PotChimp's Grandaddy Purple Soilless Grow

Thanks for the kind and inspirational support everyone, but looking at the differences in the front and back row of plants in that last pic makes me want to throw them all in a trash can. I know that something I'm doing is part of it (front plants overwatered?) but it doesn't explain everything I'm seeing here. If I didn't have a need for smoke in between my Quasar/Ultimate/Warlock and Alaskan Thunderfuck grows, they'd already be history.

Easy PC,
If you think they overwatered then let them dry out. If your feeding full strength, pull back a bit. If I were you I would keep them warm and well vented and let some air to the roots and sit back, they'l be fine soon. They still looking healthy!

Along for the ride brother:popcorn: Don't be too hard on yourself they llok good and will turn out beautiful. I have some K.W. Estes Grandaddy Purps growing now and KNOW you will make this work. BTW the plants look great to me from here, lol Stay Safe

As soon as this grow is over I'm taking everything out and wiping it down. Can't wait for this next order to come in and this grow to be harvested. I was gonna do Chocolope in this closet next (and I will do that grow soon) until I saw the ad for the original Ken's GDP and hit the brakes throwing gravel and going sideways..... :)

Been there, done that, just cut down many, to make room for a few! Get Ken's GDP it is the SHIT and if you can get Riot's Grape Stomper that is some FIRE too.

btw growing some now here: https://www.420magazine.com/community/threads/lets-start-riot.161817/

Been there, done that, just cut down many, to make room for a few! Get Ken's GDP it is the SHIT and if you can get Riot's Grape Stomper that is some FIRE too.

btw growing some now here: https://www.420magazine.com/community/threads/lets-start-riot.161817/

Seeds are on the way as we type, Wingman420. They're going in next to do a seed crop for the future. If you've done these before and seen the phenos, maybe you can advise me in a few months on which male to keep and what female to shake him on..... :)

Follow up on that last comment : Maybe you can advise me on what OTHER female to shake him on, Wingman420. I decided after reading a few threads on medical strains to throw in an 818 Headband (aka Sour OG) fem seed with the original Ken's GDPs, and produce seeds using both. I'll see if I can't bring out the best of both strains (if I like the cross*), and maybe spend some time and space to stabilize it.
:peace:

* Like it would be humanly possible to NOT like that cross if done properly. Hell, you could fuggiddup and everybody'd love the results..... :)

I just gave all 5 plants the Bloom dose of Farmer's Pride plus Cal-Mag and molasses, but went with 10 ml. of Grow instead of 8 ml.; all the plants looked light green to me. I'll get a pic up later (or tomorrow). I bottom-pruned all 5 plants also. The Afghan Kush Ryder and Red Dwarf haven't popped out of the soil yet.

Flowering - Week 2, Day 5 :
001841.JPG
005733.JPG
007620.JPG

I'll let these dry for a few days because of overwatering.
011426.JPG

The Afghan Kush Ryder is up (hard to see).
009525.JPG

And there's the Red Dwarf.
008570.JPG

The food helped, especially the extra nitrogen. Hope they bulk up in the next two months.

All five plants are flowering up, but are pretty small. They've got time yet, and if the stems fill up I should get pretty good yield for small plants. Both the autos are coming along, too. I'll mix up some nutes tonight and feed the GDPs over the next few days. The real deal GDPs should be here in a few days.

P.S. : Still no purps..... :straightface:

Flowering - Week 3, Day 1 :
008573.JPG

I center pruned all these to fill the branches out (except the front two weird ones; I'll bottom prune them tomorrow).
003821.JPG
006633.JPG

Still no purps?!? :)
007623.JPG

PURP ME, KEN!!!!(coming up next)
001849.JPG

Here's the Afghan Kush Ryder seedling in the foreground, and the Red Dwarf auto in back.
005738.JPG

I fed all five plants Farmer's Pride Bloom dose, Cal-Mag, and some molasses tonight. They're starting to look good, but the two front ones still look different. I'll smoke 'em..... :lot-o-toke:

nah Potchmp, you can see the purps coming on.. Look at your first new picture with all of them there. Them tops dont look like my regular green tops. They getting darker man. I can see it.

Just wait 'til the swell, then if the GDP is truly in the genetics, purple will explode as long as the conditions are right. Low temps, 50-56, really helps, but is best applied by the week before swell to really allow the plants to react.

Back
Top Bottom