PotChimp's BP Farmer's Pride Power Grow

Your little chimp hands were forced by the snears and looks coming from the "others" .....females are just ruthless!

I had light colored leaves and slowly moved my ppm's up to where I'm at now 1600's also in my 6th week since the flip. Good looking bunch of ladies :goodjob:

Thanks Sisco, but right here on every grow I've done is where I run into the problems. I'm hoping that Monster Bloom and a good final flush will pull this chimp through. I need to start mixing 2 gallons of nutes instead of one from now on. The extra room in the tent already shows up as more light penetration in the middle under the canopy. I think culling the Flo is going to pay off.

Damn, soon it comes time to decide on my next grow for this tent. I had Chocolope fem planned until I read reviews on it (I read more cons than pros on the buzz). Now I'm thinking either an Alaskan Thunderfuck (a.k.a. Matanuska Tundra) fem grow or Y Griega, 1024, Satori, and Pineapple Chunk (all fem except the Satori, and all 25%+ THC). I need a good stash and a little more experience before I try my Haze grow (Neville's Haze, Arjan's Ultra Haze #1, Critical Haze, and Amnesia Haze all fem) or any long Sativa grow (Golden Tiger reg was another one I want to do).

Flowering - Week 4, Day 6
001814.JPG
003796.JPG
014320.JPG

I trimmed this Ultimate plant down to one main cola. It'd be nice to get two O-zees from it, but I'm not getting my hopes up......
006621.JPG

I watered all three plants just prior to these pics and I'll nute them tomorrow if they feel light.
:peace:

When I was checking the plants (and these last pics) I noticed the Quasar plant looking overfed again. Instead of watering like I did the rest, I took it to the sink and let about a gallon of RO water run through it a little at a time to give a slight flush (a quart at a time seems to run through these grow bags and out the bottom good). Damn, it was looking good there for a week or two. Guess I'll have to get it back that way, and hope I didn't throw the yield off too bad.

The Quasar is the light green one in the first three pics. It's looking like nute deficiencies, but I just fed not too long ago. Just to be sure (I'm probably wrong, but it's better to err on the side of caution) I went ahead and poured an extra gallon of RO water through it, and I'll go ahead and feed again in a few days to see if I can get some color back into it (and the leaves unwilted again). It worked good the last time it happened to this plant.

Thanks, 420ladybud. So that you know, I'm not too good at growing yet. And I've scored poorly in all my fourth quarters so far, except with a really chimp-tolerant strain called Pineapple Express. So don't judge the strain by my results; to be honest, I don't expect these to get much bigger in the last four weeks. They probably would if somebody ELSE on here was growin' 'em..... :straightface:

I'm thinking the same about the lighter green now, Sisco. I remember that lighter color from when I grew out that Wild Thailand plant and the South African Kwazulu I broke the tap root on a few grows ago. There's only about 3 or 4 more feedings left, so I'll just keep on the regular Monster Bloom schedule unless I see something drastic in which case I'll PM you, because at that point this is gonna be a job for..... CAPTAIN..... CAVEMAN!!!!!!!!!
:)

My Quasar grew as a VERY light green plant as opposed to what I had growing at that time, but the smoke = EXELLENT, and it was seeded, but still awesome!! Used it to create Southern Comfort, by breeding it with my Sugar Cane male.

My Quasar grew as a VERY light green plant as opposed to what I had growing at that time, but the smoke = EXELLENT, and it was seeded, but still awesome!! Used it to create Southern Comfort, by breeding it with my Sugar Cane male.

Whew. Thought I screwed it up there or didn't give it enough food. I hope they yield better than they look now; there's not much smoke hangin' off that thing..... :geek:

It is always amazing how different strains grow differently. I have seen a few strains that like to stay light green no matter what they are fed or at what pH. The end result is what you are after and to me it looks like that the end result will be quite tasty :thumb:

Whew. Thought I screwed it up there or didn't give it enough food. I hope they yield better than they look now; there's not much smoke hangin' off that thing..... :geek:

My yield wasn't great, but it made up for it in quality...and it had this smell, great smell, that no other strain could compare too...LOVED IT

And Corey, you are right on!

It is always amazing how different strains grow differently. I have seen a few strains that like to stay light green no matter what they are fed or at what pH. The end result is what you are after and to me it looks like that the end result will be quite tasty :thumb:

I read in one of the grow books that you have to be careful not to overfertilize Skunk #1 because it has that light green tendency. I based this grow on a thread here called "The Strongest"; that's why I called it a power grow. These strains came up a lot at the time, along with White Widow, but I want to do the three WW seeds I have later. Tastes are okay, but I'm hoping that the end result here will be a long, long ride on the short, short school bus..... :smokin:

The short bus makes me smile!:thumb:

I wanna be the kid in the wheelchair on the back of the short school bus whose eyes are looking two different ways from smoking up on this weed. I've said it before, I don't care if it smells like burnt baboon a$$ and tastes as bad as a fast food hamburger (most of which are made from burnt baboon a$$es, by the way) as long as it gets me good and high.
:tokin:

Back
Top Bottom