PotChimp's Side Projects

It's not good if they don't have room to bush out either. All these years and I still haven't put enough emphasis on planning grows. My areas are packed most of the time; if anything bushes out, it smothers the rest of the plants.

From the looks of this thing, I thought it would have a lot more hair on its a$$ than it does. Maybe I didn't do a good enough job the first time (Raspberry Cough clone plant):

Apollo 13 f2 mother I used for my Apollo 13 f3 seeds:

PotChimp's Unofficial Smoke Report - Nevil's Haze
I've grown and smoked it before (this plant was a clone of the original), but I thought I'd comment on it again. The bad news is that, like my Eva Seeds Monster plant, it's got seeds in all the buds and colas. The good news is that I've been wondering if an extraction of this would give me the 70's flashback I'm looking for in a buzz :hippy: and now I can find out. I'm going to keep the top colas like this one (there's four or five, but this is the largest):

The smell is a never ending repeat of Haze descriptions, aromatic wood (sandalwood) and spice; a little sweet smell in the background. But unlike Hazes I've grown before, breaking it up makes my fingers just as sticky as any plant you'd make hash out of. I managed to find me some king size rolling papers and I'm smoking a doob of it right now. It's definitely all head buzz and borderlines what the ads describe as (and you never experience) trippy. It still stands at the top of the keepers I have. I can't wait to make me some oil out of it. :thumb:

Raspberry Cough, maybe about a week to go (I probably should chop it now):

No matter what I do, these Apollo 13 f2s yellow up too soon if I let them get too tall. This one in a bigger pot just got more branches and did the same:

I gave up on the indica/sativa thing. It doesn't make any sense anymore. Maybe a few decades ago, you could rely on the differences but not now. And especially not the 60% sativa 40% indica bullshit. Once you blend the genes a few times, all bets are off. You might as well call them short/tall.

I have that Paki, which is old world kush, as "indica" as they come, and the fade is as light and easy as any good sativa hybrid. I've had pure sativas that had a fade as heavy as any indica leaner I've grown.

It's the same plant. Some got grown for their long fibers in equatorial climates, and others got grown for their THC resin in dry cool climates. The resin plants got cultivated for their flavors and aromas. The long-fibered ones were selected out for their potency.

Mix 'em back together and there's no telling what you'll get.

:bongrip:

I think that has more to do with your god like tolerance than with the quality of weed people are smoking. After all not everyone smokes 8 chimp arms a day to maintain their buzz. :laugh: :laugh:

I was just looking into one of my tents really focused on a plant towards the back when a branch that was leaning on the edge of the open tent door fell outward towards me. I yelled AHH!!!! and fell backwards right into the sturlyte box I keep my soilless mix in :D I broke the top from sitting on it when I fell, so at least I'm getting the dopey and paranoid as $hit part for my money :thumb:

There was about only one good thing that ever came out of my many paranoid indica smoking. episodes and that was the special recipe for white rice I developed one night after smoking too much dealer-pot, because I’m a lightweight.

I already had a guilty conscience for reasons I won’t go into, and suddenly in the night a large truck drove into my driveway with big red lights on top.
‘Big truck, big red lights = Danger. Very bad. Run!’.

I was boiling some white rice at the time and I turned the stove off and ran out the door and down to the beach where I hung out for at least an hour until I carefully snuck back to the cabin. Turned out it was a friends truck and they were staying at the cabin next door and just using the end of my driveway to park in.

Anyway the point is - that the white rice, which had just finished getting to a boil and then been turned off and left in a warm spot, was perfectly cooked. That’s how I usually cook white rice now. I call the recipe ‘paranoid rice’.

I should mention that other than that one good thing, all the paranoia was pretty much a complete f$&king waste of time and I’m glad I figured out about sativas - even if they don’t really exist.

A house sparrow got in the house and into my grow area once (probably through the chimney, which I closed off with wire mesh the next day). It was kinda dark and really quiet. I asked myself, "Did I hear something?" A second later a burst of wings; he was coming right at me! :thedoubletake: I about had a heart attack! I've been jumpy about motion in the ol' garden ever since!

Back
Top Bottom