Pot Snobery.

realtalgrower

The other day I was at a party. There was very few smoker at the party, but it was an MJ friendy crowd. Well I start rollin a blunt of some of our mind bender from the summer harvest and a guy comes up to me and ask's if I wanna match blunts, hell yea...

Well we roll our selective blunts, he is rolling some very decent mids. Well Another guy comes outside just as I am sparking my blunt first since its the chronic, so we can finish with the mids. Well the other guy kinda just comes over like he wants to join the rotation. He didn't really ask but its a party so whatever. We are smoking my blunt, and the entire time the new guys talkin about how dank of weed he gets and how he smokes so tough blah blah blah.

Well we finish my blunt and the first guy sparks his. The second guy smells that it wasn't chronic and acts like its a crime or something, belittling this guy that all he has is swag. Down right refuses the blunt like its poison. I kind of chewed him out, giving him a lesson on etiquette and then told him that I expected him to either match us another blunt or put 5 on the one he already smoked. I just couldn't beileve the nerve of this guy and hope all my fellow smokers on this site would handle that situation better

You know its cool if all you smoke is chronic, but there is no reason to make someone feel like less of a stoner simply because they either don't have the connection for chronic, or the money. A hits a hit and just about any weed will get me high, so why worry> specially when you are getting smoked out by 2 strangers.

The only time a smoker should put down free weed is if he grew it himself. Free smoke is free smoke and a person should be grateful just for the offer of sharing in it. I've smoked a lot of commercial (you call it mids) and tons of brown bricked weed with 1000's of crushed seeds and I was grateful for any and all of it. Especially if it was shared with or given to me. Beggars can't be choosers.

It does sound like something a person with little or no taste would say, but it sounds like you handled it really well.

Good for you, man. The whole idea behind smoking pot is to mellow out. Be in a good mood. That whole deal, you know? I really don't understand this. Free grass is free grass. Free good times.

I've never refused a blunt before. Let alone ANY buddha.

Good for you, brother.

:peace: Earth Child

Akornpatch said:
It was a party and he probably had a couple few beers in him too, that caused the "asshole" to come out. That and he's probably a kid with a big mouth. Truth be told he probably doesn't smoke at all unless he's mooching off someone else.

being drunk aint much of an excuse in my book, props to realtalgrower for chewing him out!

You told him really politely IMO.i tend to tell people rather harshly for being such a snob. my thought is someone has to tell him the truth it might as well be me. i will apoligize after i have spoken my mind. but that was not good etiquette on his part

Racefan said:
The only time a smoker should put down free weed is if he grew it himself. Free smoke is free smoke and a person should be grateful just for the offer of sharing in it. I've smoked a lot of commercial (you call it mids) and tons of brown bricked weed with 1000's of crushed seeds and I was grateful for any and all of it. Especially if it was shared with or given to me. Beggars can't be choosers.

Yea, the only way u can talk about sumbody shit is. When u already have some type of blunt in the session. With higher grad shit than he was raggin on. Other than that. He could've got hurt on some real shit where I'm frm.:cheesygrinsmiley: :cheesygrinsmiley:

^^^I told him something to that affect. And you know this guy didn't have any grass on him? Some big smoker to come to a party without even a bowl.

I get real true chronic maybe twice a year. Normally on 420, and maybe once over the summer if I'm lucky. The rest of the year it's shwag or mids. (Never seem to find that inbetween regs.) And when I have that chronic I spread it around as much as I can because I know my friends don't get it often either. I brag, sure, but only before packing a bowl of the shit and giving my buddy the green hit. The rest of the time, you'd never know I smoked anything but Diggity Dank. And when I run into those bastards that brag about the shit they get all the time, I just don't smoke with them. Two reasons for this, one: they are assholes, two: they never happen to have any good shit on them, ever.

Some people don't know how to be grateful. It's a shame really, but there isn't much you can do. All you can try is basically exactly what you did, which is awesome. If you teach them bit by bit eventually they might see their wrong and change their ways, right?
Kudos on this one.
He could have easily said no thank you, it's probably less of an effort.

You know, I've never really run into many snobs or mooches. I've encountered a few, but they've always been from out of state. I think that's just more proof that we're a land of laid back people up here.

ya.. Swag is not that bad to just pass it up! I mean hell, of course i would rather smoke some FIRE but money doesn't grow on trees and i don't mind smoking a few bowls of mids! It gets the job done if i haven't smoked in a few days

Realtal I had the exactsame experience at an outdoor wedding the wife and I went to this past summer. I was like the "pot nazi" and was all, "no dank for you!" I figure if you don't have the ettiquette to respect my friend's stuff too, you're really not a "badass smoker" and we'll be glad to send you on your merry way. Nice realtal.

a couple nights ago i got smoked up by someone (less then a gram between us), and he said he would smoke me up again if i gave him ten dollars, and i wouldnt have to pay the next time. so i paid him, and then he decides not to smoke me up and instead take my money to buy weed for himself. that shit fucking pissed me off!!

i know the feeling, thats why today i dont have as many "friends" From hs, the ones that always were down to chill because of the cron i got... but if i didnt have any i would never hear a word... that and they always asked me to pack it.... not the standard lets match bowls... or something...

so i know alot about pot snobery and the likes... makes it hard but thats why i dont chill with half the people i knew in hs...

i've also been with people who are like "can i see your weed? i bet it's dirt schwag." i immediately said, "okay, i guess that means i get to smoke it by myself."

sugarmagnolia said:
i've also been with people who are like "can i see your weed? i bet it's dirt schwag." i immediately said, "okay, i guess that means i get to smoke it by myself."

fuck that beggars cannot be choosers, i appreciate ANY weed that comes my way. i only wish it came consistently!

Similar thing happened to me this weekend. We were smoking in my buddies bedroom since he was having a party and we didn't want to invite everybody or offend anybody. Anyways this one guy kept coming down and ragging on my bud. All I had were nice crystally nugs and he was like thats shit and my stuff I get is better. Anyways after I leave my friend told me he pulled out his weed and was picking through the seeds to roll a blunt and after he started to smoke he jacked my friends camera from his room. This ungrateful prick! When your at a party don't steal shit, cause you won't be seeing as many fun parties in the future if you ruin it. People Suck! :bong:

^^^ SHit come to parties in my nievghborhood, and steal from us it might be your last party period.

Back
Top Bottom