PotChimp's Lowryder #1 Grow

What strain is it? Lowryder #1 regular

Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? William's Wonder, Northern Lights no.2, Mexican Ruderalis.

Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Seedling

If in Veg... For how long? N/A

If in Flower stage... For how long? N/A

Indoor or outdoor? Indoor

Soil or Hydro? Soil

If soil... what is in your mix? Roots Organics Natural and Organic Potting Soil, Root Magic mycorrhizae.

If soil... What size pot? 2-1/2 gallons per 3 gallon grow bag; 2 plants each bag, 5 bags.

Size of light? First few weeks : 200 watt Feliz blue spectrum mogul base CFL with gullwing reflector; after first signs of sexing : 300 watt Feliz red spectrum mogul base CFL with same reflector.

Is it aircooled? Passive airflow until 300 watt lamp installation, then fan output.

Temp of Room/cab? 68.2 - 77.9 degrees

RH of Room/cab? 50 - 65%

PH of media or res? 6.0

Any Pests ? No

How often are you watering? 2-3 times per week

Type and strength of ferts used? Fox Farms full line at full strength.

One of the things I am going to do is use the gas light method to see the difference in yield with this strain of autos. Since this is my future go-to crop, I can experiment with the lighting and try 18/6 the next round. I'll try to get seeds from this strain after I read up a bit to see if I should do it naturally with a male or use gibberellic acid on a true female to insure all lowryder #1 offspring. I planted ten seeds and I'll wait until I see how many germ before I apply the Root Magic. Hope to get this crop harvested by New Year's :) I'll post pics when the seedlings break ground.
:peace:

Sounds like a good run on autoflowers :) Between that and Gas light ill be watching!

I'm using the gas light method on another grow I am doing now. It seems to be doing okay. We'll see what the yield is like.

The seed companies must have had a big overstock this summer with the auto fems. I got a buttload of 'em as freebies :)

9 out of 10 seeds germinated so far (which will probably be it) but I tried to pry the broken seed off of one of the seedlings with a toothpick and broke its cotylendons off, so make it 8 :) I'll post a pic when the light cycle comes on later. This should be a short journal here (hopefully).

I'm looking at Fox Farm's nute chart and trying to figure out what week to start these out at. I think I'll give it the highest nitrogen week on the chart since they are autos and will only get a veg dose once or twice in their life. When I see the first signs of flowering I'll switch to a 300 watt red spectrum CFL and add a homemade 4" inline fan system to control heat.

03192.JPG

Day 12 (just before I gave them a light foliar feeding of Mega Gro):
001726.JPG

Once they get growing some I'll see how this lighting routine works. Hoping for at least 2 males to choose from, but I should just try to use gibberellic acid on a female. I'm not sure how that will work on an auto but it should be the same.

For my own records - Day 25 : Gave all of the plants Fox Farms nutes for the first time, altered as follows -

3 tsp. Big Bloom
2 tsp. Grow Big
2 tsp. Tiger Bloom
1/8 tsp. Open Sesame
1/8 tsp. Beastie Bloomz
1 tsp. Kangaroots
1/2 tsp. Microbe Brew

This soil is supposed to last a seedling two weeks before nutes according to the hydro shop worker, so I figure a dwarf plant should go three before it needed food. I didn't see signs until just now, a little over three weeks. Next week I'll repeat this altered mix minus the Bush Doctor root products, at which point I'll finish out at weeks 11 and 12 of the normal schedule before discontinuing nutes and flushing. Just experimenting :)

Day 29 :
001737.JPG

Wow four males.
002765.JPG

I won't get much smoke, but I'll have more options for the father. I'll pick the smallest healthy one I guess.
These are all females (the ones that are showing anyway).
004682.JPG

Oh well. My main goal here is seeds anyway.....

Note :
At 28 days (1/2 way through the estimated 8 weeks "from seed to harvest" on this strain) 200 watt blue spectrum Feliz CFL replaced with 300 watt red spectrum Feliz CFL.

Day 36 :
003728.JPG

Man, I'm not even gonna get a doob off of all four of these..... :)
004685.JPG
005657.JPG

Not much buds under the GLR for this strain so far, but I figured being one of the shortest lived ones that it would show a big difference. I'm just looking for seeds here anyway. The next run will be identical with only a light change of 18/6, at which point I'll probably switch to 20/4 (breeder's recommendation). No signs of them needing food for now.

Day 37 from seed under GLR :
010443.JPG

I hope I get seeds.....
013318.JPG

I'm giving the plants nutes tomorrow. I read on someone else's report online that Lowryders were a light feeder, so I decided to skip the second dose of the aforementioned mix and go with.....

2 tsp. Big Bloom
2 tsp. Tiger Bloom
1/4 tsp. Beastie Bloomz
1/4 tsp. ChaChing
1/2 tsp. Microbe Brew

..... for the last :morenutes:.

Easy Potchimp Man. Looking healthy man. Have you ever grown auto's before? I never have so curious to see how these go. All good though, good luck!

Back
Top Bottom