Pot Found among U-M Students' Sprouts

PFlynn

The University of Michigan's Matthaei Botanical Gardens is known for its collection of diverse and exotic plants, but employees and police were surprised by what they found mixed in with a student project Monday morning.

Police confiscated 11 small green plants believed to be cannabis after an employee charged with monitoring a biology course's research project found the suspicious sprouts, said U-M Police Lt. Bob Neumann.

The plants were found on the corner of a large table inside a greenhouse of the gardens off of Dixboro Road in Ann Arbor Township.

The biology students' assignment "was to grow various herbs, vegetables, annuals and perennials, but not marijuana,'' Neumann said. "I've never heard of this happening before and it's definitely unusual, and gutsy.''

Neumann said samples will be taken to the Michigan State Police crime lab for evidence collection and testing.

About 80 students in a single biology course are participating in the project, which will continue, Neumann said. He said the plants appear to have been planted at the beginning of the semester.

Source: Ann Arbor News
Copyright: 2008 Ann Arbor News
Contact: Local Michigan News, Sports & Entertainment - The Ann Arbor News - MLive.com
Website: Local Michigan News, Sports & Entertainment - The Ann Arbor News - MLive.com

Here is a pic of one of the plants.

Botanical_gardens.jpg

Michigan has some fucked laws on cannabis down state around Lansing
(( MSU )) it's a ticket and a fine but in the upper part of Michigan for just a 1/8 they will try to send your ass to prison for 2-5 years and that is bullshit to have a state split like that on Cannabis laws... :smokin: :thedoubletake:

I would like to see Michigan get it's shit together on it's cannabis laws... :clap: :cheesygrinsmiley:

MV... :smokin:

In the picture posted above, the larger leaves look like a Japanese maple .:smokin:

Highty Hey Mago , I've been busy , what with spring right arround the corner.....getting ready for "the next generation " so to speak.:clap::cheesygrinsmiley::thedoubletake::smokin:

Michigan has some fucked laws on cannabis down state around Lansing
(( MSU )) it's a ticket and a fine but in the upper part of Michigan for just a 1/8 they will try to send your ass to prison for 2-5 years and that is bullshit to have a state split like that on Cannabis laws... :smokin: :thedoubletake:

I would like to see Michigan get it's shit together on it's cannabis laws... :clap: :cheesygrinsmiley:

MV... :smokin:

That's why I live where I live ;) ...Michigan is weird like that. A "crime" that will get you a fine/probation downstate can get you incarcerated up north.

:bongrip: Peace

MV GOOD TO SEE YOU! Yeah Michigan laws are fucked but fortunately MMJ is on the November ballot and I am waiting for it to go through. I'm fairly posotive that it will pass. The Democratic party is backing it and considering that 5 cities have already passed it helps too. MV any info on Mt. Bohemia area that I should know about before I go on spring break up there?

I checked on this yesterday and the Board of Canvassers still hasn't approved the signatures. But since they collected nearly double the amount of signatures needed, I'm hopeful....:smokin: Just hope they don't intentionally delay the decision. But I'm sure they would never do that....

:bongrip: Peace

In the picture posted above, the larger leaves look like a Japanese maple .:smokin:
That was my first thought, Japanese Maple. That would be rough to be expelled from college for growing a maple tree.

Back
Top Bottom