Potassium deficiency? Or heat stress? Or soil pH too high?

GHS recommends flushing at about week 5 and letting it dry out for at least a week. What I did after that was raise the pH of the water from 5.7 and slowly getting it up to 6.5 or so towards the end. Arjan's Strawberry Haze is a wonderful strain I would grow again.
That's how I grow in Coco. Hydro & coco are similar with the 5.5 - 6.0 pH range but near the end of flower better to raise pH in Coco. But soil I keep between 6.0 - 6.8. Right now I'm doing a test run on 2 Blueberry plants in soil. 1 gets pH'd to 6.4 & the other doesn't get pH'd at all (I just take a reading & don't adjust the pH). They are both 5 weeks old & both are fine so far. Starting to look like there's no need to pH in a buffered soil to me.

What is the test for? A comparison of pH'd soil (6.4) with a soil you just took out of a bag?
No. The soil is Fox Farms Ocean Forrest from the same bag. Nutes , I'm using Mega Crop. Everyone says there is no need to pH nutes when growing in a buffered soil. I've been pH-ing nutes to 6.4 since I started growing 3.5 years ago. So I'm running a test of 6.4 ph vs. un-pH'd nutes on same strain in same soil to see if any toxicities or deficiencies arise during the grow. If both do well then I think there is no need to pH your nutes when growing in a buffered soil. So I'm trying to find out if there's a need to pH nutes or not.

Ok, I think they'll both do well. It's the same soil. I think the upshot on alkalinity-of-soil is that pH-ing your water or nutrient solution doesn't cause any harm. Isn't necessary. If your soil pH drops too far over time, or if you see it starting to, then top dress some lime.

Back
Top Bottom