Pot size once again

That is a popular size. 3-5 gallons seems to be optimal.
I prefer 3g soft pots so I can have a variety of autos going all at the same time.

I have 5 gallons but there in use I also 20 and 30 gallon I'll get the 3 gallons for auto I use the materiel ones the plant seem to like the air they breath nice in those things

I'm using a soil mix called ProMix my clones and mother plant are doing well with this soil mix no problems I used 7 of the big bags 22 litter I think. thats why I'm asking I have another 50 plants to grow and well its not cheap I figure 10 more bags for the 3 gallon pots. Will try to recycle the old mix once finish flowering

That is what I wanted to talk about. I primarily grow autos. Because, reasons.:love:

I use nutrients along with FoxFarmsOceanForest(not really a good soil for autos).
Recently, I switched to a 2-1 mix of coco and Happy Frog soil.

I don't know if you add nutrients with water.
If you do, I wouldn't recommend recycling your soil, for the autos.

Autos need different amounts of nutrients at different times.:hmmmm:
The problem is, that they switch from needing N to P/K so quickly. When they say, not when you flip.

So having soil that has been saturated with P/K at the start will stunt growth, and stress it.
I tried to recycle soil before and had a teeny tiny plant for a month, until it was transplanted.

The opposite situation with to much N would be a small stems, bud that taste like grass.
Airy buds, and weaksauce trichomes.

:high-five:

These are all things you know already, I am sure.:love:
Just the context and timelines are altered, not the same as photoperiod giants.
Autos are finicky sometimes, and I think I have stressed them every way possible.

Interesting i never grew auto this will be first time . I hope my mix will be OK what funny about the pro mix is you don't feed plant for 3 month from seeds. then start adding N afterwards will this affect the plant will the plant be OK without N ?. I'm using Advance Nutrients on my clone they seem to like it i don't over feed them. I'm down to once a week or every 10 days .there almost finish a long 8 month 7 weeks in flower. reason i want to go auto its faster yea the plant is smaller but you get to work with different strains after 12 weeks of grow:Namaste:

I also prefer autos for the variety.:love:

Well, I would start giving weak/mild nutes after the 2 week mark.
Just N should be fine, if you use LED, use CalMag too.
Once I've seen pistols for a week, I'll change to flowering nutes.
I like to push the vegetation during that week.

I'm just going to give an estimate, pistols could pop out from day 17-30.
Some are a little slow to start.

If you are practiced in topping, or training.
You may just want to grow the auto, all natural.
Just to get familiar with the size and growth spurts.

Pterostychus has some autos, that are growing an inch a day at the moment.

The delay nute release soils, will always give an auto issues. We learn as we go.

It really now will depend on how sensitive the genetics are in the strain you have.

There are two group thread for autoflowering, they have been dead lately.
Adding any future questions to them would defiantly perk the thread back up.
Input from the older members has great value. I'm still relatively new.;)

Thanks for all the info PhobosAnomaly
i will go see the auto section and ask questions there. so i have to be cool with the soil mix i use. and add cal mag i never did cal mag thing but hey knowledge is power I really enjoy growing these plants my clones are 7 weeks in flower and cant wait to start a new batch these auto. my. clone came from fem seed

Back
Top Bottom