Potassium fertilizer from banana peels

LosSerpent

I've been looking around a bit on how to add potassium to my girls

I was a method of drying banana peels in the sun and then cursing them up. Into. Powder. And then it can be used as fertilizer, anyone done this?

I let banana peels ferment in filtered water for about 20 days... and it becomes a very potent K supplement. Yes, there is always a risk of giving too much.
Any recommendations on dosage? 18l pot with fully grown and flowering girl in there

I let banana peels ferment in filtered water for about 20 days... and it becomes a very potent K supplement. Yes, there is always a risk of giving too much.
Also about your calmag made from. Egg shells, does it also. Contain a food amount of phosphorus?

Any recommendations on dosage? 18l pot with fully grown and flowering girl in there

No, because there is no way to tell what you have there, in either recipe. Start with a 1 tablespoon/gallon application and see how that makes the plant respond. When you start gardening organically there are a lot of things that you simply have to guess at, and learning to read your plants for their reactions afterward is paramount.

Also about your calmag made from. Egg shells, does it also. Contain a food amount of phosphorus?
Yes, when you cook the eggshells and turn them black, a good amount of phosphorus is created and the fermenting in the vinegar releases it into a usable form. The resulting compound is calcium phosphate, very high in both calcium and phosphorus.

You can use the whole fruit which can contain a few hundred mg of potassium also has a small amount of magnesium along with B 6, ye plants use vitamins as well.

You can use the whole fruit which can contain a few hundred mg of potassium also has a small amount of magnesium along with B 6, ye plants use vitamins as well.
The problem with the addition of this much pulp and sugar is that the fermentation process then produces a large amount of alcohol... and that is not good for your grow. There is enough of what is needed, and still a bit of sugar, in the peels.

I searched for a banana peel specifc link in your link's thread, Emilya, do you have a journal or banana peel tea resource you could direct me to, please? Thank you!

I searched for a banana peel specifc link in your link's thread, Emilya, do you have a journal or banana peel tea resource you could direct me to, please? Thank you!
I mentioned that I was doing it in a couple of the journals, but I never did a tutorial on it because it is ridiculously simple, and because I stole the idea from @AngryBird, who was using banana peels long before I did. If you do a search for my name and banana peels, you should be able to find it

I mentioned that I was doing it in a couple of the journals, but I never did a tutorial on it because it is ridiculously simple, and because I stole the idea from @AngryBird, who was using banana peels long before I did. If you do a search for my name and banana peels, you should be able to find it
:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:
Says my mentor, of all time, in organic growing and testing new ideas.
Banana peel is simple. Wash, cut in slices place in jar and fill with water. Close lid firmly.
Let it stay warm but out of sun for a month or so.
Turn around once a day.
In my 1st journal, see my signature in the bottom, you will find more details and ideas.

:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:
Says my mentor, of all time, in organic growing and testing new ideas.
Banana peel is simple. Wash, cut in slices place in jar and fill with water. Close lid firmly.
Let it stay warm but out of sun for a month or so.
Turn around once a day.
In my 1st journal, see my signature, you will find more details and ideas.
Wonderful, thank you I am heading there shortly!

How many bananas worth of peels to how much water Em? So cool how nature provides for us isnt it?

I've been looking around a bit on how to add potassium to my girls

I was a method of drying banana peels in the sun and then cursing them up. Into. Powder. And then it can be used as fertilizer, anyone done this?

You can do this it wont hurt the plant. What will happin is the powder will compost very quickly and become available for the plant to uptake whatever nutrients she needs.

It's not a dose of this amount with a soil and plant matter its about composting. It's the best way to get nutrients to the plants roots.

You can add that powder to your hole at up pot along with other goodies like EWC and kelp meal. The composting will take time and release nutrients all thruout the growth cycle.

You are not adding in fertilizer. Think soil organic matter.

I use 3 banana peels in a quart jar filled 3/4 full with RO water and it makes all I could use in several grows. If you look around, mother nature provides everything we need.
Thanks. So I soak the Peels in water for 20 days THEN do I take out the Peels n use just the water? Or will it turn into a mushy mess? I guess my next question is how much of that banana juice lol per gallon?

It turns into a mushy mess. I just shake up the mushy fermented mess and apply what ends up in my spoon. I always use 1 tblspoon per gallon of anything I create and then see how it goes from there... but I have never adjusted either way after I see that it is working, come to think of it. Organic gardening is not neat or exact... if it is, you are doing it all wrong. Get messy and start getting used to measurements like, a dash of this... a pinch of that. Sorry, that's just the way it is.

Excuse my ignorance but wouldn't boiling the banana peels extract more potassium and faster? Kinda like when you boil fruit to make juice.

It turns into a mushy mess. I just shake up the mushy fermented mess and apply what ends up in my spoon. I always use 1 tblspoon per gallon of anything I create and then see how it goes from there... but I have never adjusted either way after I see that it is working, come to think of it. Organic gardening is not neat or exact... if it is, you are doing it all wrong. Get messy and start getting used to measurements like, a dash of this... a pinch of that. Sorry, that's just the way it is.
I just put 2 banana peels in a 700ml jar, that's it? Just let it ferment for 20 days and it's good? Is it potent?

Back
Top Bottom