Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? Various breeds and hybrids

Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Veg

If in Veg... For how long? Approximately 2 weeks

If in Flower stage... For how long? N/A

Indoor or outdoor? Indoor

Soil or Hydro? Soilless mix

If soil... what is in your mix? Sunshine Mix #4 Advanced

If soil... What size pot? 5 gallon grow bags

Size of light? 200 watt mogul-based CFL (full spectrum)

Is it aircooled? Air ventilation/odor control provides some heat control; not generally a problem.

Temp of Room/cab? 79 degrees

RH of Room/cab? 39%

PH of media or res? 6.4

Any Pests ? No

How often are you watering? 2-3 times/week

Type and strength of ferts used: Fox Farms Nutrients Trio plus all supplements minus Kangaroots (microbes already in soilless mix) full strength

001623.JPG

Top left: Jack Herer
Top middle: Auto Big Bang
Top right : Auto Big Bang
Bottom left : Jack La Mota
Bottom right : Acapulco Gold

Day 31 : Applied 3rd Mega-Gro foliar treatment (used potted plant ratio). Uncle Ben topped all but the Jack Herer about a week ago; only one of them looks like it has 4 main colas (Auto Big Bang) and the other 3 are shooting 2 (Acapulco Gold now top middle, Jack La Mota bottom left, and smaller Auto Big Bang right). I am using a 18/6 light cycle.
001627.JPG

Day 43 : Given week 5 of Fox Farms feeding schedule yesterday.
001632.JPG

Acapulco Gold (top left), Jack La Mota (top center), rootball disturbed Auto Big Bang with slightly curled leaves (top right), Auto Big Bang (bottom left), and slightly overwatered Jack Herer with wilted lower leaves (bottom right; uneven floor caused water to pool under it). Getting a little better at this. In the future when I run this buttload of seeds I have out (I got a little overzealous and have about 200 or so), I may move away from SOG (I think it would work a little better with a larger growing area) or hopefully find a strain I like that can be grown in a small SOG or SCROG and produce well. My setup is made to change in order to suit my needs as a closet grower. A mother plant in this grow tent, clones in the seedling/vegging chamber, and flowering clones in the HPS grow closet is the ultimate goal on my end. I feel it will be the most productive setup (this chimp can burn unprecendented amounts of cannabis, by God!).
:peace: out fellow growers.....

Thanks for the interest and the compliments. I'll take more pics when there is a noticeable difference in flower growth. They were all just given week 8 of the Fox Farms Nutrient program today (minus the "Grow Big"). The Jack Herer is starting to look frosty :), but needs to be put up on a short stand to meet the height of the rest of the canopy. One of the Auto Big Bangs is growing uneven double top colas and is a little short. I raised that one up already. The other Auto Big Bang is looking good but by doing the 4 cola Uncle Ben's topping technique I noticed that the colas are smaller. Maybe I'll top for 2 colas from now on. It is growing tall like a Sativa (the leaves are lighter green and skinny too so it is probably Sativa dominant yay for me!) and may need to be trained over. I'm having the same height problem with the Jack La Mota so I will have to get on some bending and training soon. The Acapulco Gold is slow flowering (I knew to expect that, though) but healthy. It's looking skinny leaved, taller, and a little lighter green so I could be getting me a good head buzz combo this coming up harvest. The only one that looks Indica to me is the Jack Herer and the only one that looks 50/50 is the Jack La Mota. No hermies so far like last time; cool.....

Flowering : Day 32 (I think I put these all into flowering about 1 week too early, so I expect a difference in my time for harvest and the breeder's time)
001651.JPG

Here's that slightly frosty Jack Herer
002692.JPG

I need to bend this Jack La Mota over some, huh?
003654.JPG

All of them are starting to flower out,
004621.JPG

but the Acapulco Gold is a long cycle plant (11 weeks) and is showing less than the others
005594.JPG

Wow, that little bit of nutes helped..... :morenutes:

:popcorn:

Nice grow potchimp... all looks well to me anyway!, Those buds should just stack up more and more for ya!

