PotChimp's Pineapple Express Soilless Grow

There have been trichs for about 3 or more days now. I'll post a pic or 2 when the lights come on tonight. I felt sorry for that little struggling twig and pulled it. The 12 hour cycle wasn't enough light, but I broke another one off and put it down in my seedling chamber with the 3 Tangerine Dream and Super Lemon Haze I am starting for the next grow. It's been 3 days since I stuck it in the soilless and it hasn't changed slightly in appearance. No rooting compound, no cloning gel, no misting, nothing. Hearty strain.

Flowering : Day 23
003696.JPG
005632.JPG
007544.JPG

I gave the plants a dose of half strength nutes the other day. I am considering finishing out with organic nutes but I haven't decided yet. Can't wait to see the end product. :yummy:

How well does it smell? :)

It doesn't seem to have much of a smell (maybe it's too soon or maybe it's just me). When I break the shade leaves up to mulch them I can understand where they get the pineapple name from; it smells kind of fruity. Smells faintly of cut grass to me unless I crush it. Then again, that Ona-Pro could be doing its job.

Though I do enjoy the stink, sharing is a chink in
my web of denial of my closet's scream.

You say that Ona-Pro tames your reeking Hos,
since my carbon needs some help, that sounds good to me.

Yeah what I do is put one of the Ona-Pro canisters about one foot in front of where my fan output for the grow closet comes into the adjoining room. The dank air flowing over the canister draws the deodorizing substance into the airflow, and I can't smell a thing. You can start smelling when you need to replace it. I don't want to use it in the grow closet with the plants because I am worried that the chemical is probably airborne and will migrate onto the buds. My charcoal inline filter isn't doing all that great of a job either.

Flowering : Day 28
011381.JPG
009461.JPG
006544.JPG

The smell is getting more pronounced when I open the door. I've been playing around, alternating between 1/2 strength Fox Farms and full strength Blue Planet Farmer's Pride nutes, but I think I will finish these last few weeks of the program with BP. They still have at least 17 days left to flower, so I should get at least a weeks worth of weed to smoke out of the deal. :)

Got me a trace element deficiency going on. First I'm a cheapskate with the light bill and I get half-sized plants after 6 weeks, then skimping on the distilled water got me brown spots on the leaves. I'll do a dose of Cal-Mag in the next nute session (I have the final week of the Blue Planet Farmer's Pride nutrient schedule mixed in a gallon jug with some molasses, bubbling away even as we speak). Only one hair on one bud is slightly turning brown so far. Maybe a few more will be changed when the light cycle comes on tonight. I'll try to get a pic or two out of the deal. I think I'll stop nutes at about 25% coloration (this will probably be the last or second-to-last dose). I'll use Cal-Mag in the last waterings, but not the final flushings.

Definciency? :hmmmm:

I need a closet-full of such. Again. My deficiency is in between crops.

I only noticed it on one leaf, but it looks like a slight trace element deficiency. It's so close to the end of their lives that it probably doesn't even matter. But in case the flowering runs the maximum of another three weeks, I should go back to distilled water instead of filtered tap water and give them a little Cal-Mag.
Those between crop deficiencies are the worst ones. Harvested, I have to wait another 2-3 weeks to even smoke this crop. And I'll be lucky if I get it to last two weeks. I've got four Sativa fems I just put into 12/12, but they won't be on the cutting list until Christmastime. Started three Tangerine Dreams and two more Auto Big Bang fems the other day. I'm setting up three more grow areas in another location soon (one closet with 200w full spectrum CFL for seedling/veg, one closet with 300w red spectrum CFL for flowering the plants from the first closet, and I'm thinking a 3' x 4' grow tent with 600w switchable MH/HPS for a second setup) because I am getting tired of being out of doobage. I smoke like a monster. I'm thinking the CFL setup will do for harvesting one Lowryder #1 crop/month and the other setup will do for long flowering strains. Might consider recouping some of my losses, too. PEx is #1 on the cash crop list so far. :)

This grow is bananas....looking good :riskybusiness: chimp....nice work...:ciao:

Bananas? Yikes! Oh, you mean REAL bananas! I thought you meant hermie bananas..... ;)
Don't want any more of them for a while, at least not until I do these Mandala Seeds Satori (reg) and Joint Doctor Lowryder #1 (reg) crops. Ten seeds out of each strain should get me one male each. Then I'm hoping for more flying bananas than an exploding Chiquita truck could toss at me!

P.S.: Thanks; this is the best grow I've done so far. I blame it on the heartiness of the strain myself. Damn sure wasn't the fault of an undereducated, underexperienced, overbaked potchimp..... :tokin:

Flowering : Day 38
Upward growth stopped some time ago (lucky, because they came about eight inches from hitting the lights), and the flowers are at the point where they are not getting larger (lucky there too because the plants are starting to lean a bit from being too tall to support the top weight). I am discontinuing nutes at this point (I'll water if needed) and starting to watch colorization of the hairs. If I had to give an accurate guess I would say they are only at about 3-5%. I'll try to get some pics up tonight.

When the newest hairs start to turn, it's done. 6 or 7 weeks is enough for PE.

Everything is fully glazed, isn't it? Like monstrous sundews that stink :)

That would explain the sudden increase in hair color, Propa Gator. Six weeks would make it a few days from now. In 24 hours they changed to about 15-20%.
One more distilled water flush and I'll check with the magnifier. It doesn't seem to be getting any frostier. If I pinch the smaller buds it smells kind of like a urinal cake at the rest stop.
I sent all the seed breeder's my resume when I applied for a job describing the strain traits in the web ads. They haven't gotten back to me yet; can't imagine why..... :)

Looking real good PotChimp!............:goodjob:..........gotta love that Pineapple Express! I've got one flowering at 42 days. I just learned from your journal it is a fast finisher so .........:thanks:.......I'm going to have some smoke sooner than I thought.........:rollit:..........:smokin:......

Thanks, Goshawk. Yeah, a few days now. :party:

Back
Top Bottom