Potassium Deficiency

deffedtx

After looking at all the photos of sick plants. I think mine has a potassium deficiency ( although it is hard to tell the difference as some of the photos look the same )
I don't think its a ph issue it never goes over 6 - 6.2 I check it 2 times a day to keep it at 5.8
my ppm was at 930 but I brought back to 750
I just changed the light to hps 1000watt w/ a homemade cool tube
temp range from 65 f lights off to 83 lights on light is 20 inches from top of plant
I am growing white widow 12/12 from seed its is 5 weeks old

The question I have is how do I get potassium to the plant ?
Do I just put all new nutrients
I am using GH flora series mild growth mixture
Thanks for any help

You know... I havn't actually seen very many reports of various defencies... usually it's neut burn. I see you dropped the PPM back... did you do that because you saw some burning? I peeked at the Pictorial Pest and Problem solver, and a K (K is Potassium in the N-P-K values) defeciency looks much like a general neut burn, but without as much curling. Post some photos, I'm sure there are more experienced hydro folk that will chime in.
If it is a K deficiency, bloom neuts usually have a higher K value than grow neuts.
When was the last time you flushed? Perhaps some buildups are causing the issue and a good flush is in order. Most folks flush between veg and flower.

Show us some photos... I'm certain you'll get lots of advice.

Cheers!

You may want to drop your ph down to about 5.5 and let it drift up. Various nutes are best absorbed at slightly different ph levels and one of the big tricks I had to learn in my first hydro grow was how to establish a water/nute mix that provided the optimum ph profile. With the strain I was growing, I actually started my water/nute mix at 5.3 and let it drift up to around 5.9 over the course of the day. You'll get it, just takes time and a little experimenting.

Here is a photo I still don't know how to to do this I uploaded and the every time I click process nothing happens.Anyway hope someone can help me with this.
5weeks.jpg

I have looked at the chart and I just can't tell.
I also looked at these photos Ganja Guerrilla's Hall of Marijuana Plant Abuse and I think it is potassium deficiency from ph lockout, but I haven't had any trouble with ph for 2-3 weeks when I started using ro water( thanks southernweed). It stays right at 5.5 - 6 I check it 2 times a day. and try to keep it 5.5 - 5.8
One other thing I noticed was that there are a couple of small holes in 2 of the leaves.(I will post pics tonight when the lights come on )
I checked for pest's and there are not any.
the problem seems small now but I don't want it to keep getting bigger.

Maybe be first stage of magnesium deficiency(it can happen with GH nuts). you can try foliar feeding with epsom salt, 0.5gram/liter.

Back
Top Bottom