I hope so. And no seed spreading hermies, or else I'll have to post my Hee Haw gloom despair and agony song on the "What are you listening to" thread again..... :)

I gave all the plants a Sledgehammer flush treatment yesterday. I was wondering why there was a flush scheduled in the flowering cycle with this line of nutes, but it does seem like at this point the flowering has slowed and it needs it.
I am thinking of trimming out some of the bottom growth to direct nutes to the tops today, but I think it would be a good idea to go light with trimming so the plants don't react too strongly and stop flowering. Everything under the canopy is pale green and weak in growth. Post more pics soon.
:peace:

Thanks, BK. Man, I bought cheap light hanger adjusters for this grow tent and one of them slipped down last night. One of the Jack La Mota top colas came into contact with the bulb and got a little crispy (here I was thinking that these light bulbs didn't get hot enough to burn plants). I removed the fried part of the bud and readjusted the light fixture. This has happened a few times, but the bulb has always been high enough not to touch the plants when it slipped. I'm running out of height in this tent being at the end of flowering so I can't put it up any higher. I'll use chains from now on; not as fancy looking but 100% slip proof. Damn, that was a nice looking nug, too.....

Thanks, BK. Man, I bought cheap light hanger adjusters for this grow tent and one of them slipped down last night. One of the Jack La Mota top colas came into contact with the bulb and got a little crispy (here I was thinking that these light bulbs didn't get hot enough to burn plants). I removed the fried part of the bud and readjusted the light fixture. This has happened a few times, but the bulb has always been high enough not to touch the plants when it slipped. I'm running out of height in this tent being at the end of flowering so I can't put it up any higher. I'll use chains from now on; not as fancy looking but 100% slip proof. Damn, that was a nice looking nug, too.....

Yea, I have 2 chains on each light point, incase for some reason the chain breaks, I feel pretty safe that both wouldn't break at the same time.

:lot-o-toke:Not a bad idea there. Kinda fries my nugs to look at that fried nug, if you know what I mean. It had a really weird smell to it. I'm not one of these guys on here that can give a descriptive review of a strain and word it so well that you sit there drooling. The best way I can describe this Jack La Mota plant's aroma is that it smelled like the beverage Tang tastes, but prepared at 2 or 3x the normal strength. A really strong citrus orange-like but yet nice strong chemical smell. I can't wait to put a pair of lungs to it. :lot-o-toke:

Flowering - Day 47
003668.JPG

005610.JPG

I told you to go grow your own, didn't I? Now look at you..... :)
004633.JPG

The main reason I took these pics was because I wanted to do a comparison to the last pic and see if the growth was doing any better. Seems like this is going to be a small yielding crop here (again, my schedule will be about 1 week ahead of the breeder's because I put them into flowering too soon, so I'll try to keep up a little hope for more than a few doobs here).
Here's that Jack Herer plant again.
007529.JPG

This one doesn't seem to be filling out too well. Maybe it's just me and my great expectations.
008490.JPG

No stems no seeds that you don't need.....
006522.JPG

is.....SFFFTTTTTT..... bad a$$ weed! ;)

Harvested the top half of one of the Auto Big Bangs today. I was thinking of chopping the whole plant out, but the bottom growth isn't showing as many in amber or milky trichomes so I thought I'd try to let it flower for a while longer to see what it does. I'll post some pics of the drying part when I get a chance. It's only about maybe 1/2 oz. (if that) so I better use fast film the way I burn. ;)
The other Auto Big Bang seems about a week or so out; same with the Jack Herer. The Jack La Mota (by breeder's schedule) should have another 4 or 5 weeks, but is getting a lot of milky and amber trichomes (man, I hope at least ONE of these plants gives a decent yield; this one may be ready too soon for that). The Acapulco Gold (4 or 5 weeks out also) seems to be the only one that looks like it's at the stage it should be.
:peace:

Back
Top Bottom