Pot size for a 3x3: Flowering

chib

Hey everyone,

Just wondering what final pot size I should be using for my 3x3.
I'm currently running a 250 watt 3+ red spec led by budgetgrowlights and plan on flowering 3-4 ladies.
Space is about 3.5x3.5x6 and the babies are currently in 1 gallon pots for the next month until I up pot them before flower.

I currently have 4 gallon plastic pots which I have used in the past, but I have been reading that maybe smaller pot sizes are better.

Should I get some 3-5 gallon fabric pots? Or just stick to the 4 gallon plastics.
I'm sort of leaning towards the 3 gallon fabrics, but I really don't want to be watering more than twice a day at maximum.

I have 80x80x160 tent using
4x 12L pots for flower

Veg I use: solo cup - 1 gal - 8L - 12L works perfectly or me enough room to get a decent fan blowing around and there under a 400w hps

But to be honest depends on how long you veg them for I change pots every 3-4weeks depending on how fast they grow during veg.

I do 3-4 weeks in solo as 2 weeks is classed as seedling stage then pot up to 1 gal for 3/4 weeks then pot up to 8L pot for 4 weeks 2 weeks later into the 12l pots I get some monsters by letting the plants develop a nice root bal before transplant

Is this a soil(ish) grow, or hydroponic? If the latter, are you growing in coco,perlite, or...? Will you be adding more light?

Yep if you're trying to do an actual Living Organic Soil then you need a minimum of 15 gallon fabric pots.
I just have the gaia green soil as base, I'm going to be using the 2 4 8 and 4 4 4 + worm castings. I wont have nearly enough space for more than 1 plant in a 15.

Back
Top Bottom