PotChimp's Pineapple Express Soilless Grow

What strain? Pineapple Express (feminized seeds).

Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? Indica, Sativa; %'s unknown.

Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Veg.

If in Veg... For how long? 2-3 weeks.

If in Flower stage... For how long? N/A.

Indoor or outdoor? Indoor.

Soil or Hydro? Soilless mix.

If soil... what is in your mix? Sunshine Mix #4 Advanced.

If soil... What size pot? 3 gallon grow bags.

Size of light? 4-24 watt Sun Blaze T5 CFLs.

Is it aircooled? Not at this point.

Temp of Room/cab? 76 degrees

RH of Room/cab? 52%

PH of media or res? 6.2

Any Pests ? No

How often are you watering? 2-3 times/week

Type and strength of ferts used: Fox Farms Nutrients Trio plus all bloom supplements minus soil and root supplements (supposedly already in soilless mix); full strength. Mega-Gro foliar spray applied 2x weekly.

I skipped the first 2 weeks of the Fox Farms feeding schedule and am going to skip the first 4 weeks from now on in my future grows (slight early stage nute burn).

007520.JPG

There's the healthiest of the bunch.

008480.JPG

Thanks for the advice, Propa Gator. I was thinking about the same thing today. I used a 200 watt full spectrum CFL on my first grow, and I realized that the size of these plants are half the size of those plants at the same age. I'll put that old fixture back in when I get some time. Damn, I should have pulled my Vanilla orchid seedlings out of the seedling closet before I took those pics. :tokin:

Good question; thanks for asking. I have a 2' deep x 3' wide x 7' tall closet that I divided into a top and bottom half. The bottom half has about 18" of useable height and the top has about 3-3/4' useable height. I have a 20" deep x 3' wide x 5' tall grow tent also. I have a 200 watt Feliz full spectrum mogul based CFL in the bottom closet half (seedling/veg closet) with passive airflow (a vent in the lower door and baffled holes in the top for the upper flowering closet to draw air from). I have a 250 watt remote ballast HPS in the flowering closet, a small fan to prevent burn, and a 4" inline fan and carbon filter combo pulling air through the whole closet setup. The grow tent has a 250 watt Feliz red spectrum mogul based CFL and the fan/filter combo that comes standard with a small preconstructed crap grow unit I bought (the Superlocker 2) circulating air. My plans are to alternate grows between the grow tent and closet and do a harvest every 4 to 6 weeks, depending on the strains I am working with. I have a buttload of seeds to work with and I am trying to find the strain I like best. I am going to start an all Sativa grow soon (2 Wild Thailand, regular and feminized, and 2 Panama feminized) for the next tent grow, followed by a closet SOG grow with the original "Flo", Quasar, 2 The Ultimates, and 2 Warlocks, all feminized. Then a grouping. Maybe Alaskan Thunderfuck, Tangerine Dream, OG Kush, Chocolope, but probably the next one I will do is C99 x Webbed Indica (Wallyduck). I'm not going to do this Dr. Grinspoon grouping until I have a good stash built up (it's a low yielding species and has a longer flowering cycle). When I find what I am looking for, I plan to convert the tent into a mother plant/1st stage clone tent. The closet will be used for flowering the clones. I may continue this same seed to harvest method I am using now, but I think I will get more yield from cloning.
:peace:

Thanks JC and Propa Gator. The Golden Tiger seeds I ordered aren't in yet, so I planted the Panama and Wild Thailand seeds this morning. I was looking at my Hawaiian Maui Waui seeds and got tempted, but I'll give that a go later. I nuted the G13 Labs Pineapple Express plants today with the formula for the last week of 16/8 (the plants are small because of the lack of lumens in the previous six week period, so I am going to use this nute mix for another week or two before I put them into flowering, that is if they are showing sex by then). I see in your thread that you gave PEx a grow, Propa Gator. If you don't mind my asking, is the smoke any good? Any advice on this strain? :confused:

I've grown several crops of PEx, and will grow more because it's good. I advise 24 hr strong light til they're busting out big fans. The size and paler green inner color will cue you, that they are ready for nights. Dark cues the plant to flower. Soon, like 3 or 4 days later, voila.

