PotChimp's Lowryder #1 Grow

Easy Potchimp Man. Looking healthy man. Have you ever grown auto's before? I never have so curious to see how these go. All good though, good luck!

I've grown two Big Bang Autos before (under 18/6 veg and 12/12 flower). I messed up and Uncle Ben topped them, not thinking about the short life span and didn't get much smoke.
I shook the males over these Lowryder females when it was time, so I should get a few seeds at least. Hope my TDs up above didn't catch any of the pollen..... :bitingnails:

Day 42 from seed :
03569.JPG
03662.JPG
03962.JPG
04049.JPG

No signs of nute burn so far. :wood:
Little wilt on the points of some of the leaves, though.....

How early did you start flowering? I wasn't going to flower till like day 60!!

Being an autoflowering strain (going straight from seedling to flowering stage and skipping the vegetative stage) I have no control over when these flower, because controlling the hours of light isn't what sets off their flowering. The males started showing at 23 days and the females a few days after. I'll most likely finish these sooner than the breeder's time estimate (8 weeks from seed to chop) because I pollinated the females to get seeds.

I had a small grow like this one time... was a little disappointed with my yield, but it was nice to have some fresh bud and it cured up nicely. At least you'll have a bit to toke on :high-five:

I had a small grow like this one time... was a little disappointed with my yield, but it was nice to have some fresh bud and it cured up nicely. At least you'll have a bit to toke on :high-five:

I'll probably roll it into one blunt. :) I did this mostly for seeds plus I wanted to do a comparison study between the GLR lighting method and 18/6 for this auto strain. I'll do another grow soon using the identical method (seeding the females and all) with the exception of lighting times to see the difference in size and yield.

Low-ry-duh

Looks at those cuties! Have you tried a foliar feed on these plants?

I foliar fed with Mega-Gro before they started showing pistils. They harvest so quick that I don't want the residue to end up in the smoke by doing it now.

They are kind of cute. Damn, tiny x-mas bulbs, a small string of lights, probably make a pretty funny pic..... :xmas:

Looking nice Potchimp! Yeah man need to do some GDP myself, heard some seed bank selling GDP seeds now, forgot the name.

Thanks, JBC420. I got lucky and caught the GDP seed promotion the day it came out. Haven't seen them in stock since. 4 out of 5 of them germed so far, and the 5th looks like a possible..... :)

I chopped one of the plants and pulled shade leaves and some trim off today. It looks like I'll get plenty of seeds for a small plant (20 or 30 maybe?). Smells good and plenty sticky, too. All four of them together should make a good size blunt..... :yummy:
I better clean the Hell out of the grow area before I start the GDPs to make sure all the pollen is gone.

Smokin' like a fiend..... :lot-o-toke:

Just a thought bro. but you reckon they could of flowered for a bit longer before you chopped one, they look like they got a couple of week or so? Just my opinion man.

Just a thought bro. but you reckon they could of flowered for a bit longer before you chopped one, they look like they got a couple of week or so? Just my opinion man.

It's possible that they could have gone another week, but growth stopped and the hairs started turning brown. I pulled a bract from each plant and checked the seeds inside, and they were fully mature. I chopped one day after the breeder's time frame (8 weeks from seed to harvest). I'll get better at exact harvesting times as I go along.
:peace:

Yeah man. Don't listen to the seed banks, they always tell you earlier flowering time and higher THC, CBD, so you buy from them. They all lie mate. But I would of kept them going, dont go off grow time go off tric colour so you bud is how you want it. Myself I like to watch the buds double in size in the final 2 week, strain dependant obviously.

Back
Top Bottom