PotChimp's Side Projects

I know what you mean. Even with the extra room I'm packed.
Here's that third frosty Blackberry Trainwreck I noticed the other night:

Three that look worth keeping. And I think I might have more seeds of it.

On the right is the only Killer A5 Haze I have that's keeping tame (as far as size), and on the left is a Hippie Killer plant:

It gives an idea of the plant structure.
This Killer A5 Haze kind of kept short too, but it's browning up everywhere. I've looked all over the tent, and I can't find a single male flower anywhere:

Mendocino Purple Kush:

Nevil's Haze, about done. I gave it RO water the last few times (and overwatered it), so the stems are rubbery. Man the sandalwood smell on it is kick a$$, though. Strong:

Me too! :) I think for the first time in a long time, I'm going to use a scope to inspect the trichomes so I can harvest this one at the right time (just to see how much of a difference it makes). I think I harvest most of my plants too late.

Me too! :) I think for the first time in a long time, I'm going to use a scope to inspect the trichomes so I can harvest this one at the right time (just to see how much of a difference it makes). I think I harvest most of my plants too late.
My harvest have always been on the early side. I'm also trying to change that but I'm a bit impulsive at times. ;)

The secret to success with a continual garden is realizing how much it would cost to buy as much weed as you grow and smoke. $:eek:$

It has given us paws for thought - just how much it behooves our Stable to have a garden in it. We used to have to hand over five hundy an ounce. I’m flipping the bird to all that now!

We had a guy who could still find good ol' Mexican brickweed at 150. That was 8 years ago. The good stuff was 350-400 and we smoked it just as fast, so ... that never worked out well, financially.

Even if I had to buy herb again, I still think I'd miss the pure unadulterated stuff I get from my own garden. There's always something about the weed people offer me that's off somehow. It has a bite, or a dusty taste, or a dull high or something.

:bongrip:

Thinking about it, it's been close to ten years since I've smoked commercial pot. I don't miss it either.
Except for the occasional bean bomb where I didn't seed the pot good enough so one's in the doob and pops right in the middle of a good toke; yay my new Led Zeppelin t-shirt now has a burn hole in it! :thumb:

That's the best looking Neville haze Ive seen in awhile :thumb:

Besides the excellent buzz, that's the reason I keep it. Most Hazes I've grown look like a meteor hit the Earth next to them sixteen weeks later when they're done. :(

Note - Everything is going great on the start of this new grow except those Boss Hogg seeds. Two opened up and a tail popped out, but the tails didn't grow out any longer than 1/8". The other two cracked open and I saw white inside, but no further growth. It may have come to the point where some of my 5 year old+ freebies are going bad.
If they don't take (or if only some of them do), I'll replace them with other older freebies.

I think we are the exception to the harvest norm. I rarely ever look at trichomes and I always let the plant go until it stops drinking. I find my yields go up a lot giving them that extra week or three.

My harvest have always been on the early side. I'm also trying to change that but I'm a bit impulsive at times. ;)

I think most growers tend to harvest on the early side. I see a lot of people chopping plants on here and I think "aww man, give that girl another 10 days and she will thank you very generously". About the only time I don't wait is if I am really in need of the space. Patience usually pays off in terms of yield and quality in experience.

Back
Top Bottom