PotChimp's BP Farmer's Pride Power Grow

In a meadow grows a noble plant whose story must be told,
Symbiosis
to a life's abundant memories, epiphanies and dreams
somewhere deep behind this image we are all as one it seems.
Who knows what connections Fate has in its schemes?

In a meadow walks a lonely man whose body has grown old;
disillusioned.
From a life of fear and prejudice whose seeds we oversow
as they're pushed into the darkness where a life just cannot grow.
Maybe that's the way their lives were meant to go.

In a meadow lies a broken heart whose lifeblood slowly drains
pre-necrotic.
As his roots are dry and dying in a place that never rains,
I am leaving I am leaving but my love for you remains.
And he slips free from his symbiotic chains.

In a meadow is a universe; its secrets still unknown.
Theoretics.
In between his hope and sanity he cries, "Dear Lord I've tried,
but I can't keep turning pages when I'm so torn up inside".
Then he closed his eyes in anguish and he died.

In a meadow two connected lives whose story I've now told.
PropaGaters. :)
Though these memories, epiphanies and dreams have all since passed,
all around them children growing from the seeds that they have cast.
Through this love they'll grow forever and stand fast.

Thanks for the inspiration, Propa Gator.

Flowering - Week 3, Day 6
002842.JPG

012354.JPG

013341.JPG

This Warlock plant is starting to get a little frosty, but check out one of the Flo's older leaves (upper left).....
006618.JPG

I moved the Flo plant around and put it off the seed starter mat and onto the cement floor again, not to mention I probably overfertilized it. So it's looking bad again. Until I become more knowledgeable I'm just going to follow the information I can find and quit getting creative. 50% nutes doesn't sound very scientific. Especially when you consider that even though two people may have the same parents and be the same size, their health requirements may not be the same. Before I can narrow a strain down to a precise range of nute strength I need to know a lot more than I do now. And Ed's book says that Flo is a light feeder so I'm going to follow his advice while I'm learning to correctly diagnose plant problems, then I can get precise with this.
:peace:

Plants are looking really good.

Thanks, BPN. I just finished flushing the original Flo plant out again. I need to get the phrase SENSITIVE TO NUTRIENTS programmed in my head, though. When one of these plants gets fed then starts acting like a girly-plant..... oops they're all girls so that's not really an insult but you know what I mean..... I need to step it way down and go up, not start going down from full strength.

Note : The Warlock plant is showing calcium deficiency (small brown spots on the leaves) and new growth is slowly coming out on the original Flo. I'll mix nutes today and make a mental note to use Cal-Mag with the in-between waterings. Using it at half strength with the nute mixes and not at all with the waterings is shorting them since I'm using RO water (and distilled water before that).
The Quasar is looking good and the Ultimate (a.k.a. Jethrine) is looking hungry again (hungry still, I mean). :)

What strains are they? The Original "Flo", The Ultimate, Quasar, and Warlock (all feminised)
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? Hybrids; varying percentages.
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Seeds started today.
If in Veg... For how long? N/A.
If in Flower stage... For how long? N/A.
Indoor or outdoor? Indoor.
Soil or Hydro? Soil.
If soil... what is in your mix? Roots Organics.
If soil... What size pot? about 2 gallons per grow bag.
Size of light? 200 watt Feliz blue spectrum mogul-based CFL for seedling; 250 watt MH for veg; 250 watt HPS for flowering (40 watts/sq.' seedling; 50 watts/sq.' veg/flower).*
Is it aircooled? 4" vent fan (out); passive airflow (in).
Temp of Room/cab? around 72 degrees F.
RH of Room/cab? 50%
PH of media or res? 5.8
Any Pests ? No.
How often are you watering? 2-3 times/week.
Type and strength of ferts used? Blue Planet Farmer's Pride Complete Organic Line, Mega-Gro foliar spray, Cal-Mag (if necessary).

Here I go again..... :)
As soon as the seeds germinate and come up from the soil I will post pics and an update.

* I'll be using the GLR lighting method unless I see problems with this strain under that regiment.

