Hard for me in summer time. There's sooo many leaves that there's not much air flow in there and the flowers are dense. Harvest early maybe??

I just pulled mine the other day - she finished in 35 days. Was a Tri-ploid. Test puffing right now.

I got 75gms dry trimmed all top shelf. Smallish plant but FAST finisher. I got clones so experimentation time. Gonna let the clones go 2 weeks in VEG then throw them into flower in 3 gal pots take cuts and see what's what.

35 day finish is conservative. I could have chopped @ 30 days with same yield.

This was at chop but she looked just like that for 30 days. I'm kinda pissed but running 1st time so didn't know what to expect. I took cuts. Gonna run the clones 2 weeks in soil and flip to flower in #3 pots and see what we can do. 35 days is something to consider.

EDIT: different mutation than Woody's plant. This one had 3 cotyledons at the start. I took pics! lol

Edit 2:

Baby Seal Pup on top of a Fire Breathing Dragon.
Am I the only person that looks for faces in my weed??
They are looking at me - I swear.

Ugly Duckling at up-pot and into flower - I wired all the side branches WAY out because mold. Ran a fan right on that plant the whole run 24/7.

Might be. Too early to tell from that pic.

Looking promising tho. lol

Don't over water, dont under water, don't over think and dont stress.

Do: Enjoy and have fun growing.

Its a journey. Live the ride.

This is definitely one!

See three sets of apposing leaves instead of 2 sets apposing leaves?

This is a clone of one I had last round. I took several cuts and about 1/2 of them retained these traits the other 1/2 grew out of it and were stellar plants fast growth very fast metabolism and really good weed.

Polyploid

Clone sister of the above that grew out of it

This is definitely one!

See three sets of apposing leaves instead of 2 sets apposing leaves?

This is a clone of one I had last round. I took several cuts and about 1/2 of them retained these traits the other 1/2 grew out of it and were stellar plants fast growth very fast metabolism and really good weed.

Polyploid

Clone sister of the above that grew out of it

Nice work:)

Definition:

Polyploid cells and organisms are those containing more than two paired (homologous) sets of chromosomes. Most species whose cells have nuclei (Eukaryotes) are diploid, meaningthey have two sets of chromosomes–one set inherited from each parent.
~ Wikipedia

Because of the limited resources I personally have found, I'm hoping to gather a few more pictures and examples of polyploidy as it relates to cannabis.
I've been scouring the web looking for other examples and while I did find a few, I didn't want to jack anyone photos from other forums, to post here. Plus I believe that we have at least two polyploid plants growing right now in journals on 420magazine forums. So let's make a resource for the next folks that see this mutation.

So please if you would, post your examples of this that you have come across, or share the information you may have, with the rest of us :)
I certainly don't expect too many to post pics as this is a rare mutation.
G,day My Dog Spot, hope you and spot are well. I have a plant growing now that looks a lot like the one you have pictured. Really flat wide stem. Its like three or four branches joined together very unusual I must say. Do you want a couple of pictures? It is G13 Gigabud femenised. Had another unusual one a couple of years ago also fat stem but with two and three leaves all growing on top of each other each with their own stem but all joined together. It was a G13 skunk #1 femenised. Cannabis is an amazing plant and when you get a freak it is awesome and interesting always be open to learning new things about this wonderful plant. Really looking forward to watching this plant grow and then mature. Regards Downunderdope.

Popped 5 Arise seeds (Irie Genetics, 3 female, 2 male) on 3/26/19, 60 days of veg, first sacs opened on flower day 25. This particular plant was very slow out of the gate, very short leaf stems throughout, lateral branches showed 4 early, then 5, then random 3 or 3-2 fan clusters. Stayed on top of the nutes overall which I am pleased with considering this plant sucked up juice aplenty. Started collecting pollen today. I will use and store as needed. I am interested in acquiring polyploid seeds produced from 2 poly parents.

Attachments

• Arise Polyploid 01.JPG
    Arise Polyploid 01.JPG
    527.7 KB · Views: 147
  • Arise Polyploid 02.JPG
    Arise Polyploid 02.JPG
    574.2 KB · Views: 104
  • Arise Polyploid 03.JPG
    Arise Polyploid 03.JPG
    479.5 KB · Views: 154
  • Arise Polyploid 11.JPG
    Arise Polyploid 11.JPG
    570.4 KB · Views: 141
That looks interesting. Hope she grows ok for ya. There's a lot of leaves coming out at each node. Don't see that every day.
Yeah thanks, I'm hoping she produces a nice size. The branch isn't stretching as much as the others, she is barely through the scrog net. Going to try gently train her up. Should be interesting.
I've removed 4 Fan leaves from that branch already!

this a bit of a different oddity,, but counts anyway,, there is a poly something in here somewhere,,

this mama thai/thai stick cross has a leaf that caught me eye right away,, and maybe has more in store yet,, time will tell

just in case it is not obvious,, count the leaflets on the leaf there,, 12 segments,, a new one for me,, indeed, and please trust me that they are all on one leaf,,

cheers

#1 and # 11 are unusual. They are pointing different directions.

You might end up with flowers at the beginning of the leaf.

Thats a big leaf too very healthy looking.

Sativa FTW - I should be running them in the summer.

Back
Top Bottom