Sharing what I know, to help with your grow, is
more than half the reason I am here for.
But as for the rest, as near as I can guess
A venue for my ego which I strut for :hmmmm:

Thanks again. I've decided to add to your advice yet another change in lighting. I ordered a 200 watt Feliz blue spectrum mogul based CFL for these guys (I might as well do it right). Now I will be completely covered for all light failures (a 250 watt back up HPS bulb if my primary bulb burns out, two 150 watt HPS ballast reflectors if the remote ballast fries, and this 200 watt full spectrum I will be pulling will replace either mogul based blue or red until I can get a replacement). With two backup 4" inline fans, I'll be set.
Hope these next few crops get rolling along, because the weed jar runneth low.....
:straightface:

Hope these next few crops get rolling along, because the weed jar runneth low.....
:straightface:

I can relate to that. I was down to my last couple of buds before I harvested my last grow at the end of July. I had jarred the harvest before that one too soon and the buds in the bottom of the jar were deep brown and moldy-stanky. Of course I smoked them anyway ;). Based on one of your posts it sounds like you've got some other plants that have been flowering for a while. Good luck with a speedy and bountiful harvest!

Yeah, I have another journal in progress with Jack La Mota, Jack Herer (some F4 or F5 hybrid; heavy on the indica side), Acapulco Gold, and 2 Auto Big Bangs. They are in week 5 of flowering (although it would be safer to say week 4 because I put them under 12/12 and they didn't show signs of flowering in the first week). The 2 Autos should be ready in about 2 more weeks, but with at least 3 weeks of cure thats over a month and I'm down to about an O-zer of herbs from my first seeded out grow. It's maybe a little above commercial Mexican in quality so that's like until tomorrow or Saturday then I'll be out for over a month. Yeah, I know I'm like :lot-o-toke:, but that's just the kind of chimp that I am.....

Yeah, I have another journal in progress with Jack La Mota, Jack Herer (some F4 or F5 hybrid; heavy on the indica side), Acapulco Gold, and 2 Auto Big Bangs. They are in week 5 of flowering (although it would be safer to say week 4 because I put them under 12/12 and they didn't show signs of flowering in the first week). The 2 Autos should be ready in about 2 more weeks, but with at least 3 weeks of cure thats over a month and I'm down to about an O-zer of herbs from my first seeded out grow. It's maybe a little above commercial Mexican in quality so that's like until tomorrow or Saturday then I'll be out for over a month. Yeah, I know I'm like :lot-o-toke:, but that's just the kind of chimp that I am.....

That's great to hear, I'm going to look for your other journal and get caught up there. If you can wait 3 weeks for your buds to cure before you smoke any of them then you're a better chimp than me. I was "sampling" my White Dwarf a couple of days after it went into the curing jars. The only requirement I have is that it will burn when lit. :tokin: It was not the best tasting at first but was an upgrade from moldy ass-bud. As expected it has gotten more flavorful and potent in just 2.5 weeks of curing. Hang in there! :yummy:

I'm getting that same moldy smell and lack of good taste coming from this last half O-Zee I've got here. I have quart canning jars for the next cure. I'll read up a little on storage to prevent this. I'll smoke on it some as long as it gets me high, though.....
Post more pics soon.

Soon to be weedless,
PotChimp

I always dry my PE to a crisp, then remoisturize (a little) with a spray bottle, then cut it off the sticks. Many may say that I'm not 'curing' proper, but I say PE don't need it. Customers like it pliable, so adding back some water is money in the bank. Fungi are not thieves, they're vandals.

I'll give that a try with some of this grow. Especially if remoisturizing it brings the smell and taste back. I've known people who swear by putting it in the refrigerator to preserve taste and smell. I used a gallon jar with a spring clamp lid and kept throwing shade leaves in to keep it moist (opening it 15-20 times a day tends to dry it some). I'm hoping that separating it into quart jars and leaving them sealed until use will solve this problem.
:focus:
The PEx's are showing improvement after only a few days under the 200 watt blue spectrum CFL (I'll post "one-week later" pics when the time comes). Maybe I haven't noticed on the other plants I have used it on, but between the Fox Farm bloom supplements and the Mega-Gro I'm using there are more bloom sites than usual, particularly on the PEx that shows the most vigorous growth. Still no visible signs of sex.

Oh what the Hell I couldn't resist taking a pic after I saw the first Panama seedling coming up for some light.
Day 47 (from seed, except the Panama seedling, of course):
008486.JPG

This one is the one that shows a difference in using Mega-Gro (for all I know this strain just grows bushy like this anyway).
006518.JPG

Back
Top Bottom