BRAH, You have a tent grow!
:thumb:

Don't mind me I'll be spaking it up in the corner over here....:smokin:

BRAH, You have a tent grow!
:thumb:

Don't mind me I'll be spaking it up in the corner over here....:smokin:

Right now I'm working a 5 sq.' grow tent (500 watts; MH then HPS) and a 6 sq.' grow closet (450 - 475 watts HPS/MH combo). I've got 5 GDPs and a hermie 1024 x ? in the closet just put into flower a few days ago (3-150 watt HPs lights until the last few weeks of flowering, then a 175 watt MH light between 2-150 HPS lights). These should be ready for chop in 4-5 weeks. Hopefully soon I'll be starting up a continuous grow (single plants) w/autos and CFL/HPS at another location. I've got a buttload of seeds to run through, but in the long run I hope to have a mother and vegging clones in the closet and 2 groups of flowering clones in the tent. Tired of runnin' out 2 weeks after drying is over. Tired of having to stick 6 rolling papers together to get high too. Maybe I should do some research to see if they sell rice paper for anything else. Window blind size preferably..... :lot-o-toke:

Well, I was hoping it would happen a little later in the game when I had more experience under my belt, but it didn't. Those times in a grow when you have to make a decision as to cull or not to cull. The Flo got chopped today. All the fan leaves curled upward and dried up. If I had more grows accomplished I would know how much it could have pulled out in this last month or less, but it came to a stop with all the stresses of cold rootball temps and my inability to hone in on the exact amount of nutes to use. It's easier to bring a plant out of underfeeding than it is to flush it out of an overfeeding, not to mention that the overfeeding causes worse damage at times. So I'll be starting out all strains with 1/2 strength nutes from now on. The next few days if I still see lighter than normal green on them, I'll feed again at 1/2 strength instead of watering and try full for the third feeding.
The main reason I decided to cull was the Quasar. I think I'll get a better yield with it having the extra room. The tent already looks evened out in the center (less plant thickness and corresponding increase in light intensity). The Quasar looks good on that side by itself to me. Healthy, but still amateur looking. Then again I'll be one of those for a long time. Post pics soon.

its always a hard decision to cut a plant, but the added light will definitely pay off on your healthy ladies, they will reward you with much added yield

Flowering - Week 4, Day 3 :
001813.JPG
003794.JPG
012356.JPG
009515.JPG
007607.JPG

Things are starting to thicken up a bit, which is cool, but the Warlock is starting to reek, which isn't cool and if I move things around I have to be careful not to touch it because it's sticky, which is cool but the gnats will smell the trichomes and in an attempt to rob me of the fruits of my labor once again get stuck to a bud which isn't cool, but in a blatant act of trying to conserve that tric (and I'll also admit in a blatant act of vengeance) I'll burn him up, which will be really cool, yet once again I won't get a buzz of the little bastard just a laugh out of it which isn't cool at all. So as you can see, this grow is getting pretty complicated. And thanks to this 2009 Napa Valley, I've got twice as much work to do again tonight..... *hic* :)

P.S.: I gave the Quasar plant 1/2 gal. of RO water w/1 tsp. Cal-Mag and 1 tsp. molasses today. The others are okay.

its always a hard decision to cut a plant, but the added light will definitely pay off on your healthy ladies, they will reward you with much added yield

Thanks for the positive reinforcement, OT. I feel the same way, I just wish I had a few more years of doing this to know if the trade-off will be worth it. With my little experience, I'd say I'll get a higher yield this way. I'm sure this won't be the last time.....

In a meadow grows a noble plant whose story must be told,
Symbiosis
to a life's abundant memories, epiphanies and dreams
somewhere deep behind this image we are all as one it seems.
Who knows what connections Fate has in its schemes?

In a meadow walks a lonely man whose body has grown old;
disillusioned.
From a life of fear and prejudice whose seeds we oversow
as they're pushed into the darkness where a life just cannot grow.
Maybe that's the way their lives were meant to go.

In a meadow lies a broken heart whose lifeblood slowly drains
pre-necrotic.
As his roots are dry and dying in a place that never rains,
I am leaving I am leaving but my love for you remains.
And he slips free from his symbiotic chains.

In a meadow is a universe; its secrets still unknown.
Theoretics.
In between his hope and sanity he cries, "Dear Lord I've tried,
but I can't keep turning pages when I'm so torn up inside".
Then he closed his eyes in anguish and he died.

In a meadow two connected lives whose story I've now told.
PropaGaters. :)
Though these memories, epiphanies and dreams have all since passed,
all around them children growing from the seeds that they have cast.
Through this love they'll grow forever and stand fast.

Thanks for the inspiration, Propa Gator.

:bravo:
That was one of the best posts I've EVER read here @ :420:

Back
Top Bottom